Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

I have a counter-proposal (Crispy vs. Kalin TO THE DEATH)

Your choice in this poll could be historic

• I choose the Scenario listed as Option 1 in the first post of this thread (De-mod Crispy)

• I choose the Scenario listed as Option 2 in the first post of this thread (Kalin stays in GD)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Die Straße frei den braunen Bataillonen.
Die Straße frei dem Sturmabteilungsmann!
Es schau'n aufs Hakenkreuz voll Hoffnung schon Millionen.
Der Tag für Freiheit und für Brot bricht an!

Unsre Fahne flattert uns voran.
In die Zukunft ziehn wir Mann für Mann.
Wir marschieren für Hitler durch Nacht und durch Not
mit der Fahne der Jugend für Freiheit und Brot.

Why are Propaganda songs so damn good?

Self-Ejected

Shitty Kitty

Self-Ejected

Ahh to be honest here, 1vs1 are shit. It is race to the power armour and then it is one sided. If you want test of pure skillz you put the modifier instagib or sniperarena.

Honestly, not really. I've played UT matches where I've been able to keep someone from snowballing their way to victory just because they snagged the armor powerup first. Flak Cannon does ungodly amounts of damage, you can quickly erase an armor advantage if you play smart. It helps if the map has terrain hazards, though - quickest way to keep someone from riding armor powerups to victory is to just knock them off a ridge into a bottomless pit or lava, preferably with Shock Rifle combos, the Rocket Launcher, or Flak Cannon alt-fire.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

Ahh to be honest here, 1vs1 are shit. It is race to the power armour and then it is one sided. If you want test of pure skillz you put the modifier instagib or sniperarena.

Honestly, not really. I've played UT matches where I've been able to keep someone from snowballing their way to victory just because they snagged the armor powerup first. Flak Cannon does ungodly amounts of damage, you can quickly erase an armor advantage if you play smart. It helps if the map has terrain hazards, though - quickest way to keep someone from riding armor powerups to victory is to just knock them off a ridge into a bottomless pit or lava, preferably with Shock Rifle combos, the Rocket Launcher, or Flak Cannon alt-fire.

That really depends on the players levels. If you are on equal footing it ends up being down to luck,who gets spawned closer to the armour. And yeah the flak is king,doesn't mean that the enemy could just guard it. Even with the flak you will need two lifes unless the enemy messes up. For tryhards and people that play too much of the game,map knowledge is very important. That is why most online games have like 4 retarded maps repeated at nauseam,and never try anything new. Playing against normal players,it is only natural to get 10-0 lol. If you want a match of pure skillz,just go last man standing or instagib mutator. For a big game with more people,it is a different story. In such games map knowledge is mostly irrelevant,the goal is to be good at killing shit.

Self-Ejected

Shitty Kitty

Self-Ejected

That really depends on the players levels. If you are on equal footing it ends up being down to luck,who gets spawned closer to the armour. And yeah the flak is king,doesn't mean that the enemy could just guard it. Even with the flak you will need two lifes unless the enemy messes up. For tryhards and people that play too much of the game,map knowledge is very important. That is why most online games have like 4 retarded maps repeated at nauseam,and never try anything new. Playing against normal players,it is only natural to get 10-0 lol. If you want a match of pure skillz,just go last man standing or instagib mutator. For a big game with more people,it is a different story. In such games map knowledge is mostly irrelevant,the goal is to be good at killing shit.

Yeah this match was a bit of puppykicking in terms of player skill difference, and map knowledge on a map suitable for 1v1 is fairly trivial in terms of what it takes to commit it to rough memory. I find instagib generally turns into "who saw who first" and even a notable gap in player skill can narrow a bit as long as the underdog isn't a complete retard.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

Yeah this match was a bit of puppykicking in terms of player skill difference, and map knowledge on a map suitable for 1v1 is fairly trivial in terms of what it takes to commit it to rough memory. I find instagib generally turns into "who saw who first" and even a notable gap in player skill can narrow a bit as long as the underdog isn't a complete retard.

Yeah the map is easy to learn,still if you haven't play in some time,you won't learn it while getting killed every 3 seconds. LoL assuming that everyone has 100% accuracy is an excuse,you will be surprised at how inaccurate people can be. Also instagib weapons has a small hit box,even if to looks big,might be even smaller than the sniper. It will be a lot more fairer than fighting a guy with 150 armour and 200 health and full ammo for all the map weapons lol.

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
any alternate account(s) on Codex (an "alt" / "alts") for the purpose of attempting to circumvent this fate, his new alt(s) shall be immediately banned and removed by Codex Administration, and his current, original account ("Kalin") shall receive a new tag, the customary one of "Dumbfuck".

Why does he have to go through all that work in order for you guys to give him the dumbfuck tag but I got one for making one post that is arguably not even a shit post. Anyways, #TeamCrispy.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
What did Kalin even get banned for? or whatever happened to him.
cf8.png

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
Anyways, #TeamCrispy
And you wonder why you got tagged, you Larian cultist.

Infinitron is the larian cultist. Being team crispy means I'm against the larian cultists. Also, I'm pretty sure infinitron gave me that tag so having the tag makes me even less of a larian cultist. There's not a single person on this website who has done more for the anti-larian cause than I have. How could you say something like this?

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Anyways, #TeamCrispy
And you wonder why you got tagged, you Larian cultist.

Infinitron is the larian cultist. Being team crispy means I'm against the larian cultists. Also, I'm pretty sure infinitron gave me that tag so having the tag makes me even less of a larian cultist. There's not a single person on this website who has done more for the anti-larian cause than I have. How could you say something like this?

Mayhap you haven't noticed, but this is a spat between Crispy and Kalin, not between Crispy and Infinitron. In fact, Crispy and Infinitron are on the same side in this whole mess. Congrats for supporting them, I guess?

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Infinitron and I aren't really on the "same side" of anything -- it's just that he and I are both reasonable and came to the conclusion the whole thing was silly.

Once he opened Pandora's Box, however, and DU got involved, it was then out of our hands.

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
Infinitron and I aren't really on the "same side" of anything -- it's just that he and I are both reasonable and came to the conclusion the whole thing was silly.

Once he opened Pandora's Box, however, and DU got involved, it was then out of our hands.
And now that it's out of your hands, we all need to take a side. You can't stay neutral on a moving train people!

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Back in the day, I used to play instagib on double speed and I could easily snipe across the large maps.

Ah memories.

:popamole:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom