Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Let's Battle for Dune! #12 Failure is death (finished)

Which of the Noble Houses of the Landsraad will the Codex Hive mind advise?

• The Noble Atreides

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • The Evil Harkonnen

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • The Insidious Ordos

Votes: 3 30.0%

• Total voters

oscar

Arcane
B. That's a shame. I would have gladly taken the Sardaukar over those non-canon losers.

DwarvenFood

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Voting A here. Also, interesting turn of events.. do u now get the cool "SARDAUKAR APPROACHING" sample, or was that only in Dune 2 ?

Them Sardaukar look like agents from Syndicate :) Still deciding what alliance to keep in the long run, but C&C at work.. would have chosen differently in hindsight, but I am happy that you stuck to the vote and also that you do not reload.

I like the thread, entertains enough while waiting for the DK update ;)

lightbane

Arcane
:rage: NOOO!!! THEY KILLED THE BARON!!! MOTHERFUCKERS!!!!

Although it was to be expected. I vote B, if only to troll Copec.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Damn, Tleilaxu over Sardaukars? Never! Told you to ally with Ix.

And now go with A. A stupid baron needs a power behind the throne to... guide him.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
I warned you, manboons. I warned you. But would you listen to my prophecy? Noo :x

Fortunately we should still have an option to regain the support of the Sardaukar. Possibly even by killing some Tleilaxlu :smug:

As for the vote, it's obvious. That fat troll always derided us and doubted our abilities. Now he threatens us. He's also too stupid to realise what sand from Arrakis is worth. Gunseng would probably win by throwing it at the Guild, not at his brother, but still.

All of that means B, of course.

Hellraiser

Arcane
Stereotypical Villain said:
B for the clone of Sting.

:rpgcodex:

%D0%A4%D0%B5%D0%B9%D0%B4-%D0%A0%D0%B0%D1%83%D1%82%D0%B0_%D0%A5%D0%B0%D1%80%D0%BA%D0%BE%D0%BD%D0%BD%D0%B5%D0%BD_%28%D0%B0%D0%BD%D0%B3%D0%BB._Feyd-Rautha_Harkonnen%29.jpg

:M

Cassidy

Arcane
B. Anyone thinking about tricking Copec because he is fool is obviously mistaken. The "fool" poisoned his own father and the plan didn't backfire, for one, because if he was a fool he would never succeed at that. And Gunseng is slightly less psychotic and might end rewarding loyalty rather than spitting at those who serve him faithfully and grant victory.

Besides, the game obviously doesn't allow the player to try anything anyway.

Hellraiser

Arcane
Update 5: BROS DON'T KILL BROS IN COLD BLOOD BRO!

Music: The Machine

%D0%A4%D0%B5%D0%B9%D0%B4-%D0%A0%D0%B0%D1%83%D1%82%D0%B0_%D0%A5%D0%B0%D1%80%D0%BA%D0%BE%D0%BD%D0%BD%D0%B5%D0%BD_%28%D0%B0%D0%BD%D0%B3%D0%BB._Feyd-Rautha_Harkonnen%29.jpg

The Presitgious Codex Hivemind has decided to aid Gunseng Harkonnen who is definitely not Sting. Which means it is time to go to the Harkonnen homeworld and kill a fatass.

emperor5-0001.jpg

emperor5-0002.jpg

A simple kill Copec would suffice you lazyfucks. :rpgcodex:

Dune_Movie_GiediPrime.jpg

emperor5-0006.jpg

harkonnenmentat.jpg
: As expected Copec is in the Palace.

gunsengharkonnen.jpg
: Hiding behind my Father's corpse no doubt. Just remember to drag him out of there alive.

The Palace is guarded by Veteran units, mostly devastators and some missile tanks. Which means that a fast air strike is out of the question.

emperor5-0008.jpg

Forces loyal to Gunseng land just outside the outer perrimeter surrounding the palace. Which is not as close as one would like.

emperor5-0010.jpg

The MCV is deployed close to the northern gate. This will make it easier to fortify and defend when Copec will try to attack.

emperor5-0013.jpg

Since we are not on Arrakis but on a polluted industrial wasteland prosperous industrial planet there is no spice to mine. Instead we get a set number of funds every few minutes.
Unfortunately this is one of the factors that makes this mission on of the hardest if not the hardest in the game. But more on the two other fucking annoying bullshit enemy advantages slight handicaps later.

emperor5-0018.jpg

gunsengharkonnen.jpg
: It is good to see that my loyal soldiers have arrived.

emperor5-0019.jpg

3 missile troopers and a MCV? What is the point of giving me another MCV this close to my starting location? This is nonsense...

copecharkonen.jpg
: Hello baby brother. I was looking around the palace and found some very old family heirlooms. I was immediately captured by their elegance so I decided to put them to use.

gunsengharkonnen.jpg
: I am sure you love wearing our great-great-great-grandmother's earrings but spare me the tales of your sodomite exploits.

copecharkonen.jpg
: Ah you are amusing as usual my dear brother. I thought you might enjoy these heirlooms as much as I do so I sent one your way. Do not worry I will send more when I can.

Heirlooms? What is this faggot sending us, a set of priceless china? Wait what was it that great houses in the Duniverse considered heirlooms again...

emperor5-0021.jpg

icbm.jpg

MushroomCloud-CastleRomeo.jpg

emperor5-0022.jpg

:rage:

The asshole nuked us! I could have guessed that he has access to Harkonnen atomics and the will to ignore the great convention.

This is one of the reasons why this mission is so hard. Unlike it's counterpart in Dune 2/2000 the Death Hand missile in Emperor is 100% accurate. Oh and the radiation it leaves behind can damage not only units but building
as well. Did I mention that it can even destroy an undamaged construction yard with the combined damage from the explosion and the radiation? Fortunately you can repair it to avoid losing it to radiation.
Unfortunately this means that if you run out of money for repairs which is easy in the mission you can easily lose it. Which is why we got that second MCV in this mission.

Oh and before you ask, yes if you side with Copec you do get the Palace and thus access to death hand missiles. You also get a starport which allows you to order Devastators (which you can't build yet in a factory).

Seriously it seems the developers anticipated that most players will choose Gunseng so they decided to troll them by making Copec's mission a lot easier.

emperor5-0026.jpg

Another frigate with reinforcements is landing nearby. This time behind the outer perimeter.

emperor5-0027.jpg

copecharkonen.jpg
: Oh look brother, it seems my men stumbled upon your reinforcements.

:rage: GREAT TIMING ASSHOLE! :x

Seriously Copec gets reinforcements at the same fucking time the frigate arrives and he gets more of them and with a level or 2 of veterancy to boot. Good luck getting them back to base.

emperor5-0028.jpg

copecharkonen.jpg
: I thought you were getting lonely brother so I sent some new friends with highly explosive ordinance to give you company.

gunsengharkonnen.jpg
: :x

emperor5-0030.jpg

BTW the black pool/river of liquid you see should look a more lot like somebody spilled a fuckton oil into it but this laptop's shitty intel graphics card doesn't display that shit the way it should. :x

emperor5-0031.jpg

emperor5-0032.jpg

gunsengharkonnen.jpg
: I believe I just killed some of your men Copec. I guess you will miss them. But do not worry, you will join than sooner rather than later. :smug:

emperor5-0033.jpg

emperor5-0034.jpg

emperor5-0039.jpg

That advanced carry-all will be used for some backdoor harassment of the tasteful kind.

emperor5-0040.jpg

icbm.jpg

emperor5-0041.jpg

emperor5-0042.jpg

It looks like...

...we dodged a bullet there.

:yeah:

emperor5-0043.jpg

The AI cannot into successful air strikes.

emperor5-0044.jpg

Spreading the inkvine :incline:

emperor5-0046.jpg

emperor5-0049.jpg

I managed to fortify the perimeter but due to some map bugs (or intentional westwood trolling) you can't
build on a certain clear area of land. That and I ran out of cash.

emperor5-0053.jpg

rape_time.jpg

Seriously they could have at least would have told me that a frigate will land there in X minutes and I need to clear the landing zone.
Instead the stupid fuckers just land on top of Copec's horny sodomite cannibal squad. :retarded:

emperor5-0055.jpg

emperor5-0056.jpg

emperor5-0058.jpg

emperor5-0061.jpg

Another nuke, although it's not like Giedi Prime can get any more polluted. Hell radiation will add some variety to the usual smog, oil spills and acid rain.

Continued in next post...

Hellraiser

Arcane
Continued in next post...

emperor5-0064.jpg

The backdoor penetration squad has been reinforced. Hopefully they will punch a hole in Copec's inner perimeter. One which we will tastefully abuse.

emperor5-0067.jpg

Ok these guys didn't land on top of Copec's roaming sodomite squad.

emperor5-0069.jpg

emperor5-0071.jpg

Guess where the roaming sodomites are heading next?

emperor5-0072.jpg

Fortunately Copec's attempt at using a balanced mixed force of vehicles is countered by spamming assault tanks with some missile tanks for support.

emperor5-0074.jpg

emperor5-0075.jpg

So far everything is going according to plan here.

emperor5-0077.jpg

It occurred to me that I can wall of this entrance and the :retarded: AI will attack only from the south. Good job Westwood! The AI cannot into destroying walls just like in fucking Command and Conquer: Tiberian Dawn!

emperor5-0078.jpg

It can into foiling backdoor rape attempts unfortunately.

emperor5-0079.jpg

The flametank gets some air-evac while the incline catapults are left to spread incline in the great Catapult HEAVAN.

icbm.jpg

emperor5-0082.jpg

It's not like I will need that tower when the wall is blocking that chokepoint.

emperor5-0088.jpg

copecharkonen.jpg
: Brother dearest, why do you resist? I promise I will be gentle when I get my hands on you.

emperor5-0090.jpg

emperor5-0092.jpg

icbm.jpg

emperor5-0094.jpg

Fucking missiles! :x

emperor5-0096.jpg

emperor5-0098.jpg

A new backdoor assault force was sent while the fatass was busy raping my southern perimeter with missiles and tanks. This one should be able to use the fact that most of his
forces are away to do some damage to his industrial infrastructure.

emperor5-0099.jpg

That unit you see there is an air defense platform. It's a slow moving platform armed with the same gun as the gun tower, it is the only air unit in the game that can attack ground targets and doesn't need to reload ammo .
It's armor is rather pathetic and it's as slow as a pregnant Yak so it isn't really useful on the offensive unless you get really desperate. Oh and it's not featured on the "new unit" screen because it and 2 other units were
added to the game as some sort of collector's edition last minute bonus that somehow everybody has anyway. All of them are anti-air units which makes them rather underused. The atreides one makes a good scout while the ordos is an AA mine which is fucking useless.

Ah crap more gifts from Copec...

emperor5-0100.jpg

Yes the explosion does form a vaguely skull-like shape.

emperor5-0102.jpg

rape_time.jpg

:smug:

emperor5-0103.jpg

:rage: The rape squad got counter-raped! :x

emperor5-0104.jpg

Fucking fantastic! The AI realized it can in fact get Devastators by ordering them at the starport.
Fortunately a counter is available to us.

emperor5-0105.jpg

copecharkonen.jpg
: I await our reunion brother. It will be most exciting I can assure you.

emperor5-0106.jpg

5038802204_8635815cae_o.jpg

emperor5-0107.jpg

Problem devastator? :troll:

emperor5-0108.jpg

I tried another air drop, it got intercepted fast.

emperor5-0109.jpg

emperor5-0110.jpg

emperor5-0111.jpg

emperor5-0112.jpg

Since 3 airdrops failed, we just defeated another of Copec's major assaults, we don't have a sufficiently large airfoce and we are not getting more reinforcement (and neither is Copec) it is time to strike.

emperor5-0115.jpg

amraam-rocket-missile.jpg

emperor5-0118.jpg

So far so good, the outer perimeter has been breached.

emperor5-0120.jpg

emperor5-0122.jpg

emperor5-0125.jpg

copecharkonen.jpg
: Do not even try to get near the palace. My guards will have to kill you and I do not want that to happen to you yet.

emperor5-0128.jpg

emperor5-0129.jpg

emperor5-0130.jpg

Cheesy as hell but better than losing a construction yard.

emperor5-0132.jpg

emperor5-0133.jpg

The assault force has almost reached the palace. :smug:

emperor5-0135.jpg

emperor5-0136.jpg

emperor5-0138.jpg

In a brilliant fucking maneuver I decide to destroy the starport first instead of either Warfactory or the fucking Palace. In the meantime the units built from the factory raped most of my assault force. :retarded:

emperor5-0139.jpg

copecharkonen.jpg
: Running away little brother? How cowardly! :smug:

gunsengharkonnen.jpg
: I will return brother and I will crush you! :x

This missile tank is too experienced to die so easily.

emperor5-0142.jpg

The objective is so close. We just need to get in range...

emperor5-0145.jpg

emperor5-0146.jpg

Because it is both faster and cheaper an engineer is used to repair the construction yard that got damaged by that last Death Hand.

emperor5-0147.jpg

emperor5-0149.jpg

Pretty much every unit left is sent to assault the Palace. If they fail Copec's next assault will overwhelm the perimeter and all will be lost.

gunsengharkonnen.jpg
: Onwards to victory!

emperor5-0151.jpg

emperor5-0154.jpg

Missile tanks out-range those devastators by enough to fire and get away before they can fire back.

emperor5-0156.jpg

emperor5-0157.jpg

emperor5-0158.jpg

:yeah:

emperor5-0159.jpg

FMV - Gunseng wins

emperor5-0160.jpg

BROS DON'T KILL BROS IN COLD BLOOD BRO...

...only torture them for weeks until they beg for death :smug:

FMV - A little less noisy

Not campy at all :M

FMV - Tleilaxu Conundrum

emperor5-0164.jpg

emperor5-0166.jpg

The plot thickens...

emperor5-0167.jpg

emperor5-0168.jpg

emperor5-0169.jpg

emperor5-0171.jpg

emperor5-0173.jpg

emperor5-0174.jpg

emperor5-0175.jpg

emperor5-0176.jpg

VOTING TIME

Will House Harkonnen switch alliances?

A) Ally with the Sardaukar again! Fuck the fleshcrafting fetishists.
B) The Sardaukar are butthurt assholes. Our alliance with the Tleilaxu must be continued.

Which region do we conquer now?

1) Rajj Plateu (Ordos) - We had an outpost here but we lost contact and scouts have spotted tleilaxu forces near it. Smells like treachery. (totaly breaks the alliance with bene tleilax)
2) Kindjal Plains (Ordos) - Our agents need some help with intercepting a spy.
3) Wind Pass (Ordos) - The atreides are up to something in Ordos territory. This must be stopped.
4) Gara Kulon (Ordos) - We can claim an abandoned refinery to bolster our mining efforts.
5) Chin Rock (Ordos) - We cannot tolerate smugglers operating on our spice planet!
6) Plaster Basin (Atreides) - The Ixians have set loose rogue tleilaxu units. These units will interfere in our conquest of thiso area.
7) Pasty Mesa (Atreides) - The Sardaukar are attacking a Tleilaxu base. They seek help in annihilating the Tleilaxu outpost.
8) Harg Plateau (Atreides) - Ragheads are attacking our Tleilaxu allies! We must help them and smite the desert manboons.

If for some reason B wins and 1) or 7) gets the most votes I'll take the mission that has the most votes after it. Since voting for keeping the alliance and breaking it by taking a mission that does that is retarded.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
A) The Sardaukar will bolster your infantry while your armored column will crush the enemies of Harkonnen.

2) Kindjal Plains Ordos.

I care not what the intel wants. What I care about is finishing off the Ordos resistance. Your success in securing that region will enable a Stronghold assault, yes?

Lumpy

Arcane
Sardaukars are boring, so go with the Tleilaxu. For now.

Also I'm curious what smugglers are like. So 5/B.

Erebus

Arcane
Wait, we're allowed to remain allied to the Tleilaxu ? Doesn't our new baron want us to ally ourselves to the Sardaukars and Ixians ?

B8, then.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
A) A true Harkonnen ALWAYS stabs his allies in the back :smug:

7) Atreidies haven't received enough tasteful raep yet.

Also, despite all the cheese (or maybe because of it) that last mission was pure. :incline: I wish all RTS missions were that much back and forth.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom