Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
Lickdem Cum: Deliverus 2

Shoutout to the horny Bohemian nun in Pentiment.

vjRRZz4.jpg

are we sure sawyer was male at birth? strong grandma energy :|

Renfri

Cipher
I played main game quite far when it originally came out, but for some reason I quit and it turned out I stopped playing when there was just 1 hour left :|.
While replaying main game from start, I bought 2 DLCs from Xmas sale: The Amorous Adventures of Bold Sir Hans Capon and A Woman's Lot. I cannot imagine how it must have felt to be scammed after buying Hans DLC full price, amount of content was ridiculous. At least it was funny and entertaining. A Woman's Lot was better than I expected, it was interesting to see assault and next day from different perspective, but I felt there was alot of running around without access to horse. Main game was pretty good though, perhaps little bit janky but endearing.

Rating them while ignoring price:
Hans :4/5:
Woman :2/5:
Main game :4/5:

Paul_cz

Arcane
Woman's Lot was better than I expected, it was interesting to see assault and next day from different perspective
That is only half of Woman's Lot. Second half is a questline you play as Henry, helping Bianca (and it is one of the best questlines in the game).

Renfri

Cipher
Woman's Lot was better than I expected, it was interesting to see assault and next day from different perspective
That is only half of Woman's Lot. Second half is a questline you play as Henry, helping Bianca (and it is one of the best questlines in the game).
Helping Johanka you mean (rip Bianca :(), I found that out after posting my review. Unfortunately it was hidden and I had to do side quest before it appeared. It was certainly alot better than Theresa part or Hans DLC. The quest referenced alot what you had done in game overall, which felt really cool too.

SlamDunk

Arcane
Interesting piece of speculation: https://www.reddit.com/r/kingdomcom...ning_with_kingdom_come_deliverance_2/ki6lsiw/
Does that mean [...] WarHorse [...] could be in trouble?
To make it short: no.

It's true Embracer has hit a rough patch recently, with their Saudi deal going wrong and all. They were buying studios for their IPs, to inflate their price and cash in on sweet Saudi Dollar based on their huge portfolio. The deal didn't work out, and now they need to make money, something they didn't really plan on doing.

The studios they bought? Those weren't exactly bad studios, and the IPs are ranging from decent to premium. It's just that not every studio was or is far into development of their projects, and Embracer needs to make money now.

That's why they're shrinking and axing everything that doesn't produce results. Volition is a sad victim here, unfortunately, because they were forced to make a game they knew the fans didn't want. It flopped, as expected, Volition got the axe regardless. Other studios are downsized or candidates to be sold off to make quick money or reduce costs.

But Warhorse's is still hiring, and KCD2 is probably one of the biggest expected hits for Embracer. Seems like Embracer lets them do their thing. So no, no trouble, not at all. If anything, Embracer would rather cannibalize other devs to keep the lights on at Warhorse Studios, that's how much hope rides on it.

Just that KCD2 cannot fail, not even slightly. That's all. Even a moderate success would be disappointing. KCD2 has to be a mega hit of the likes rarely seen before. Because otherwise everyone and everything gets the axe here, as Embracer will be in huge trouble.

The next milestones for Embracer are next month and in May, when they have to start pre-payments on their big loans, $1.62 billion to be exact. And no, that's not a typo. We're talking about 1.627 thousand millions, that's how immense the loans are. The pre-payments starting between February and May are in total $250 million.

You see just how big the pressure is? It's estimated that KCD1 made a gross revenue of $150 million between 2018 and 2023, and it looks like Embracer does everything in its power to make sure that KCD2 will be a hit to knock out any competition and top KCD1's numbers.

For now, they're not in trouble. And they won't be until release day. After that? Then they have to deliver numbers. That in turn will have a direct effect on their DLC policy, the size of their studio etc.

But from now until release, they're the spoiled child of Embracer and can do whatever they want. They have all resources and full creative freedom. Just that they have to deliver, at all costs.

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I played main game quite far when it originally came out, but for some reason I quit and it turned out I stopped playing when there was just 1 hour left :|.
While replaying main game from start, I bought 2 DLCs from Xmas sale: The Amorous Adventures of Bold Sir Hans Capon and A Woman's Lot. I cannot imagine how it must have felt to be scammed after buying Hans DLC full price, amount of content was ridiculous. At least it was funny and entertaining. A Woman's Lot was better than I expected, it was interesting to see assault and next day from different perspective, but I felt there was alot of running around without access to horse. Main game was pretty good though, perhaps little bit janky but endearing.

Rating them while ignoring price:
Hans :4/5:
Woman :2/5:
Main game :4/5:
Did you play the second part of Women's Lot dlc, the Madonna of Sasau questline in the main campaign?

IMO it's the best questline in the whole game and one of the greatest in history of rpgs as a whole, taking full advantage of your skills, actions, earlier deeds and relations with NPCs, with tons of reactivity and several possible endings, including the one that ends the game for you.

After Madonna of Sasau I doubt you'd grade Woman's Lot 2/5.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom