Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Let's Battle for Dune! #12 Failure is death (finished)

Which of the Noble Houses of the Landsraad will the Codex Hive mind advise?

• The Noble Atreides

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • The Evil Harkonnen

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • The Insidious Ordos

Votes: 3 30.0%

• Total voters
It's somewhat disappointing how blunt the alliances are in this game. Given the option, I would've preferred to choose to acquire the services of a particular group for a specific task/mission - unofficially, if that would've been best - with the price/counter-service/chance of success to acquire varying according to their current relation to Houses, their past deeds, publicity of the alliance, etc..

Anyway, predictably, voting 6. Sardaukar are a symbol of Emperor's authority - though, I'm guessing it doesn't actually matter in this game.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Voting 6

The Ordos might be the more dangerous foe, but keep in mind that the Atreides are our traditional enemies! Kanly demands we attack them, push them off Arrakis and ravage Caladan for what Vorian Atreides did to Abulurd Harkonnen ten thousand years ago :x

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
....Why delay the death of the snake? The weak eagle pecks at the carcasses of our enemies...we will clip their wings when the time is right! To the Rajj Plateau!

OPTION 1

Erebus

Arcane
5 - Our glorious Harkonnen soldiers have already proven their superiority to the pitiful Ordos. Also, the mission sounds interesting. And I'd like to see what sonic tanks are like.

Duckard

Augur

We haven't taken any Atreides territory yet, and we need to betray the Tleilaxu anyway, since they're shaping up to betray us.

lightbane

Arcane
I vote for option 1 too.

PS: So, can you destroy that fake harvester before it triggers the trap?

Cassidy

Arcane

Obviously the Tleilaxu will sooner or later betray the Harkonnen, so why not anticipate their move?

oscar

Arcane
6. Better to betray than be betrayed and it'll mean we can have cool armies exclusively composed of those mech-things and Sardaukar.

Hellraiser

Arcane
Raping the Atreides so that we can regain the trust of the Sardaukar has obviously won.

In other news imgur is shit for one simple reason, it renames all my files. If I didn't have a fuckton of images this woulnd't be a problem. Which is why I'm sticking to cycling photobucket accounts which is what glorious BRO Furious Flaming Faggot does.

Expect an update within the next 48 hours. The difficulty went up as did the image count.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
imgur's image renaming is annoying, but it's seriously awesome otherwise.

Looking forward to update. Good LP.

Hellraiser

Arcane
Update 7: The Battle of Cleve Hill

Music - War for the Spice

emperor7-0001.jpg

We attack from the east, assuming the right side of the map of Arrakis is in fact the east.

emperor7-0002.jpg

harkonnenmentat.jpg
: The Baron wishes that we ally with the Sardaukar, again. Slay the Tleilaxu and they will surely look ignore our past dealings.

sardaukarsheppard.jpg
: What is the meaning of this? Do you think we forgot your treachery Harkonnen dogs?

harkonnenmentat.jpg
: Our dealings with the Tleilaxu are a thing of the past. We wish to help you in exchange for your support in this War of Assassins.

sardaukarsheppard.jpg
: Do you take me a for a fool?! I will slay every last one of you treacherous bastards.

generalcastor.jpg
: You will do no such thing. Sardaukar High Command has decided that we will ally with House Harkonnen if possible. :obviously:

sardaukarsheppard.jpg
: General! This scum helped our sworn enemy and murdered our brothers!

generalcastor.jpg
: You have your orders Commander. You will fight alongside the Harkonnen.

sardaukarsheppard.jpg
: This is madness! These dishonorable bastards are unworthy of fighting alongside the Sardaukar!

generalcastor.jpg
: You have made your choice Commander...

traitors.jpg

generalcastor.jpg
: Choices and consequences Commander Sheppard, choices and consequences. :obviously:

harkonnenmentat.jpg
: With him out of the way I guess we can continue to cooperate with no further obstacles in our way?

generalcastor.jpg
: He has always been somewhat of a maverick. Still I regret having to kill him. There was no man better fit for suicide missions. However order and disciple have to be maintained if we are to defend the Imperium and the Emperor in a most effective manner.

emperor7-0003.jpg

emperor7-0004.jpg

emperor7-0005.jpg

generalcastor.jpg
: It is time for me to end your little freakshow Tleilaxu.

TleilaxuMasterSkyway.jpg
: The corpse-worshiper general wants to end things he does not comprehend? How boring, I expected more from you than from your pawns but unfortunately all I got was once again shit.

emperor7-0007.jpg

emperor7-0008.jpg

emperor7-0009.jpg

generalcastor.jpg
: We will return and we will achieve victory!

TleilaxuMasterSkyway.jpg
: Well at least you will provide me with more corpses for my work.

Yeah I should have sent more than just a buzzsaw to help the Sardaukar. All is not lost, the Sardaukar will try again soon.

emperor7-0011.jpg

A scout spots an atreides harvester, their base must be nearby.

emperor7-0012.jpg

emperor7-0018.jpg

emperor7-0020.jpg

emperor7-0021.jpg

emperor7-0026.jpg

So far so good and I don't have devastators yet.

emperor7-0027.jpg

Crap a sonic tank. These things have a habit of killing as many of their own troops as those belonging to the enemy. Killing them ASAP is a priority.

emperor7-0028.jpg

Where are these atreides dogs going?

emperor7-0029.jpg

:rage:

Crush them! :x

emperor7-0031.jpg

emperor7-0033.jpg

emperor7-0035.jpg

Bah minotaurs, this will make attacking a lot harder.

emperor7-0037.jpg

generalcastor.jpg
: Alright men! We willll kill the Tleilaxu and get back to base just in time for some afternoon tea. :obvious:

emperor7-0038.jpg

HarkonnenDawn_Big.jpg

emperor7-0040.jpg

generalcastor.jpg
: You know the drill men, kill them and burn this outpost to the ground just like the last time. Veni vidi vici and all that.

TleilaxuMasterSkyway.jpg
: Why do you believe you will succeed this time? You didn't even send more men. What a shitty strategy.

generalcastor.jpg
: You see Tleilaxu dog there is this thing called artillery support. Harkonnen missile batteries... FIRE!

amraam-rocket-missile.jpg

emperor7-0044.jpg

emperor7-0047.jpg

emperor7-0050.jpg

emperor7-0054.jpg

TleilaxuMasterSkyway.jpg
: :rage: I will not forget this treachery Harkonnen!

generalcastor.jpg
: I wish to thank you for your support Harkonnen. It is a shame I had to kill one of my better Commanders but serving the Imperium demands sacrifices.

emperor7-0059.jpg

Time for another devastator Cleve drop. I didn't take a screenshot when they landed unfortunately.

emperor7-0062.jpg

emperor7-0063.jpg

:salute: RIP Harkonnen troopers, you have served the Baron well.

emperor7-0065.jpg

CLEVEghola.jpg
: Purge the manboons!

emperor7-0072.jpg

This is where the 3 Cleves got dropped earlier. It looks like the atreides machete rape gangs got them. :x

emperor7-0074.jpg

Fortunately the Tleilaxu delivered a lot of gholas before we stabbed them in the back.

emperor7-0085.jpg

All these troop movements in the desert made the sandworms angry.

emperor7-0088.jpg

I should have let the worm eat that sonic tank.

emperor7-0089.jpg

CLEVEghola.jpg
: I WILL NOT DIE TO A SANDWORM! :x

emperor7-0090.jpg

:salute: Cleve Ghola #17 is a true Übermensch! Unfazed by the huge beast's maw right in front of him he kept firing until it got scared and ran.

emperor7-0091.jpg

emperor7-0092.jpg

Fucking minotaurs! :x

emperor7-0094.jpg

generalcastor.jpg
: Minotaurs? Frankly I fail to see how these infernal contraptions deserve that name.

emperor7-0098.jpg

CLEVEghola.jpg
: Devastation time!

emperor7-0102.jpg

emperor7-0106.jpg

CLEVEghola.jpg
: Is that all you've got atreides manboons?! :x

emperor7-0111.jpg

emperor7-0113.jpg

emperor7-0115.jpg

FUCKING MINOTAURS! :x

emperor7-0116.jpg

MushroomCloud-CastleRomeo.jpg

emperor7-0120.jpg

Eat that atreides manboons.

emperor7-0121.jpg

It's just a fucking hologram of a fucking hawk, why the fuck are you running away you dumbfucks!

That is the Hawk Strike, the Atreides Superweapon. It is a hologram that makes enemy units retreat off the map. Still the "fear" effect it causes has a limited duration so it is not as useful as one might think. As far as superweapons in Emperor go this one is the shittiest.

emperor7-0125.jpg

Minotaurs! :x

I have an idea though :smug:

emperor7-0126.jpg

:troll:

emperor7-0128.jpg

Cleve Ghola #21 got some experience from shooting at the helpless minotaurs the carry-alls kidnapped :smug:

emperor7-0133.jpg

Because assaulting the north side proved a lot harder than anticipated I have decided to make a frontal assault. Devastators are ordered to secure a position on the rocky no-man's land known as hill 192 located between the Atreides and Harkonnen bases.

emperor7-0137.jpg

Thus begins the bloody battle for control of hill 192 also known as Cleve Hill.

emperor7-0141.jpg

The AI isn't as stupid as it looks. It knows using Hawk Strike on all those Cleves at Cleve Hill is pointless because Devastators are too slow to reach the edge of the map.

emperor7-0142.jpg

icbm.jpg

emperor7-0143.jpg

emperor7-0144.jpg

CLEVEghola.jpg
: You call that Air Power?

emperor7-0146.jpg

Do not be fooled this is just the beginning. Now the true bloodbath will begin.

emperor7-0148.jpg

emperor7-0151.jpg

emperor7-0156.jpg

emperor7-0157.jpg

CLEVEghola.jpg
: You dare to flank me?! :x

emperor7-0165.jpg

This squadron will be used for hunting harvesters while the ground forces secure Cleve hill.

emperor7-0168.jpg

:retarded:

emperor7-0169.jpg

emperor7-0171.jpg

emperor7-0174.jpg

emperor7-0178.jpg

That harvester got away but they got 2 minotaurs.

emperor7-0181.jpg

We will need to soften up their defenses a bit...

icbm.jpg

emperor7-0182.jpg

emperor7-0183.jpg

This would be enough to start the assault if not for the wave of minotaurs incoming on Cleve Hill.

emperor7-0184.jpg

emperor7-0186.jpg

emperor7-0188.jpg

emperor7-0190.jpg

The damn tank survives :x

emperor7-0195.jpg

Not for long though :smug:

emperor7-0199.jpg

An easy target! :smug:

emperor7-0200.jpg

FUCKING HOLOGRAMS! :x

Continued in next post...

Hellraiser

Arcane
emperor7-0204.jpg

emperor7-0206.jpg

emperor7-0212.jpg

emperor7-0215.jpg

The Atreides are getting a lot of those damn minotaurs from the spacejews of CHOAM. There is an easy solution to that problem.

icbm.jpg

emperor7-0216.jpg

emperor7-0219.jpg

emperor7-0221.jpg

More harvester hunting.

emperor7-0223.jpg

emperor7-0225.jpg

The Atreides still try to retake Cleve Hill. But the Cleves defend it most admirably :salute:

emperor7-0236.jpg

ATTACK!!!

emperor7-0241.jpg

emperor7-0242.jpg

emperor7-0245.jpg

The fucking Atreides rebuilt their spaceport. Many Harkonnen pilots lost their lives destroying the new spaceport. They will pay!

emperor7-0249.jpg

emperor7-0251.jpg

emperor7-0253.jpg

emperor7-0255.jpg

CLEVEghola.jpg
: ITZ HAPPENING! RUN!!!

Well that was a waste of a hawk strike.

emperor7-0258.jpg

emperor7-0261.jpg

As you can see the northernmost devastator didn't get far before the hawk strike panic attack effect wore off.

emperor7-0264.jpg

emperor7-0270.jpg

emperor7-0274.jpg

CLEVEghola.jpg
: Death to the Atreides!

emperor7-0285.jpg

emperor7-0288.jpg

emperor7-0289.jpg

:smug:

emperor7-0294.jpg

emperor7-0301.jpg

There's that damn palace. Burn it to the ground! :x

emperor7-0309.jpg

emperor7-0310.jpg

:yeah:

emperor7-0311.jpg

emperor7-0312.jpg

They're attacking a region where a reserve force is station. Are they stupid or just suicidal?

emperor7-0313.jpg

generalcastor.jpg
: My forces shall assist you in the conquest of this region Commander. With the help of the finest soldiers of the Imperium you cannot fail. :obviously:

emperor7-0315.jpg

This is the same region where we faced the dreaded raghead Andhaira the Shai-hulud slayer and his warriors.

emperor7-0317.jpg

Troops are sent to disrupt Ordos mining operations as much as possible. You see this map has a small amount of spice which quickly runs out and doesn't "regrow" while the AI gets free money or starts with a lot more than you do. So the longer this battle drags on the more likely we are to lose.

emperor7-0319.jpg

emperor7-0322.jpg

The assault is going well so far. I guess we'll curb-stomp the Ordos rather fast.

emperor7-0325.jpg

emperor7-0328.jpg

TleilaxuMasterSkyway.jpg
: Crush the Harkonnen!

emperor7-0329.jpg

emperor7-0332.jpg

More troops are on the way. hopefully the buzzsaw will kill all the contaminators while the missile troopers blow up the leeches.

emperor7-0333.jpg

emperor7-0335.jpg

FUCKING SANDWORM! :x

emperor7-0336.jpg

generalcastor.jpg
: The Tleilaxu will pay for their crimes. Onwards to victory!

I didn't take a screenshot of it but the Sardaukar all died. :decline: of the Imperium's finest.

emperor7-0340.jpg

emperor7-0341.jpg

APCs? Seriously? :retarded:

emperor7-0346.jpg

emperor7-0347.jpg

Fucking useless Sardaukar support, they didn't do shit before the Harkonnen managed to kill the Tleilaxu attack force all by themselves.

emperor7-0351.jpg

emperor7-0352.jpg

Meanwhile a missile tank is collecting precious salvage.

emperor7-0353.jpg

How devious of them, they decided to flank the slow Devastators. AI :incline:

emperor7-0354.jpg

emperor7-0355.jpg

They didn't do any signifact damage though.

emperor7-0358.jpg

I have an idea :smug:

icbm.jpg

emperor7-0360.jpg

emperor7-0361.jpg

emperor7-0363.jpg

What a fucking waste of a perfectly good nuclear warhead. It destroyed just one tank and that's it. :decline:

emperor7-0365.jpg

The Tleilaxu are smart enough not to walk into the irradiated area.

emperor7-0366.jpg

This assault is easily defeated and since I have enough forces to defend against the Tleilaxu and go on the offensive it is time to strike.

emperor7-0372.jpg

emperor7-0373.jpg

emperor7-0375.jpg

CLEVEghola.jpg
: Burn everything to the ground! For House Harkonnen!

The Ordos built a palace! We can't leave standing now can we?

emperor7-0378.jpg

emperor7-0380.jpg

The Ordos send some forces to repel the Cleve intrusion but they committed most of them to attacking the Harkonnen base. Which is obviously a bad idea.

emperor7-0385.jpg

emperor7-0392.jpg

:retarded: why doesn't he use those tanks?

emperor7-0397.jpg

More Cleves join their battle-hardened brothers.

emperor7-0398.jpg

Why attack the devastators in your base when you can attack the enemy base? :retarded:

emperor7-0399.jpg

icbm.jpg

emperor7-0402.jpg

CLEVEghola.jpg
: Death to all who oppose the Baron!

emperor7-0403.jpg

emperor7-0410.jpg

emperor7-0411.jpg

While the shit Tleilaxu were attacking our base the Cleves finished mopping up the Ordos.

emperor7-0412.jpg

%D0%A4%D0%B5%D0%B9%D0%B4-%D0%A0%D0%B0%D1%83%D1%82%D0%B0_%D0%A5%D0%B0%D1%80%D0%BA%D0%BE%D0%BD%D0%BD%D0%B5%D0%BD_%28%D0%B0%D0%BD%D0%B3%D0%BB._Feyd-Rautha_Harkonnen%29.jpg

:yeah:

emperor7-0413.jpg

emperor7-0414.jpg

emperor7-0415.jpg

emperor7-0416.jpg

emperor7-0417.jpg

emperor7-0418.jpg

emperor7-0419.jpg

VOTING TIME

Should we ally with the Ix now that the Tleilaxu are declared enemies of the Baron?

A) Of course we should! We'll get their hi-tech gadgets and we can piss off the Tleilaxu further at the same time.
B) Fuck the Ixians, these assholes will bring a second butlerian jihad upon us sooner or later.

Which territory shall we liberate now?

1) Hajra Plains (Atreides) - The friends of that smuggler asshole are here. We should send them a harvester.
2) Plaster Basin (Atreides) - The Ixians have set loose rogue tleilaxu units. These units will interfere in our conquest of this area.
3) Hole-in-the-rock (Ordos) - The Ixians are doing open-field beta testing. We may be able to help them and gain their support.
4) Gabana Depression (Ordos) - Some Ixians got lost in the desert. They might apreciate help.
5) Hajj Plateu (Ordos) - We had an outpost here but we lost contact and scouts have spotted tleilaxu forces near it. Smells like treachery.
6) Kindjal Plains (Ordos) - Our agents need some help with intercepting a spy.

For obvious reasons I am not allowing you to vote on the ragheads attacking the fremen mission. Maybe we'll get the chance to smite some ragheads without having our Sardaukar alliance broken later.

Erebus

Arcane
What exactly would happen if we tried to conquer a region where two enemy factions are fighting ?

Anyway, I'm voting A4. If we can't have bio-engineered monsters, I guess giant death robots will have to do.

Angelo85

Arcane
Patron
B and 6.

6 sounds like an interesting mission and also we will be on the doorstep to the Ordos fortress.

Regarding A and B: I guess A means a possible breakup with our buddies the emperor's finest?

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
A - 6

Take out the Ordos before they regain strength. I am not impressed by the Atreides.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Battle of Cleve Hill is worthy of a movie :salute:

Anyway, A and...6 I guess. Or 4. Either one :|

A6

Btw, what happens to your enemy's unconquered territories if you capture their capital? Do they instantly become yours, or just stop attacking/resisting capture?

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
A3

Ally with Ixians, punishing them for experimenting with technology can come later.

oscar

Arcane
B, and ya'll should change your vote to it as well. We don't need anyone but our Imperial bro's. None of these faggy, barely-canon losers. And 6 for the mission, although 5 and 1 sound fun as well.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom