Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Kingdom Come: Deliverance II - Henry's coming to see us on February 11th

DKunit

Literate
Hopefully that's just placeholder. I guess we'll find out next week. Seems unwise to release a week before Avowed, if you ask me.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Excellent news! Now, Kingdom Come II can win Codex GotY 2025, preceded by Dragon's Dogma II winning Codex GotY 2024, meaning 3 Open World action games will have won GotY in a span of 4 years. +M

ciwD33j.png

Hag

Arbiter
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
I'm just posting to follow this thread, and also add I'm kind of hyped for this one. Actually this may be the only "big" game I'm still hyped for.

I still haven't finished the first one but it was a pleasant if weird surprise. People keeps saying that it's hardcore and a couple friends were kind of scared by its reputation, but I think it's more janky than really difficult and when you move past the introduction and add some mods to remove the artificial difficulty bullshit then it's quite the experience.

jaekl

CHUD LIFE
Patron
The thread title says 2024. I vote that we burn whoever made this thread title and lied to us at the stake. I'll bring the potato salad.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Good. Aiming for the overcrowded October/November 2024 could hurt sales. February, when barely anything is going on, worked for them the last time. We'll wait.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
more time to polish the game for a bug free experience
It's not gonna be bug free. Probably not as busted as KCD1 on release but tons of people will be posting about crashes, glitches, black screens and what not. Because it's a huge open world complex RPG, those can't be released bug-free nowadays, unless it's something like BG3 that was in early access for years (and the part that wasn't was full of bugs on release).

DKunit

Literate
Damn. KCD2 was the only game I was really excited for in the second half of this year. Looks like Selaco is locked in for my GOTY unless Stalker 2 blows me away.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Thusly, spaketh Daniel.
So in the end, KCD2 will come out on practically the same date as KCD1. A little later than the end of the year we intended, but of course there are good reasons for it. Now I play the game 12 hours a day, I don't leave the house, I haven't gone on vacation and it must be said that I play it in such marathons also because I really enjoy it and I can't tear myself away from it (finally). On the other hand, of course, I find a MILLION things that still need to be tweaked, improved, fixed. And it's really a hell of a job to record it all, analyze it, figure out what to do with it and pass it on to the rest of the team..

Zariusz

Arbiter
Tbh i would suffer with those bugs on earlier release, KCD is just too good for me to care about that (unless its completly broken, but i doubt Warhorse would be incompetent enough to have game in that state, even before polishing step). On the other hand im not sure if my rig would be enough for this, while DD2 was playable for me (even with shit optimalisation) i think this year my brick finally passed that line of retirement.

Mortmal

Arcane
There was (and still is) a press event in Kutná Hora for KCD2. Part of it is a tour around the old town and live concert with OST from the game. Here is an example..

Not sure when the embargo will lift, but the people attending had 4 hours of hands on playtime.

Few new screenshots :)

kcd-event-vortex4-1-2048x1152.jpg

kcd-event-vortex9-1-2048x1152.jpg

kcd-event-vortex7-1-2048x1152.jpg

kcd-event-vortex6-2048x1152.jpg

I don't know much about Kingdom Come 2, aside from playing the first game. However, just hearing the soundtrack gives me the impression that it's made by people of quality and culture. I'll definitely consider purchasing day one.

ShiningSoldier

Educated
I tried so hard to like the first game, but couldn't. Why so many huge, boring and empty forests? Why the battle system sucks so much with these master strikes? Why houses are so empty and similar to each other?
First game played like a fucking Oblivion, but with less details.

thesecret1

Arcane

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom