Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Hogwarts Legacy - Harry Potter open world action RPG prequel set in the late 1800s

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Bet he thinks Avatar 2 underperformed. Lmao

Cassar

Augur
That's 700k peak concurrent players at one moment not total players.... it's passed a million in sales easily already on PC alone. Every publisher would kill for this kind of underperformance kek.

You take the peak concurrent player numbers from the launch weekend and multiply it by 8 to get a fairly accurate ballpark estimation for sales. It didnt pass a million in sales. Like i said, it passed 5 million. This is the 3rd most played singleplayer game in the history of games (on steam). Every publisher would not just kill for this type of performance, they'd sell their kids. Again - out of all the games that have ever been released on Steam since 2003 until now, Hogwarts is number 3 for singleplayer games and 9th overall. Only Cyberpunk and Elden Ring did more players at launch

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
That's 700k peak concurrent players at one moment not total players.... it's passed a million in sales easily already on PC alone. Every publisher would kill for this kind of underperformance kek.

You take the peak concurrent player numbers from the launch weekend and multiply it by 8 to get a fairly accurate ballpark estimation for sales. It didnt pass a million in sales. Like i said, it passed 5 million. This is the 3rd most played singleplayer game in the history of games (on steam). Every publisher would not just kill for this type of performance, they'd sell their kids. Again - out of all the games that have ever been released on Steam since 2003 until now, Hogwarts is number 3 for singleplayer games and 9th overall. Only Cyberpunk and Elden Ring did more players at launch

And to be entirely fair, it's fairly easy to assume that CP2077 and Elden Ring had much more advertising dollars than this game.

It's almost like WB's marketing arm saw how things were going to play out, and the amount of free advertising they were going to get....

As usual, Streisand Effect and "boycotts" at work. Certain parts of the internet are legit burning down right now because people wanted this game to fail so badly. People are spending entire days spamming spoilers for this game and getting into drawn out flamewars over people who actually care.

I'm alternating between being depressed and being hilariously entertained.

Hace El Oso

Arcane
Patron

Fargus

Arcane
lol how the fuck this thread managed to get to 15 pages

https://steamcommunity.com/app/990080/discussions/0/3761104682799625653/
LWJiBDv.jpg

Also which one of you motherfuckers posted it? :salute:

Last edited:

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
Barbeque does nto equal black. Dont be racist. I am white. Everybody I fukkin know loves barbeques. LMFAO

Besdie, you know well what type of barbeque people I was referring to.

Mortmal

Arcane
You people fall for the most retarded psyops ever, wtf.
This game is shit and woke af. Not a coordinated marketing campaign at all.
Oh. I'm not getting the game, if that's what you think.

Not that you'll be happy with what I say next, but the only games I plan to get this month are Like A dragon: Ishin!, and Octopath Traveler II.
If you like gaming you should not listen to all the noise around and just try it. it's good gameplay , has good puzzles, as far as console games goes its one of the best.

Semiurge

Cipher
I had to laugh at Wired's 1/10 review.
That article seems like it was just the writer complaining about how JK Rowling ruined her childhood or some other shit. "Mid at best" "1/10"
https://archive.is/Bsy0L

Wired-Yikes-Yall.jpg

YIKES, Y'ALL.

Seriously, this anti-campaign is so hilarious I'm almost tempted to buy this.

Gotta love the truncated zoomer vocabulary. Mid instead of mediocre.

Lambach

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
Not sure how true this is, but I read somewhere that you can learn Avada Kedavra, the Killing Curse, then use it freely without anyone in Hogwarts giving a shit.

One of the comments was something along the lines of: "So you can basically become the 19th Century equivalent of an American school shooter and nobody bats an eye, huh?" :M

thesecret1

Arcane
Covid seems to have severely impacted game development, more than I thought it would (since I would assume game studios, of all places, could reliably work from home as many programmers already do).
Work from home wasn't the problem (well, it was a problem in some respects, but it wasn't THE problem). The real issue was that the economy took a downwards turn and people got scared to spend. And guess what's first on the chopping block when people start cutting expenses. Profits plummeted, which caused large layoffs and various other changes, both organizational and direction-wise.

Grampy_Bone

Arcane
Wandering the world randomly in search of maps
It's amazing that the industry that once ridiculed Joe Liberman and Jack Thompson now takes it as a given that elective entertainment products can "cause harm," apparently just by existing. Somehow, playing a videogame (with no subversive content) adapted from a book (with no subversive content) written by an author (with crimethink views) will SOMEHOW spread a voodoo curse and make you shoot up a tranny ward at the hospital (you know, before 40% of them shoot themselves.)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom