Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

SlamDunk

Arcane
Making Kingdom Come 2, I suppose.

pickmeister

Learned
I wonder what he has been doing lately.
Shitposting (unintentionally) on Facebook, letting the world know how severely retarded he is.

The other day he had a long-ass post what a piece of shit Rings of Power is so he watched The Lord of the Rings and couldn’t believe what a piece of shit that is as well, how poorly made is the CGI, how cheap the costumes look, the armor looks like made by an average cosplayer, how boring it is because there are just people walking all the time having boring dialogues and so on.
There’s valid criticism of the trilogy but this is plain retarded.
What gets on my nerves in particular is whenever he says what sucks about every other piece of media and how improving only a handful of stuff he just named would make it so much better while the same applies even more to anything he ever worked on.

I remember year or two ago, he was shitting on some game in a Facebook post and a guy asked him in the comment section “Is Kingdom Come fixed yet?” and Vavra didn’t take that well at all.

Then telling people how rich he is after running out of arguments. Posting photos of his Bentley, overpriced alhocol and what not.

With the army full of mindless drones sucking him off no matter how dumb his post is.

While dressing like carrying 20 Kg less
Cg5Dq3t.png

And making soifaces
DFeoxJF.jpg

He claims to still work for Warhorse but never said what it is and with the amount of time he spends on social media I can’t see him doing anything productive.

I don’t think you really wanted to know what he was up to lately.

pickmeister

Learned
For fuck sake he can't even use a print screen. How did he not get excommunicated from here to Reddit where he belongs?

Last edited:

fork

He's right about the LOTR trilogy though. It's utter shit. The question is why a sane person would watch anything made today and expect it to be good, let alone better than something similar that came before.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Shitposting (unintentionally) on Facebook, letting the world know how severely retarded he is.

The other day he had a long-ass post what a piece of shit Rings of Power is so he watched The Lord of the Rings and couldn’t believe what a piece of shit that is as well, how poorly made is the CGI, how cheap the costumes look, the armor looks like made by an average cosplayer, how boring it is because there are just people walking all the time having boring dialogues and so on.
What gets on my nerves in particular is whenever he says what sucks about every other piece of media and how improving only a handful of stuff he just named would make it so much better while the same applies even more to anything he ever worked on.

I remember year or two ago, he was shitting on some game in a Facebook post and a guy asked him in the comment section “Is Kingdom Come fixed yet?” and Vavra didn’t take that well at all.

Then telling people how rich he is after running out of arguments. Posting photos of his Bentley, overpriced alhocol and what not.

With the army full of mindless drones sucking him off no matter how dumb his post is.

Cg5Dq3t.png

And making soifaces
DFeoxJF.jpg

He claims to still work for Warhorse but never said what it is and with the amount of time he spends on social media I can’t see him doing anything productive.

Shitting on the Lotr trilogy? Extra Heresy.
I heard the Amazon series is pretty fucking retarded.
What the hell. I thought he was a based czech.

Hace El Oso

Arcane
Patron

Other than some parts of the fellowship of the ring, they are absolutely terrible though. Ralph Bakshi did ten times the job in the 70’s on no budget:

fork

Cg5Dq3t.png

And making soifaces
DFeoxJF.jpg

Spotted the guy who doesn't read.

fork

It's shit from the start. The Lord of The Rings is not meant to be adapted to film. The actors are all shit and miscast. It's a travesty.

Harthwain

Magister
Other than some parts of the fellowship of the ring, they are absolutely terrible though.
That's an exaggeration. Sure, there are some really atrocious changes, but on the whole I found Lord of the Rings movie(s) to be good enough to be enjoyable. I doubt I will ever say the same about The Rings of Power, at least judging by what my source is telling me.

Spoiler:
It is going to be some woke shit. On steroids.

Last edited:

Wesp5

Arcane
It's shit from the start. The Lord of The Rings is not meant to be adapted to film. The actors are all shit and miscast. It's a travesty.

I wouldn't say the actors were miscast, but some could have used better costumes and masks. Like why is Gimbli's beard so unkept that we can't see his face or why are Aragorn and Boromer basically wearing the same kind of clothes? Otherwise I agree. Even the Ralph Bakshi film got the Frodo at the ford scene right, which Jackson turned into a daylight western horse chase with Frodo being carried by Arwen too! And there were more critical scenes destroyed than in any other book adaption I know...

SlamDunk

Arcane
Peter Jackson's The Lord of the Rings trilogy has its moments, quite many in fact, but it is a failure as a whole. It should have been made into 6 movies, for starters. After seeing them in a theater a long time ago I've since tried to watch the movies a second time through but never succeeded.

EDIT:

I've always assumed that his opinion there on Cyberpunk 2077 stems mainly from his comradery(?) with the Poles. Kind of like a patriotism-fueled opinion, in that sense.

That's enough off-topic for me.

Last edited:

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Wtf are ya'll prattling about here? What abbandoning of moral principles? What money dangling? What diet?

Vavra is eminently based, he'd fit here on the Dex perfectly. His shitposting on FB is making Prague lefties red in the face which is glorious. They've made dozens of report raids on him and got him banned repeatedly but he always comes back stronger.

And he wasn't exactly shitting on LotR, just said a few props were p. bad (Gimli's helmet) which contrasted with the generally great prop quality, which is true. He also pointed out the profound difference in CGI quality between the first and last film, which is surprising given they were all filmed within a few years. Which is also true.

Quillon

Arcane
I watched the trilogy then tried to read the books, gave up halfway through for almost everything was 1 on 1 to the movie it was pointless to continue reading lmao

codex never disappoints tho

:shitandpiss:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom