Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hogwarts Legacy - Harry Potter open world action RPG prequel set in the late 1800s

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
So, uhm... can I romance Hermione in this? :D
You can, but it's the same actress reprising the role...

JpCiO6s_d.webp
Just looking at that makes me dehydrated.

I always wonder about the Switch releases for games like this. Clearly the Switch is nowhere near a powerful enough piece of hardware to run this thing on even minimum settings. Do most Switch owners just not care about running an awful looking game at 15FPS with occasional dips into single-digit territory?

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
I always wonder about the Switch releases for games like this. Clearly the Switch is nowhere near a powerful enough piece of hardware to run this thing on even minimum settings. Do most Switch owners just not care about running an awful looking game at 15FPS with occasional dips into single-digit territory?
A lot of people out there who are too cheap to get gaming laptops.

I... guess? But they're still paying $60 for what is objectively the worst version of a game. And if cost of the system is the issue than you can easily find a laptop far more powerful than a Switch that is not going to be that much more expensive.

The reason I personally own a Switch is because I like a lot of Nintendo First-Party shit, and as a bonus it lets me play undemanding games like Stardew Valley and Dead Cells while traveling. I just don't see any reason to buy a title like this on Switch, and yet I know that it will sell millions of copies on Switch.

Hobo Elf

Arcane

I... guess? But they're still paying $60 for what is objectively the worst version of a game. And if cost of the system is the issue than you can easily find a laptop far more powerful than a Switch that is not going to be that much more expensive.

The reason I personally own a Switch is because I like a lot of Nintendo First-Party shit, and as a bonus it lets me play undemanding games like Stardew Valley and Dead Cells while traveling. I just don't see any reason to buy a title like this on Switch, and yet I know that it will sell millions of copies on Switch.
You can extend your question to anyone who has only owned a console since the PS3/360 era. Lots of games being ported on all platforms and ran like shit on consoles, especially the UE3 games, yet people bought them and never bothered to upgrade to a PC. Time to accept the sad truth that it's a minority of people who actually care about good performance.

You can extend your question to anyone who has only owned a console since the PS3/360 era. Lots of games being ported on all platforms and ran like shit on consoles, especially the UE3 games, yet people bought them and never bothered to upgrade to a PC. Time to accept the sad truth that it's a minority of people who actually care about good performance.
Eh... sure. Kinda.

The Switch is, for all hardware intents and purposes a 7.5 generation system. The fact that it's getting AAA releases in 2022 is a bit mind-boggling. Doing so is almost as nutso as releasing a port of a PS3 launch title onto late stage PSX firmware; it's just clearly going to run like absolute shit, and it's not about it being a bad port or a bad engine, it's about the parent company being greedy as fuck.

Thinking about it, I suppose you could say Nintendo has just tacitly embraced shovelware as a means of selling clearly outdated hardware.

And I say this speaking as someone who likes my Switch a lot... for specific things.

Hobknobling

Learned

Eh... sure. Kinda.

The Switch is, for all hardware intents and purposes a 7.5 generation system. The fact that it's getting AAA releases in 2022 is a bit mind-boggling. Doing so is almost as nutso as releasing a port of a PS3 launch title onto late stage PSX firmware; it's just clearly going to run like absolute shit, and it's not about it being a bad port or a bad engine, it's about the parent company being greedy as fuck.

Thinking about it, I suppose you could say Nintendo has just tacitly embraced shovelware as a means of selling clearly outdated hardware.

And I say this speaking as someone who likes my Switch a lot... for specific things.
I can't even imagine how far behind they would be without the chip shortage.

If I lift a girl with the vingaridio-wtv-the fuck spell, can I see her panties? It's actually a plot point in the books iirc, but done on a boy cause JKR a faggot.

Last edited:

deuxhero

Arcane
If I lift a girl with the vingaridio-wtv-the fuck spell, can I see her panties? It's actually a plot point in the books iirc, but done on a boy cause JKR a faggot.
This game is set in the 1800s and panties as we know them weren't invented till the late 1920s at the earliest. Even the conjoined bloomers that show in up fantasy as "historical" women underwear didn't show up till the very end of the 1800s. At this time women would either be naked or bare crotched under their dress.

RepHope

Savant

Taking into account how this franchise that was arguably the definitive childhood franchise for all the mentally ill millennials who would grow up to become SJW cancer, it’s funny how Slytherin, the “evil” house populated by white supremacists, seems to be the most popular one in the franchise.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom