Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

vota DC

Augur
So listen, anyone managed to get the Merciful cheevo? (don't kill anyone except Runt)

Trying to do it nao, can't get through the Pribyslavitz fight. Gave it about 4 attempts but I always get the "too many of your soldiers died, GG" message as soon as I get into the bandit half of the camp. If I stay back and don't fight, I can't win it seems.

Btw during scouting I did destroy their arrows and I poisoned their food but to no avail. I'm kindda scratching my head here.
Try punching with heavy armor. You should help troops without killing anybody.

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I started playing this today, because I got sick of P:K and I wanted a change of pace.

My family died. Polish sky. Lost sword. Polish sky. Got deep into debt. Polish sky. Stole ring during nighttime, didn't see sky but it kept raining, so assume Polish sky.

***intermission - went to take a shit***

Went on patrol. Polish sky. Punched a noble. Polish sky. And now... the element of shock comes:

Went hunting. Beautiful gorgeous vistas. Fantastic weather. Birds chirping. Animals prancing around. Killed rabbits. Rescued noble!

*** checked time ***

HOLY FUCK, SIX HOURS?!?!?!?

10/10 game. Would recommend. Going to hit on the miller's niece tomorrow. Hope to get laid. Polish weather a plus when you're trying to make babies, methinks.

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
So listen, anyone managed to get the Merciful cheevo? (don't kill anyone except Runt)

Trying to do it nao, can't get through the Pribyslavitz fight. Gave it about 4 attempts but I always get the "too many of your soldiers died, GG" message as soon as I get into the bandit half of the camp. If I stay back and don't fight, I can't win it seems.

Btw during scouting I did destroy their arrows and I poisoned their food but to no avail. I'm kindda scratching my head here.

Additionally, I think just running uphill ahead of everyone else and drawing aggro to yourself should help.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!

Additionally, I think just running uphill ahead of everyone else and drawing aggro to yourself should help.

All that worked only after I cheated myself a god mode. Without it they always hacked me to pieces in a couple of seconds, even with heavy armor.

This mission clearly doesn't account for the achievements. Whatever.

Hmm. Should prolly give this a second try since i don't have any new RPGs i want to play (well i do but they are in a never-ending patch cycle).

The last time I played I managed to take out that entire war camp (the one before the first large battle) all on my own but the game didn't recognize this. All the enemies respawned and the lack of reactivity annoyed me enough that i stopped caring. Also I hated how the combat (designed for 1 on 1) clashed with the encounter designs (frequent ambushes by +4 opponents). Doubt any of this was changed. Eh.. maybe I won't try after all.

carole kind

Prospernaut
Codex Year of the Donut
Hmm. Should prolly give this a second try since i don't have any new RPGs i want to play (well i do but they are in a never-ending patch cycle).

The last time I played I managed to take out that entire war camp (the one before the first large battle) all on my own but the game didn't recognize this. All the enemies respawned and the lack of reactivity annoyed me enough that i stopped caring. Also I hated how the combat (designed for 1 on 1) clashed with the encounter designs (frequent ambushes by +4 opponents). Doubt any of this was changed. Eh.. maybe I won't try after all.

when i paraded my horse in the city all face were blank
i tried to make the refugees at the guillotine.
but they were left alone.

The_Mask

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Introspective thought: "This girl will probably judge me for my attire and my ride, so I need to get a bit decked out before I pursue her."

And so an epic story of fighting crime for money, theft, haggling and even getting a noble drunk in a bathhouse for the end purpose of G's began. In the end I got myself an Arabic ride for my downtown Bohemian soon-to-be-gf. I also scrounged up a decent look. Not shining knight material, because shining knights spell out "metal never tested", but looking remarkably decent for a blacksmith getto dog.
So I shower her with flowers, clothes, silver - she goes: "haha, how cute, please don't blow your wallet on me". This way I cannot think she's merely mocking my feeble capacity to spin armour and weapons into G's, but here comes the third date and she only wants to search for each other blindfolded in the barn.

We do. Then Polish weather kicks in again (what a surprise!), and then we do a different type of searching... never once her asking me about my ride, or my knighthood looks. What a woman!

But as I walk out of the barn, the one I gave Theresa multiple orgasms in just one night, her amazingly kind miller-in-chief salutes me with: "Hey Henry, do you want to bet on the winner of the Rattay tournament?"

I would've clapped in a standing ovation, if it weren't for the force of the concussive impact that sheer genious moment had on me. Wow.

Baardhaas

Cipher
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here

All that worked only after I cheated myself a god mode. Without it they always hacked me to pieces in a couple of seconds, even with heavy armor.

This mission clearly doesn't account for the achievements. Whatever.
Bit late since you're already past this point. I got the achievement without cheating by equiping a weapon I wasn't skilled with. You can punch/hit opponents, as long as you don't kill them. So make sure you don't do to much damage, don't perform perfect blocks, but run around and clubber all enemies that are already engaged with your allies. This interrupts their attacks, allowing your allies to land strikes, just back off when they start to engage you.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Bit late since you're already past this point. I got the achievement without cheating by equiping a weapon I wasn't skilled with. You can punch/hit opponents, as long as you don't kill them. So make sure you don't do to much damage, don't perform perfect blocks, but run around and clubber all enemies that are already engaged with your allies. This interrupts their attacks, allowing your allies to land strikes, just back off when they start to engage you.

Yeah I know, I just didn't want to spend too much time gimmicking around, I already sunk 200+ in the game on my first run, now I'm only after a handful of leftover cheevos.

The_Mask

Patron
Rattay square. I jumped so high with my horse in the middle of the square that when I landed I killed a guard with the back hooves of my horse. Tears of joy are streaming down my cheeks right now. I think I love this game.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
My guess is the sequel left pre-production only fairly recently, judging by the intensified hiring effort Warhorse launched around this winter. If true then the game won't come out before 2022. We may see an announcement next E3 season tho.

Btw all these speculations must be p. entertaining for Smejki.

The_Mask

Patron
I have been playing this game for very single day since my last post about it here, and I have to say... it's amazing what this studio put together. Amazing fun. This game is worth every cent I paid for it.

That being said I have literally ONE gripe about it: when you try to sneak around in the wild, the dog has the tendency of just wandering into you. There is that 1 split second where the game stops to acknowledge the fact that there is a dog there, and then lets you through - but really, it would've been smarter just have your dog not even try to be in your way.

Otherwise... what a game... what a game...

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
That being said I have literally ONE gripe about it: when you try to sneak around in the wild, the dog has the tendency of just wandering into you.

Only one? I'm the biggest fanboy of this game on the Codex but I've listed a whole plethora of gripes. This game is a rough diamond...altho more diamond than rough.

Also yeah, the dog can be annoying. Unless I'm hunting I usually send him home.

The_Mask

Patron
Also yeah, the dog can be annoying. Unless I'm hunting I usually send him home.
The dog can equalize 2v1's and even 3v1's real well, the only problem remaining being 4+v1's, where you literally have to either run, chuck a pot before combat kicks in, or simply outparry and outcombo everyone. I don't mind the dog, both as a mechanic and as a companion, I even like the fact that he runs into you, and - much like a real dog - lets you know he's always there, albeit being slightly annoying; but when I am trying to sneak up on someone, and I am tense, and I need to move fast, I really don't need any distractions. And at that point it is straight up poor programming, or lack of oversight.

Wunderbar

Arcane
:what:

‘Kingdom Come: Deliverance’ Gets Live-Action Adaptation From Erik Barmack, Warhorse Studios (EXCLUSIVE)

Former Netflix exec Erik Barmack and Prague-based Warhorse Studios are developing a live-action makeover of “Kingdom Come: Deliverance,” a video game set in the Medieval Holy Roman Empire, which has sold over 3 million copies, making it one of the biggest games in its genre.

Set up at Warhorse and Wild Sheep Content, the L.A.-based company that Barmack launched last year after departing Netflix, the adaptation, which may become a movie or series, is produced by Barmack and Warhorse Studios CEO Martin Frývaldský. They have started to reach out to potential writers and directors.

The Czech Republic deal comes hot on the heels of a development pact between Barmack and Sega for video game franchise “Yakuza.” Both deals show Barmack, the former Netflix head of international originals, zeroing in on what he calls “amazing, non-U.S. worlds that are locally relevant, but with a regional and global popularity that streamers are looking for as they become more and more global. It’s especially interesting that video games with heavy narrative, like ‘The Witcher’ and ‘Kingdom Come: Deliverance,’ are uniquely adaptable, and local but global all at once,” he added.

A 2018 action RPG, “Kingdom Come: Deliverance” was developed by Warhorse Studios and published by Deep Silver for Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. Released in 2018, “Kingdom Come: Deliverance,” an open world format, stood out for its deeply immersive potential in a fully constructed world built with meticulous historical accuracy. Players are offered 16 combined clothing slots, a plethora of armor and weapon choice while fighting: Combat becomes a matter of attrition. Clothes get dirty and need washing; if a baker gets killed, a village soon runs out of bread.

At its inception, “Kingdom Come” was rejected by many big publishing houses, Frývaldský recalled. “Everyone wanted some magic in games, and we were offering a game where you start out as a blacksmith’s son, can become some kind of hero, but never get to be king,” he said. “The biggest feedback we got from the gaming community and reviewers is that this is a very believable and also very relatable story where it is easy to identify with a not so heroic hero,” added Tobias Stolz-Zwilling, PR manager at Warhorse Studios.

Drawing a parallel between the video game and TV industry, there’s been an assumption, Barmack noted, that until very recently blockbuster global games could only emanate from the U.S., that smaller budget games don’t pick up global audiences. “‘Kingdom Come’ has debunked that notion. That’s super important,” he added.

https://variety.com/2020/film/globa...nce-erik-barmack-warhorse-studios-1234797631/

Funposter

Arcane
I can see how it would work, but a lot of the charm from video game narratives is lost when they're no longer interactive. The whole series of events from Mysterious Ways->One the Scent->My Friend Timmy->Nest of Vipers, for example, is interesting because of all the little choices you can make and the ways that they affect not only the quests themselves but also future events. This also applies to the simulationist aspects too - if you tell Morcock and friends to go find Timmy in Rattay, they will later actually be in Rattay. The bandits looking for Reeky don't just appear out of thin air - they're at the Ledetchko inn and have a camp nearby which you can follow them to. It's all of these tiny details that make the game and its world interesting, not the fairly boilerplate plot.

Paul_cz

Arcane
Good script is good script even if it's not interactive, but...Warhorse will really have to be involved to make sure it avoids Witcher fate.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Historical flicks need a ton of money to look good and with a small independent studio like that...I worry it'll look like Xena.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom