Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Knights of the Chalice 2 Thread - Augury of Chaos

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I took the cash and don't regret it, I needed that money for levels, scrolls, and potions, especially after the lizardman fight.

Pink Eye

Monk
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
To save you time from killing the genie several times and check what exactly he offers:

Option 1 - 80000g
Option 2 - great sword +1 enchant, +1 AC, on crits drain 1d6 hp
Option 3 - rapier +2 enchant, +1 to attack roll, keen ( double crit chance ), +2 dexterity, +2 charisma, +1d6 acid damage
Option 4 - dagger +1 enchant, +1 to damage roll, humanoid bane (+2 to hit, +2d6 vs humanoid ), destruction +3d6 damage
Option 5 - Full plate, +1 enchant, adamantine/5 damage reduction, immunity to crits
Option 6 - Chainmail, +2 enchant, +5 hit points, immunity to flat foot, enemy that hit you take 1d4 electric damage
Option 7 - Heavy shield, +2 enchant, fire,cold and electric 10 damage reduction, +2 to reflex saves
Option 8 - longbow, +1 enchant, blind on hit (18 will DC), bleed ( 1 damage per round ), removes distance penalty, +2 dexterity
Option 9 - robes, 10 damage reduction, +20 hit points, +4 to concertation checks, +2 to intelligence, +2 to wisdom

The items are worth 72350 gold, they sell for ~30900g
Here's what the armor piece looks like if you're interested. I have my samurai rocking it, and it's pretty good.
urGCzZv.png

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
The witch coven seems too good to be true? 2 level 9 scrolls of my choosing??

Mortmal

Arcane
Not that it matter much , if you dont have top iniative they just nuke you and you cant even cast those level 9 spells.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Mortmal did that fight you can't do, didn't he? Don't give up. What fight is it? Most of us are currently at the coven and the golem + 6 cubes + slimes + ???...

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
Mortmal did that fight you can't do, didn't he? Don't give up. What fight is it? Most of us are currently at the coven and the golem + 6 cubes + slimes + ???...

It's the upper sewers fight with the 31+ people and the demon they summon.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Any scrolls you can get from the witches to help swing it? I figure if you can get Iniative you can open with a big summon or disable.

What about Dismissal? Load an old save and have a mage learn Dismissal?

I thought this was an RPG but it feels almost like a puzzle game.

Mortmal

Arcane

It's the upper sewers fight with the 31+ people and the demon they summon.
Completely impossible , that leave a sour taste, the module is unplayable it's like a very bad joke.

Mortmal

Arcane
Any scrolls you can get from the witches to help swing it? I figure if you can get Iniative you can open with a big summon or disable.

Nothing can work . those 41+ enemies have blinding, sleeping arrows, half of them aoe spells fireballs, sandpits webs, dispels , yes those level 8 scrolls summons they get dispelled too .And then if youa re lucky they summon that demon invulnerable to anything.

PrK

Savant
Patron
ez :smug:

Now let's see if I can finally find some raise dead scrolls or half my party will be 5 levels behind..

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron

Dispel magic works like dismissal

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
I've tried earthquakes, wilting, anitmagic cloud, meteors, it doesn't matter. You have to win the initiative and nobody on their side can be allowed to successfully cast anything and since those one set of casters up on a different level they aren't affected by the same spells and then the demon gets added on top of that. Every single roll would have to be absolutely perfect and you'd still have to deal with the people on the upper level.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The gelatinous cubes
They
They can destroy your equipped items when they hit you

They can destroy your magic items you invested half your gold in

+3 sword of badassery, just gone

gone

hahaha

ahahahahaha

HAHAHAHAHAH

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

PrK

Savant
Patron
Restart this , you cannot afford a single death.

I'll be honest, I didn't expect to get this far, two of my chars have been dead since lvl 3, they just carry loot. The party is quite unoptimised, I've been mostly testing what works and what doesn't (most things don't, as the saved game selekted that's etched in my brain can attest to) and since it's extra buggy I'm putting off a tryhard playthrough for after the first fixes. From what I'm reading I'll hit a brick wall soon enough though so we'll see..

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The problem with this game is that its encounter difficulty is beyond fucked and it's more frustrating than fun most of the time, but the underlying systems are just so damn good I keep coming back to it. This has finally dethroned ToEE in D&D combat simulation, it has so much cool stuff in it it boggles the mind, but the difficulty level is so utterly cruel it makes you beat your head against the wall.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Well, I don't feel totally worthless. I got past the beginning and beat the fight in the following room. I had my half-giant fighter bust open the door, which gave me a surprise attack. With the help of summons and a 36 damage crit, I managed to win. Shit, I don't think I have the fortitude to survive this game. Might play a few more fights and then wait for updates.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom