Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Kingdom Come: Deliverance II - Henry's coming to see us on February 11th

Funposter

Arcane
Isn't his name Jindřich in Czecz dub?
And Индржих in Russian.
So, he's only called Henry in English version, because English-speaking people are not able to understand Slavic names.
He's called 'Henry' because 'Jindřich' is a native Czech form of the German 'Heinrich' developed during the middle ages while the Czechs were ruled by Germans. Henry, Henri, Heinrich, etc. originally come from the Proto-Germanic 'Haimarīks', which means "home-ruler". This is why Henry and its various forms have traditionally been royal names.

PERHAPS IT IS MEANINGFUL BECAUSE HENRY HAS NOBLE BLOOD?????

???????????????????????????

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter
Isn't his name Jindřich in Czecz dub?
And Индржих in Russian.
So, he's only called Henry in English version, because English-speaking people are not able to understand Slavic names.
He's called 'Henry' because 'Jindřich' is a native Czech form of the German 'Heinrich' developed during the middle ages while the Czechs were ruled by Germans. Henry, Henri, Heinrich, etc. originally come from the Proto-Germanic 'Haimarīks', which means "home-ruler". This is why Henry and its various forms have traditionally been royal names.

PERHAPS IT IS MEANINGFUL BECAUSE HENRY HAS NOBLE BLOOD?????

???????????????????????????
Didn't know kangaroos knew so much about history.

Harthwain

Magister
Jindřich always sounded for me more like Jędrek or Jędrzej rather than Henryk.
Could be the same reason why Russians have "Gitler" instead of "Hitler". Jindrich easily can be Hindrich and that's very close to Hinrich, which is a version of Heinrich.

DKunit

Literate
Looks like Henry has straight-up Kill combos now. Shankin' people left and right. Also, damn the step-up in visual quality for cutscenes is nuts.

Elttharion

Learned
donladboner.jpg

Mortmal

Arcane

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I never get a CE, always seems like the game plus a bunch of stupid baubles good only for collecting dust.

But gimme the Gold Edition nao.

Larianshill

Arbiter
>Cover
Are they seriously introducing a whole new female character, who's gonna play Theresa's exact role, except she's not Theresa? I'm mad. I want my miller wife.

Last edited:

DKunit

Literate
Hot damn, I'm on a lucky streak of games I'm excited for not being $70. KCD2, Fatal Fury, Stalker 2, Space Marine 2.

notpl

Arbiter
>Cover
Are they seriously introducing a whole new female character, who's gonna play Theresa's exact role, except she's not Theresa? I'm mad. I want my miller wife.
Never forget that Warhorse is a Czech studio. Whatever political colors they may decorate themselves in, their goal is ultimately to spread atheism and degeneracy - playing a devout, monogomous Christian hero is anathema to them. I imagine if they tried to write Henry as being pious in any way - filial, romantic, religious, whatever - their keyboards would literally start scalding their fingers.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom