Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Last Epoch - time travel action-RPG

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Well, at least we don't have to redo the campaign each time we replay a new character, there are supposed to be some alternate levelling up methods. But I don't know if they reward the passive points and idol slots tough...

Edit: Bleh, just checked out and we still need to do quests to get passives and idol slots, whats the point im levelling fast if I had to visit all the map anyway...

They should really take a balance look at the shaman mastery. The tree doesn't have enough synergy and the mastery passives are laughably bad, -5 mana cost for totems and +10 attunement? Druid gets 20% max health and mana. It's silly.

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
I figured it out guys. The story was written by my 8-year-old niece. She's very imaginative, but the structure of her storytelling goes something like this:

a) "...and then this happened"

b) "...and and so then this other person did like this"

c) "...and and and then finally an entirely different guy did this other thing"

Where a, b and c individually might have interesting beats in their own right, but are in every conceivable way unrelated to each other, their only connection being the grammatical structure implied by "...and then...", a sort of implausible and, maybe a downright lying and in the sense that the "and" proposes that the following sentence has a relation to the previous one when in fact, it does not.

So similar to Last Epoch, I refuse to believe anything else than they hired her. This is how we get an intro about Gods having a disagreement and are then immediately on our way as an envoy for "peace talks".
I mean, the world that it takes place in is called "Eterra", and the first line of the introduction starts with "In the beginning, there was darkness." Quality non-generic writing right there. I'm only surprised the first NPC I met wasn't some random bloke called Jake Smith.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
They should really take a balance look at the shaman mastery. The tree doesn't have enough synergy and the mastery passives are laughably bad, -5 mana cost for totems and +10 attunement? Druid gets 20% max health and mana. It's silly.
What's wrong with 10 attunement? That's a lot of damage. -5 mana may look lame on paper but ends up being quite useful in the end. Mana cost of totems will scale pretty high if you want all the best passives in their trees. +50% elemental resistance when you have an active totem also makes it trivial to overcap all your other resistances.

Last edited:
What's wrong with 10 attunement? That's a lot of damage. -5 mana may look lame on paper but ends up being quite useful in the end. Mana cost of totems will scale pretty high if you want all the best passives in their trees. +50% elemental resistance when you have an active totem also makes it trivial to overcap al your other resistances.
It's not a lot of damage compared to 20% max hp and mana. -5 mana is not useful at all. Resists are already trivial with crafting. I'll recheck later but it probably compounds on top of the late stage of the mastery tree just not being good enough.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
What's wrong with 10 attunement? That's a lot of damage. -5 mana may look lame on paper but ends up being quite useful in the end. Mana cost of totems will scale pretty high if you want all the best passives in their trees. +50% elemental resistance when you have an active totem also makes it trivial to overcap al your other resistances.
It's not a lot of damage compared to 20% max hp and mana. -5 mana is not useful at all. Resists are already trivial with crafting. I'll recheck later but it probably compounds on top of the late stage of the mastery tree just not being good enough.
Disagree completely with you. I've played the game almost exclusively with the Primalist and each time the Shaman ends up being one of the tankiest and deadliest characters. The mastery is very good and loaded with busted passives. 20% max hp is OK, but resistances are more valuable. 20% max mana is not that useful. It's OK at the start when you get your werebear form since it transfers your mana into rage which is a ticking timer to stay in your shifted form, but later it becomes trivial to maintain it and the maximum amount matters less. For casters you want -mana and mana regen which are the more powerful stats in LE. Capping resists is trivial, but having to spend even less points on them gives you more flexibility to upgrade other stats; you're missing the forest for the trees here.

Longes

Augur
Has anyone managed to make a Void damage character that isn't the Void Knight? There are some endgame sets implying this possibility (Gaspar's Set and Lament of the Last Refuge), but they seem to be pure gimmicks and not something you can actually build around.

Perkel

Arcane
Seems like they have stable base playing game. I expected bigger drop off. That's good. Wolcen also had like 125k at release but it tapered quickly.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Seems like they have stable base playing game. I expected bigger drop off. That's good. Wolcen also had like 125k at release but it tapered quickly.

End game stuff is fun and kinda captivating. You try one more monolith run before bed and surprise! Its 6 o'clock ...

Edit: I'm playing with a poison lich build and it feels like RF from PoE but with poison. Sometimes whole map melts in seconds and its highly satisfying.

I stalk the night
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin 2
The utter incompetence of the developers... Finally got to try the circle of fortune faction, my experience so far:
- Buy a prophecy, nothing appears in the prophecies menu, but I lose the favor. Run around the faction area for a while confused and magically the favor gets refunded after a while.
- Buy a prophecy for killing 5 rares for affix shards, receive a prophecy to kill Cremorus in Soulfire Bastion for goddamn arena keys.

How on earth do you fuck up these kind of simple purchases so badly.

I'm also getting a bit annoyed that most of the skills for the Falconer just don't display any kind of damage calculations.

edit: yeah, I'm just getting completely random prophecies on purchase :|

Last edited:

Peachcurl

Cipher
The utter incompetence of the developers... Finally got to try the circle of fortune faction, my experience so far:
- Buy a prophecy, nothing appears in the prophecies menu, but I lose the favor. Run around the faction area for a while confused and magically the favor gets refunded after a while.
- Buy a prophecy for killing 5 rares for affix shards, receive a prophecy to kill Cremorus in Soulfire Bastion for goddamn arena keys.

I'm also getting a bit annoyed that most of the skills for the Falconer just don't display any kind of damage calculations.

Is that online? I'm playing offline, and the prophecies seem to work just fine.

Though I also see a short "delay" of about a second or less, when the favor first goes down more than expected, then goes to the correct balance. Can even become negative for a while, so they're doing something really weird there. Maybe whatever weird shit they coded there breaks when online desync comes into the equation. Wouldn't surprise me.

I stalk the night
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin 2

Is that online? I'm playing offline, and the prophecies seem to work just fine.

Though I also see a short "delay" of about a second or less, when the favor first goes down more than expected, then goes to the correct balance. Can even become negative for a while, so they're doing something really weird there. Maybe whatever weird shit they coded there breaks when online desync comes into the equation. Wouldn't surprise me.
Yeah, I'm playing online.

Asked about it in chat and apparently people are hitting the bug more or less randomly. I did manage to get a few prophecies right as well afterwards, so I guess I was just really unlucky the first round.

I stalk the night
Patron
The prophecy counters seem to also be implemented by retards.
- Purchase prophecies to kill 5 exiled mages and to kill 1 exiled mage
- Kill an exiled mage, first prophecy goes to 3 (math!), second one completes
- Kill another exiled mage, the remaining prophecy stays at 3

edit: Killing a third mage completed the prophecy with a requirement for 5 mages :lol:

Actually I think I am the retard here. The kill counter does not seem to update, only the fullfilment one. I'm 95% sure I did purchase a 5x exiled mage one though, so dunno ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane
Got to lvl 71 with my Werebear Druid, dabbling into game's maps system. Kind of similar to early PoE endgame before all the extra trash was added on.

Perkel

Arcane
Whoever designed end of time hub should get raise. Now that i finished campaign and do some maps game improved a lot. And mostly thanks to than tune in that hub.

Serious contender for D2 act1 rivalry.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I've tried all 3 Dungeons, they are boring (and some irritating with some of their special mechanics) and probably pointless except for some marginal loot stuff. One of them lets you somehow combine Uniques with Exalted items in ways that are not really explained so I do not care.

Werebear using pure physical Two-Handed weapons (and going critical hits) so far turned out to be very powerful. I can tank almost anything atm and I think my damage output also seems good, Maul basically one shots anything except rares and bosses. Doing lvl 80 Monoliths with lvl 75ish character.

Bad thing is that all my skills hit lvl 20 already and cannot level up anymore. Gear upgrades drop very slowly and level ups are also getting more rare. Game loop starts to feel pointless already as what I am doing feels all basically same and there is very little progress now. They needed to let your skills level up to 25 or slow down its leveling. I got a full stash of uniques but zero useful ones for my build.. another arpg that throws a huge amount of pointless uninteresting uniques..

I might try some kind of elemental caster next, sorcerer or something instead of quitting. I also still need to try Arena. Circle of Fortune is mostly pointless except its passive bonuses like at lvl 4 (50% increased chance for exalted items dropping).

Peachcurl

Cipher
I've tried all 3 Dungeons, they are boring (and some irritating with some of their special mechanics) and probably pointless except for some marginal loot stuff. One of them lets you somehow combine Uniques with Exalted items in ways that are not really explained so I do not care.
That last one is a pretty major improvement for your late game gear. It adds affixes to your uniques. Similar to the "weavers will" uniques (in case you have seen those yet), only you can influence the added affixes via the exalted item you use.

Otherwise, the Dryad dungeon is boring, yes. But I think the other two at least have a nice twist with their mechanics. Could be improved further, and needs more variation, but it's not terrible.

ArchAngel

Arcane
That last one is a pretty major improvement for your late game gear. It adds affixes to your uniques. Similar to the "weavers will" uniques (in case you have seen those yet), only you can influence the added affixes via the exalted item you use.

Otherwise, the Dryad dungeon is boring, yes. But I think the other two at least have a nice twist with their mechanics. Could be improved further, and needs more variation, but it's not terrible.
Do not need it, I am already owning the game. Dungeons themselves are pure boring decline. Mechanics mean nothing or are just a bother (the era changing dungeon).
Very low effort content. The Delve like dungeon but low effort is also just bad.

Last edited:

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Lightless Arbor is an incredible Gold-Sink that lets you build your own loot-splosions if you spend a few mil on it, while the Eternity Cache allows you to craft insanely powerful items (but its RNG, of course). Soulfire Bastion is kinda boring, but the boss drops build-enabling uniques for quite a few builds, so it still has its place.

Julra (final boss in the sanctum) is also a very good first attempt at making a proper endgame boss, and the fight is definitely pretty cool and challenging.

Personally I like the dungeons a lot, especially due to the mechanics related to them (gold-sink and legendary crafting).

ArchAngel

Arcane
I've started the Mage, I see this is another crap aRPG that has a skill called Fireball when it is just a tiny FireBolt. If you cannot give me a proper big FireBALL do not call it that game!! Last aRPG that had a proper Fireball was Torchlight 2.

I think I will try to roleplay D2 Chain Lightning Sorc instead since there does not seem to exist something fun frost or fire based.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom