Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Jagged Alliance 3 from Haemimont Games

Hobo Elf

Arcane
I'm expecting JA3 to be Banana XCOM. If it's more than that and closer to the original JAs, great, but I'd be setting myself up for disappointment if that's what I was expecting to happen.

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
I'm expecting JA3 to be Banana XCOM. If it's more than that and closer to the original JAs, great, but I'd be setting myself up for disappointment if that's what I was expecting to happen.
Looking at job postings, they are still looking for an engine programmer, which is a bad sign. They also want to hire a character animator and a UI designer.
And they have job listings for JAVA and C#. Is this a Unity engine game?

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth

Safest assumption. That way you can only be pleasantly surprised if it turns out good.

Also whydoibother they are being vague on engine, but good chance it's Unity if they are hiring C# guys.

GrafvonMoltke

Shoutbox Purity League
Shitposter
71MTbRmLY8L._AC_SY550_.jpg

Someone 'shop with mercenaries pls

PanteraNera

Arcane
I think you have too high expectations.
Nah, ever since PP I belief that everything will be shit.
That said, currently I am looking forward to three games: Urban Strife, Homicidal All-Stars and JA3. JA3 is on the end of my list and would be even lower if I was looking forward to more games :lol:.

Last edited:

GrafvonMoltke

Shoutbox Purity League
Shitposter
That said, currently I am looking forward to three games: Urban Strife, Homicidal All-Stars and JA3. JA3 is on the end of my list and would be ever lower if I was looking forward to more games :lol:.
Damn, just checked this out and it looks cool af. Thanks for the tip, chief!

ArchAngel

Arcane
That said, currently I am looking forward to three games: Urban Strife, Homicidal All-Stars and JA3. JA3 is on the end of my list and would be ever lower if I was looking forward to more games :lol:.
It might be cool but it is nuXcom derivative with only 3 man teams.

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
The demo 3 people, maybe the full release will have more. Easy to add a 4th without changing the UI.
Also the additional waves of enemies arriving from random directions, and the game director dropping random shit in the middle of fights could be cool.

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria
That said, currently I am looking forward to three games: Urban Strife, Homicidal All-Stars and JA3. JA3 is on the end of my list and would be even lower if I was looking forward to more games :lol:.
Project Haven or Cyber Knights: Flashpoint don't look promising enough?

GrafvonMoltke

Shoutbox Purity League
Shitposter
Idk my tastes aren't very monocled.

Pssst don't tell anyone.

I liked nu XCOM

ArchAngel

Arcane
The demo 3 people, maybe the full release will have more. Easy to add a 4th without changing the UI.
Also the additional waves of enemies arriving from random directions, and the game director dropping random shit in the middle of fights could be cool.
From what I understand they want 3 man teams.

Alter Sack

Magister
Jagged Alliance 2 is the only game I ever preordered.
Still remember how excite I was at work on the day it arrived and couldn't wait to play it.
I hope this turns out good, if only I could be as I was, naive and full of optimism.
Same. The first and last one.

Got a demo of it before it was released on a gaming magazine (Game Star or PC Games).

Yes, you heard right, a demo even before release!

I was hooked and preordered the game.

Totally forgot about it after the release was delayed.

And one fine day in, it must have been in 1999, I got a surprise packet.

The next few weeks I wasn't available for other things. :lol:

PanteraNera

Arcane
Hahaha Alter Sack the name checks out :lol:.
And was the same to me as well, I got the demo from one of the two magazines and was so hooked that it was clear, as soon as I can get more I want to have it. To a lesser degree it was the same with the Fallout 1 demo, which was a day one purchase in store.
These days, there is hardly anything that even comes close to that. Often I think that games just became shit, but maybe it is just because I am getting old.
Probably because of almost a ten years break from gaming I just didn't adjust to swallow more and more shit.

spectre

Arcane
Ah yes, the Jagged Alliance 2 demo. I remember when I figured out you can right-click to aim and... all the magic suddenly happened.
Not gonna lie, it was love at first sight for me.

Funny thing, I keep going back to this thread to read only to read about other games that actually look good.
Bit of a shame that all the stuff has only been announced or is in early access, but seems like good times are just round the corner.
Anyways, thanks for mentioning Cyber Knights: Flashpoint. Totally slipped past me.

BlackAdderBG

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Don't get your hopes up guys. Best case scenario it will be competent, but with bland mechanics and some funny dialog. All Haemimont games are casual as shit and fallow clean safe corporate design.

cpmartins

Cipher
Don't get your hopes up guys. Best case scenario it will be competent, but with bland mechanics and some funny dialog. All Haemimont games are casual as shit and fallow clean safe corporate design.
Surviving Mars was pretty good though, as was Tropico 5. Haven't played Omerta or Victor Vran and, looking at some gameplay videos, never will.
My only complain for both of these games is that they're too easy once you start going into the end game. Surviving Mars has what I believe to be one of the best mid-game difficulty curves I've ever seen.

PanteraNera

Arcane
All Haemimont games are casual as shit and fallow clean safe corporate design.
Thanks for giving me the mantra I was looking for!
I share my free exercise that goes very well with it:

Do it at least once a day, on days with mild cases of hype up to three times!

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom