Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Getting that Virgin achievement is going to be hard.
Even harder bc once or twice the game just drags you into bonga-bonga without you having the first clue it's gonna happen (if you're a first-timer that is).

Hint: if you fail the speech/charisma check with the Uzhic priest during the MQ you'll have to go through an alternative route to pry the info from him, which includes SX.

I don't think the priest cutscene actually stops you getting the virgin achievement. Which is probably a good thing, as it's a crime to skip that quest.
It absolutely does.

I did an entire new run just to get the cheevo coz I literally fucked myself out of it.

Worth tho.

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I've been playing longer and I'm happy to say that I'm actually really enjoying the game now. I spent 5+ hours trying to beat the tournament, got to the last round twice. After failing on my second attempt, I realized I didn't have Perfect Block, Dodge, or Master Strike. As soon as I got those abilities, my hard work paid off and I'm walking through everyone. I visited Skalitz and I killed some ridiculously high level Bandits, and I'm pretty sure I have some of the best gear in the game now. Fully armored, better than anything I saw the Rattay or Sasau armor smiths selling, along with the longsword of some saint I bought as well. Just went through the priest cutscene and it was as glorious as I was hoping.

rusty_shackleford I still need to take a screen of the polygons, but it's not super noticeable. Only happens occasionally for some reason, and the graphics are growing on me. My only real complaints are with character models/horses, as the lip synching is often meh and there is frequent clipping and slight graphical errors with people riding horses or grabbing things. Of course I know this is extremely hard to iron out and happens in even the most graphically intensive games, but still.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
aVY04w8_700b.jpg

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Skalitz is a masterpiece in enviormental design. The only other game i remember that paid this much attention to terrain was Gothic.
Yeah good way to put it. Felt much more like being in a place that actually exists
That's because the game's terrain is modelled after the real thing. IIRC they literally bought some satellite maps and used them to model the terrain.

If you look at the real place in Google Maps it's not a 1:1 copy but the game map is stapled together from big chunks of the real map and you can easily spot what's what.

Also really cool to compare the real Rattay to the ingame one:

Rataje_nad_S%C3%A1zavou_-leteck%C3%BD_pohled.jpg

It's funny because Bohemia looks a lot like Italy. I grew up in a rural town in the Abruzzo area and so many things in this game remind me of that.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Unfortunately combat gets boring when you're that overpowered.
I don't know why they would give us the opportunity to get such strong gear so early in the game. Seems like a major balance oversight.

The game is ridiculously broken that way. One thief start playthrough I found two insanely high end pieces of torso armour just lying in an easy chest in one of the towns.

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Future sequels to this game have potential if the issues can be addressed. Further development on graphics (nothing crazy, just small improvements on what's already there to make a more polished product), improve on the lock on system so fighting multiple enemies isn't completely shit (I know it's meant to be disorienting as fighting even two people is very difficult and could be enough to spell the end for even the best swordsman if the two opponents are competent, but between getting knocked around every which way and the camera going crazy, it's really hard to tell what's going on, and some realism sacrifices must be made for the sake of gameplay), a general improvement on balance in the game, and improved AI. Admittedly I'm only part way through the game but these are the glaring issues I saw, which if improved would really elevate the experience. Of course, I approach almost everything with pessimism, so I doubt these things will get improved upon in any meaningful degree, but it's still fun to theorize.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Maybe i should make good of that idea and play a paladin type if thieving is that broken lmao. I think i'll still break into places just for the fun of it, but i can just leave the loot where it is.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
So Sigimund show up at Talmberg. So far the game has been very cinematic heavy i guess i'm not going to get any freedom from the main plot until i hit Rattay. Writing isn't super profound but it isn't terrible either. Its on par with a fun 90s movie or game for that matter. Its more Hollywood than anything else but at least its free of poz. Its also a welcome sight that they didn't go with the usual try hard grimdark bullshit. There's actually good people in this world, and i already like Sir Robard.
That's right, it only opens up at Rattay. I remember I couldn't resolve the quest to leave Talmberg, just couldn't find the required item at all. In the end I glitched out of Talmberg and ran all the way to Skalitz to continue the game.

I just talked to Lady what's her face and she suggested i just go pfilter some armor and pass myself as a guard. She even gave me some money to bribe people man Henry has a way with women.

I'm starting to feel the HC saving penalties as i want to save and see what i can get out of conversations and i can't do it as i have limited amount of saving potions.

Joggerino

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
So Sigimund show up at Talmberg. So far the game has been very cinematic heavy i guess i'm not going to get any freedom from the main plot until i hit Rattay. Writing isn't super profound but it isn't terrible either. Its on par with a fun 90s movie or game for that matter. Its more Hollywood than anything else but at least its free of poz. Its also a welcome sight that they didn't go with the usual try hard grimdark bullshit. There's actually good people in this world, and i already like Sir Robard.
That's right, it only opens up at Rattay. I remember I couldn't resolve the quest to leave Talmberg, just couldn't find the required item at all. In the end I glitched out of Talmberg and ran all the way to Skalitz to continue the game.

I just talked to Lady what's her face and she suggested i just go pfilter some armor and pass myself as a guard. She even gave me some money to bribe people man Henry has a way with women.

I'm starting to feel the HC saving penalties as i want to save and see what i can get out of conversations and i can't do it as i have limited amount of saving potions.
That's the quest I couldn't complete...

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
It's an easy one. You just wrap around the battlements, go down a ladder, close the door, and lockpick a very easy chest. You wear the armor, go to the stables and mount the horse you rode into the keep, and then you can either bribe the guard or pass a speech check to get out of the keep. Some reloading might be required if you get caught, but otherwise, fairly by the books.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Is there a time limit to this quest it just started raining and now i can't see shit. I wanna pass time to make it sunny again. I hope this isn't one of those games where it rains constantly because the devs had an hard on about their knewl rain effects and wanted to shove them down to the player's throat.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!

Yeah but that's only the problem in the prologue and and the first few hours after that, since then you'll L2R and start brewing your own potions.

Plus you can always save in your own bed. There are only like 3 free ones in the game (one of them right in Talmberg) but you can always pay some small change and save in a pub. Despite all the hubub on release saving is really not a problem in this game, not even on HC.

Is there a time limit to this quest it just started raining and now i can't see shit. I wanna pass time to make it sunny again. I hope this isn't one of those games where it rains constantly because the devs had an hard on about their knewl rain effects and wanted to shove them down to the player's throat.
If you're talking about that part when you escape Talmberg and go to Skalitz to bury your parents that rain is fixed IIRC. For the moodz I guess.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam

That's the quest I couldn't complete...

I just completed it, and i think i know what you did wrong.

If you loot the armor in the chest, and talk to the lady, she'll tell you that you don't look like a guard at all. So what i figured is that i also have to wear weapons to complete the disguise, so i stole a mace, a shield and i also put on the bow for good measure (not sure if it was needed or not, but hey, the guards have one). When i talked to her after that, she didn't recognize me, so i went to the guard but still had to bribe him to get out.

Not an hard quest at all.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Any controversies? If it doesn't enrage trannies and SJWs then it's not worth playing.

So far this is the most poz free game i've seen in a long while. Like, in the first Witcher (not sure why but KCD is making me think of that) you had shit like modern racial politics, and of course all the humans were corrupt and racist (because in fantasy games, humans = white people) and the elves were dindu nuffins etc. In the first town in Witcher 1, you also get that pedophile priest (of course!) who wants to burn a whitch who also dindu nuffin. The game acts like all the options are bad and you get the chance to remain neutral one way or another but you know the devs have their own biases and you know the humans are the bad guys (i remember only ONE human NPC who wasn't a piece of shit) and the elves are justified in burning hospidals and their other shenanigans. Its also so fake how Geralt keeps pretending he is no longer "human" just because of the changes he was subjected to when he became a Witcher when in reality the only reason that shit is in there is so that self-hating whites playing the game won't have to identify with the "human" faction.

As far as i can see, NONE of that shit is in here. There's no overarching wokeness hanging over your head shoving bias into everything. Everything tries to be as accurate for the time period as it gets according to how the devs understand the historical data. If the nobles were corrupt in real life, they are corrupt in the game. If they were good, they are good in the game. Everybody talks about God all the time. The only politics center around the power struggles of the wealthy but there's no moral judgement against the nobility as such. Wimmin are more than content to accept their "lot" but they aren't shown to be terribly miserable for it etc etc.

Gerrard

Arcane
So far this is the most poz free game i've seen in a long while. Like, in the first Witcher (not sure why but KCD is making me think of that) you had shit like modern racial politics, and of course all the humans were corrupt and racist (because in fantasy games, humans = white people) and the elves were dindu nuffins etc. In the first town in Witcher 1, you also get that pedophile priest (of course!) who wants to burn a whitch who also dindu nuffin. The game acts like all the options are bad and you get the chance to remain neutral one way or another but you know the devs have their own biases and you know the humans are the bad guys (i remember only ONE human NPC who wasn't a piece of shit) and the elves are justified in burning hospidals and their other shenanigans. Its also so fake how Geralt keeps pretending he is no longer "human" just because of the changes he was subjected to when he became a Witcher when in reality the only reason that shit is in there is so that self-hating whites playing the game won't have to identify with the "human" faction.

As far as i can see, NONE of that shit is in here. There's no overarching wokeness hanging over your head shoving bias into everything. Everything tries to be as accurate for the time period as it gets according to how the devs understand the historical data. If the nobles were corrupt in real life, they are corrupt in the game. If they were good, they are good in the game. Everybody talks about God all the time. The only politics center around the power struggles of the wealthy but there's no moral judgement against the nobility as such. Wimmin are more than content to accept their "lot" but they aren't shown to be terribly miserable for it etc etc.
Wow, it's almost like you haven't understood or paid attention to anything in The Witcher.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
BTW, finally managed to get to Rattay. I hope i can play on my own pace from now on. I forgot to pick up the sword from that guy in Skalitz, Shard it was called, but i don't feel like redoing the whole Homecoming quest just to get it. I also didn't explore the ruins to my liking. Just didn't expect the quest to end without warning. Ho well.

Bigg Boss

Arcane
Skalitz is a masterpiece in enviormental design. The only other game i remember that paid this much attention to terrain was Gothic.
Yeah good way to put it. Felt much more like being in a place that actually exists
That's because the game's terrain is modelled after the real thing. IIRC they literally bought some satellite maps and used them to model the terrain.

If you look at the real place in Google Maps it's not a 1:1 copy but the game map is stapled together from big chunks of the real map and you can easily spot what's what.

Also really cool to compare the real Rattay to the ingame one:

Rataje_nad_S%C3%A1zavou_-leteck%C3%BD_pohled.jpg
Wow. I need to buy this now instead of bumming my cousin to play on his account. I knew they did great work but that is impressive.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom