Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

whocares

Savant
I will not eat the bugs. I will not live in a pod. I will not use 2FA.

Last edited:

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
BTW, finally managed to get to Rattay. I hope i can play on my own pace from now on. I forgot to pick up the sword from that guy in Skalitz, Shard it was called, but i don't feel like redoing the whole Homecoming quest just to get it. I also didn't explore the ruins to my liking. Just didn't expect the quest to end without warning. Ho well.
There's still some on rails stuff in your future. When they hire you to be the horse detective (you'll know when that happens), that's where the game opens up.

Technically the game is already opened up, it's just you don't have your own horse yet. So you either gotta cruise the countryside on foot, like the dirty peasant you are, or rely on stealing horses here and there (without being able to whistle them to your side).

It's doable but quite limiting in practice, especially on HC where you can't fasttravel.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
The game pretends none of the sides are good but we all know who the devs favored.
Yeah, the Order Path (human side)
They have better quests, better interactions and are portrayed more favouraly in comparasion to the Scoia'tael
Even in regards to their leaders (which serve as the "best face" of these factions), it is Siegfried (the human) who is characterized as genuinely noble. While Yaevinn (the elf), though not as bloodthirsty as his subordinates, is still primarily characterized by his pride and prejudice.

You need to lay off the kool-aid nigga
It's bad for your brain

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I think it's actually kind of funny that until you hit Sasau, you're basically still in the tutorial. Only when you can make potions, the game is truly done with you, and you can do whatever the fuck you want.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
BTW, i forgot to mention i have a wierd bug. When Theresa came to my father, i went to get the nails from the chest but when i returned to her she was covered in soot on her face and clothes for some reason.

Didn't think much about it, but after waking up in Rattay, she is still got that black shit all over her lmao. I know this is the middle ages but sheesh, i was in bed for two weeks surely she could have washed herself this whole time. I hope i don't have to romance her with her face looking like shit lmao.

pickmeister

Learned
If you wanna ruin your game, return to Skalitz, pull one thug, tickle him for 10+ minutes to death and get endgame armor.
That’s what happened to me on my first and only playthrough and any challenge from the game immediately vanished.

I was thinking of throwing out the armor to make the game at least a little challenging but hey, it was a fair fight, so it’s not as if I was cheating.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
So after Homecoming my rep with Skalitz has now dropped to 66 out of nowhere. This is the second time it has dropped without an explanation. Wonder if its a bug or maybe whether stealing shit actually did something even though i never got caught.

I took up on the Miller's offer but i have resolved not to steal anything as just by picking Skalitz clean it feels i got too much of an headstart and if there's all this overpowered shit laying around i don't want to ruin the challenge for me. I'll do the thieving quests just so i can experience them but i wanna see if its possible to do them in alternative ways that don't involve actually killing or robbing anyone. Guy wants me to rob a corpse i'll see if there a way to get past the executioner without doing anything truly immoral.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Ho no, i have doggo now. Miller is right, another stupid mouth to feed, and i can barely keep up with my own.

The_Mask

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
You don't really have to feed the dog, but if you do once a day, you get a lot of exp for your Houndmaster skill. For very little price.

Besides... after you get Sic! you'll start loving the little mutt. <3

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
The rep system in this game is sometimes weird like that. Halfway through my first run I was suddenly wanted for murder in Skalitz.

For murder.

In Skalitz.

Yeah.

kangaxx

Arbiter
So after Homecoming my rep with Skalitz has now dropped to 66 out of nowhere. This is the second time it has dropped without an explanation. Wonder if its a bug or maybe whether stealing shit actually did something even though i never got caught.

I took up on the Miller's offer but i have resolved not to steal anything as just by picking Skalitz clean it feels i got too much of an headstart and if there's all this overpowered shit laying around i don't want to ruin the challenge for me. I'll do the thieving quests just so i can experience them but i wanna see if its possible to do them in alternative ways that don't involve actually killing or robbing anyone. Guy wants me to rob a corpse i'll see if there a way to get past the executioner without doing anything truly immoral.
I had the same kind of thing happen to me, and the guards started being very aggressive for no reason I could fathom. As far as I know I hadn't even stolen anything. I stopped playing when I accidentally sicked my dog on a guard (the button is the same as something else from memory), and I couldn't be bothered to reload at the time. I should really go back to this game. It was fun.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
That's interesting so i was just able to go to the executioner and buy the ring from him. No need to steal it or anything. I think i'll just play honest Henry from now on as an extra challenge.

Annoyingly, i can't learn how to read yet the quest giver is way the fuck across half the map to the north. Guess i'm going to stay illiterate until i find a horse or something.

That dog was so fucking annoying I just left him to hang out with Theresa. Stupid mutt would constantly block things I wanted to interact with, like chests.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
That's interesting so i was just able to go to the executioner and buy the ring from him. No need to steal it or anything. I think i'll just play honest Henry from now on as an extra challenge.
On Hardcore thieving is a welcome help which you'll see as soon as you have to sell your kidney to pay for armor repairs. Those are bonkers on HC.

But I think just whacking bandits and chinks and taking their stuff should secure you a comfortable life. You won't be idiotically OP if you don't rob vendors but you'll be just fine.

Annoyingly, i can't learn how to read yet the quest giver is way the fuck across half the map to the north. Guess i'm going to stay illiterate until i find a horse or something.
Any open-world RPG rule of thumb - progress the MQ until you get a horse/vehicle.

Last edited:

Red Hexapus

Savant

I hate it that if you convince him to sell it, but don't have enough money, it's impossible to ask him again to sell :/

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Are two handed weapons better than a sword and shield? Also,how soon in the game can you increase combat skills?
I have this game(and expansions) on Gog and will probably play it at some point,because it is just awesome.

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Are two handed weapons better than a sword and shield? Also,how soon in the game can you increase combat skills?
I have this game(and expansions) on Gog and will probably play it at some point,because it is just awesome.
Mace and shield are supposedly the strongest, followed by axe and shield I think. Longswords are most fun imo.

The_Mask

Patron
Mace and shield are supposedly the strongest, followed by axe and shield I think. Longswords are most fun imo.
Axe is very good early game, because of the high defensive stats... and the fact that most enemies early have very little armour. And even the little bits that they do is poorly maintained.

Swords are very good midgame, because of their reach, and the master move that counters high into the slit of the helmet.

And maces be glorious lategame, because when you put a pot on top of someone's head, and you bang it, their brans go mush. :lol:

Maces are just better than anything else. If you don't want to become OP too fast you might want to avoid those. They destroy armored dudes and the ones that don't have armor, well they don't have armor so they go down fast anyway.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
It makes sense,since historically blunt weapons were used against heavy armor.
I like the concern for historical realism and accuracy this game has. It also looks really beautiful. The countryside and forests especially.

Harthwain

Magister
I had the same kind of thing happen to me, and the guards started being very aggressive for no reason I could fathom. As far as I know I hadn't even stolen anything. I stopped playing when I accidentally sicked my dog on a guard (the button is the same as something else from memory), and I couldn't be bothered to reload at the time. I should really go back to this game. It was fun.
This could be a bug. That said, I heard part of the reason for the guards being rude and searching you a lot is triggered by you having poor reputation (and/or looks).

By the way if anyone is annoyed by pop in of small ground details the way to improve it is to open "engine.pak" in "Engine" folder, when inside go to "Config/CVarGroups/sys_spec_Texture.cfg" and increase the value of "e_TerrainDetailMaterialsViewDistZ". By default it should be 100 on highest setting, I use 500. I have a bunch of other commands to improve draw distances beyond in game options in "user.cfg", but this line won't work if applied from there.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom