Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Kingdom Come: Deliverance II - Henry's coming to see us on February 11th

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
There are 10+ million Czechs and every single one of them would completely understand why an internationally-sold game can't afford to have all names properly Czech.
What would be a "proper" Czech version of the name Henry?
Jindřich (Yindrzikh).

Now watching Kwan and Anglostan streamers play this version would certainly by fun but not sure we would ever see a third game in that alternative world.

P.S.: Btw "Jindřich = Henry" wasn't invented by Warhorse, it's a traditional localization over here. For example king Henry VIII. is Jindřich VIII. in history books etc.

Paul_cz

Arcane
GVWmBiHXkAAVNxB

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
The actually important part is the new HUD. A bit too... boxy? I think I prefer the KCD1 one.

Let's wait for the character screen tho. Two more days.

DKunit

Literate
Compass looks mostly the same. Health bar looks more compact. I do appreciate what I assume is a "currently equipped weapon" icon.

DKunit

Literate
The colors of the Health/Stamina/Horse stamina bars are basically the same from what I remember. The bars are just bulkier.
Not to mention, we are in the very wealthy city of Kuttenburg. I'd say bright colors are more appropriate here than in the first game.

notpl

Arbiter
Guise, is it over? Has Kingdomu Comu 2 now been branded as woke due to a single stronk wamman being depicted in an artwork?
Good, maybe people will start to take the ourguy blinders off when it comes to KCD. Ffs, peole have been sucking this game off for historical accuracy when the main character looks agressively britbong and has a name like Henry when everyone else has proper Czech names.
Skill issue - his name was Heinrich when I played on release. A better time, before the slavic upstarts got the ridiculous idea that they were Bohemian.

Turrul

Augur
The actually important part is the new HUD. A bit too... boxy? I think I prefer the KCD1 one.

Let's wait for the character screen tho. Two more days.
Definitely too colourful for this setting.
Not that I like the design that much but medieval people LOVED colors and used them as much as possible. Completely historically accurate to have a colorful UI.

Just take a look at this, an average medieval lord had room that looks like my toddler nephew's room :lol:

Last edited:

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I hope you can disable the top compass. Don't like how that makes the view feels boxed in.

DKunit

Literate
Just noticed: There's 3 "sections" between the green and yellow bars. Wonder what that could be.

Also, I don't know if this was the case in the original, but it looks like we'll be able to have more pinned quests than before if we can go all the way to at least G.

KeAShizuku

Educated
I always forget how Germany is the big boogeyman for Eastern Europeans.
It's not really an inferiority complex because lets face it Czechs ARE inferior to Germans.

Paul_cz

Arcane
It's not really an inferiority complex because lets face it Czechs ARE inferior to Germans.
We are not the ones commiting civilizational suicide by importing millions of incompatible inbreds while destroying our nuclear plants.

...and we make better games

DKunit

Literate
Not that I have much stake in this argument as an Amerifat, but KCD is made in a German engine (CryEngine).

Cohesion

Augur
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Btw it seems in the din and clamor of anti-wokism some people have forgotten that before girlbosses and stronk wahmen there had always been actual strong women.
Nekrasov's woman is a linguistic stereotype characterizing the ideal-heroic Russian woman, who “will stop a horse at a gallop, enter a burning hut”.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom