Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Knights of the Chalice 2 Thread - Augury of Chaos

Lios

Cipher
Yeah I restarted with a dwarf fighter instead of the monk, and a psionics chick instead of the bard. Wiped through the first village like butter so far, now I'll follow that deranged sword into the hag lair and then it's goblin attack + sewers time.

*I took a rogue again, a halfling one this time, for a two hander finesse sneak attack build. We'll see how it plays but I cannot not take a rogue in my party in an RPG.
(Also, party building is a mini-game in itself).

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
beat the module was okay. Monk had a bug toward end game where his damage dice broke dealing only his strength modifier in damage was not fun. High level combat is dumb. Skewer rapes prismatic spray destroys.
What is new, DnD + high levels = silliness. This is why Pierre's plans to make high level modules suck. F*** high level modules. Well, better something than nothing but it's still a shame.

I mean, he'll make one low, one mid and one high level module. So two out of three will be good.

Serus

Arcane
Patron
Yeah I restarted with a dwarf fighter instead of the monk, and a psionics chick instead of the bard. Wiped through the first village like butter so far, now I'll follow that deranged sword into the hag lair and then it's goblin attack + sewers time.

*I took a rogue again, a halfling one this time, for a two hander finesse sneak attack build. We'll see how it plays but I cannot not take a rogue in my party in an RPG.
(Also, party building is a mini-game in itself).
I always considered bards in rpg as sort of thieves but with pretense to artistic talent. :smug:
Some crpgs even give them thieves abilities, for example Wizardry 7.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
Is there a way to protect from Prismatic?
That Queen fight was brutal, did not enjoy. I won in the end but only by spamming walls to block it and reloading until I got lucky with my own prismatic. Crazy fight.

Fireblade

Erudite
That Queen fight was brutal, did not enjoy. I won in the end but only by spamming walls to block it and reloading until I got lucky with my own prismatic. Crazy fight.
There's a level 8 wizard spell "Mass Protection" that gives everyone +8 to all three saves, could be useful against Prismatic in general, but I don't think you'd have it yet when you're at that fight.
I ended up pre-positioning one of my warriors in the area where the queen was going to spawn, dropped a silence on the area, then once she appeared, grappled her. Never got a cast off.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
There's a level 8 wizard spell "Mass Protection" that gives everyone +8 to all three saves, could be useful against Prismatic in general, but I don't think you'd have it yet when you're at that fight.
I ended up pre-positioning one of my warriors in the area where the queen was going to spawn, dropped a silence on the area, then once she appeared, grappled her. Never got a cast off.
Nice thanks I'll try that!
I tried silence but she used the silent casting feat lol. I managed to 1 shot her with prismatic in one fight but the damn Prince died later in the fight.

Fireblade

Erudite
Nice thanks I'll try that!
I tried silence but she used the silent casting feat lol. I managed to 1 shot her with prismatic in one fight but the damn Prince died later in the fight.
If you just silence her, she either steps out of the silence and starts casting, or uses Metamagic - Silent like you saw. But if you also grapple her, it stops her from moving out of the silence, and also stops her from using Metamagic - Silent, because you would also need to use Metamagic - Still to cast out of a grapple, and you can't use 2 metamagics on a single cast.

Bara

Arcane
Anyone else crashing on the the fight right after the witches coven? Nearly win and bam crash to desktop.

This has happened a few times and I'm wonder if token art asset mode is any more stable. I notice slow downs also when all the threat area markers show up on the map when highlighting so I wonder if its just got something to do with large combats.

So far the only thing marring this game for me is the desktop crashes.

whocares

Savant
I will not eat the bugs. I will not live in a pod. I will not use 2FA.

Last edited:

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Bros, what do we use to free the genie?

The dialogue option to free him is green, so I think that means I have what it needs in my inventory, but I feel like I tried using everything and no dice. Also, what do we get for freeing him anyway?

You need the staff of reversal that you can get from killing the Crones.

He gives you a powerful magic item as a reward and you get some XP.

whocares

Savant

Last edited:

Fireblade

Erudite
Thanks. I even used the staff to free some necromancer nearby, but it never occurred to me to try it there. Side note for those who may stumble onto this in the future - you don't have to kill the crones, you can kill their champion and they just give you the staff. And you get to keep them as a convenient store.
Are you sure? I thought you had to either give them the Tome of the Dead, or kill them. Is it possible you gave them the tome, and got the staff that way? (Side note: there's reasons you might want to keep the tome...) Either way, there's not much reason not to just go back and kill the crones before leaving the sewers entirely.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Re crones:

You should definitely kill them before you leave the sewers, once you head to the endgame keep area there is no going back. You get a ton of XP and various other goodies. Just buy anything you want from them before hand.

whocares

Savant

Last edited:

Replicante

Educated
good item&enchantment combinations to craft that can be gamechanging can anyone suggest?

Anyone else crashing on the the fight right after the witches coven? Nearly win and bam crash to desktop.

This has happened a few times and I'm wonder if token art asset mode is any more stable. I notice slow downs also when all the threat area markers show up on the map when highlighting so I wonder if its just got something to do with large combats.

So far the only thing marring this game for me is the desktop crashes.
Have you by any chance turned on the "Determine targets of spread spells accurately" option? It sure as hell made my performance a nightmare later on, until I turned it off.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom