Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

I have a counter-proposal (Crispy vs. Kalin TO THE DEATH)

Your choice in this poll could be historic

• I choose the Scenario listed as Option 1 in the first post of this thread (De-mod Crispy)

• I choose the Scenario listed as Option 2 in the first post of this thread (Kalin stays in GD)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Self-Ejected

Shitty Kitty

Self-Ejected
I won't disagree that the AI is retarded, but it's your fault if you've left them somewhere. What I'm saying is that the kind of people who go ‘oh yeah just delete the companions lol’ are the kinds of people who'd play Doom with full mouse-look. Besides, if you can't put up with one shitty thing, why bother playing it at all? It's not like the rest of the game is any better. Learning to put up with bullshit despite your butthurt is a good thing, you know.
getting rid of an extremely-poorly implemented follower mechanic that does nothing for the already mediocre game = putting mouselook in a 2.5D game because you can't figure out how to kill the Icon of Sin

good to know

Self-Ejected

Shitty Kitty

Self-Ejected
I won't disagree that the AI is retarded, but it's your fault if you've left them somewhere. What I'm saying is that the kind of people who go ‘oh yeah just delete the companions lol’ are the kinds of people who'd play Doom with full mouse-look. Besides, if you can't put up with one shitty thing, why bother playing it at all? It's not like the rest of the game is any better. Learning to put up with bullshit despite your butthurt is a good thing, you know.
getting rid of an extremely-poorly implemented follower mechanic that does nothing for the already mediocre game = putting mouselook in a 2.5D game because you can't figure out how to kill the Icon of Sin

good to know
Yes, it's called modtardation.
no, it's called the difference between "followers in Daikatana ACTIVELY make an already troubled game significantly less enjoyable" and "people are too stupid to figure out a basic fucking timing puzzle in an otherwise excellent game where the lack of mouseaim is not even a real impediment"

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
The game is liquid shit lol. Really bad level design and terrible weapons. Who the fuck decided that a shotgun that shoots three times on a mouse click is a good idea?!

This only applies to the first episode. The weapons and level design of the other episodes are all solid. They made all the levels in order which was a mistake since it meant that everybody had to experience the most awkward and least polished parts first since they didn't have time to go back and redo them entirely.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
The game is liquid shit lol. Really bad level design and terrible weapons. Who the fuck decided that a shotgun that shoots three times on a mouse click is a good idea?!

This only applies to the first episode. The weapons and level design of the other episodes are all solid. They made all the levels in order which was a mistake since it meant that everybody had to experience the most awkward and least polished parts first since they didn't have time to go back and redo them entirely.
Not really interested anyway,a third of the game being shit is enough to turn me off. I keep only to get raped by zz from time to time.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Why did you even played it? It is arguably the worst fps eva made from that era.

People here assured me that that everything except the first episode was fine with a mod and they were correct.

Self-Ejected

Shitty Kitty

Self-Ejected
Why did you even played it? It is arguably the worst fps eva made from that era.

People here assured me that that everything except the first episode was fine with a mod and they were correct.
The writing/story is campy as fuck but it's an FPS so who cares. It was oversold because Romero couldn't really help himself back then (he's a lot more humble/chill now and when push comes to shove, the man's got a pretty good head for this kind of thing though he was always at his best with someone to temper him, like Carmack). "Worst FPS from the late 90s" is a really goddamn high (low?) bar to clear, and even the worst from that era can't really hold a candle to the deluge of pure garbage that came around earlier in the decade.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I may not be able to hit the game at the time,something can come up at the time. Will try to come and play some fun UT,but can't guarantee it,have fun guys ;).

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Monday at 12:08 AM
i am here
I think you mixed your am with pm. You're 12 hours late. I ain't up at 12 am on a Monday morning.
Fucking savages and their weird times. Must have misread it pm,ahh my bad my savage mate. Who would have thought that your free day is a free middle of the night yo?! Up for a game tonight? I could stack on red bull if we manage to make a connection.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom