Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Let's Battle for Dune! #12 Failure is death (finished)

Which of the Noble Houses of the Landsraad will the Codex Hive mind advise?

• The Noble Atreides

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • The Evil Harkonnen

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • The Insidious Ordos

Votes: 3 30.0%

• Total voters

oscar

Arcane
A4. Sardaukar are cool and would logically fuse well with the powerful Harkonnen armour. And as for 4, the spice must flow.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Guess i will replay this (i actually bought it way back when).

Know of any good no cd crack?

Actually, know of any for diablo (1) too?

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
Hellraiser said:
Since nobody voted for over 12 hours I guess we can say A5 is the Hivemind's choice. There is only one more vote for 5 than there is for 7. So raping smugglers it is.

:smug:
I guess this translates into a +1 on my "manipulate internet votes" skillrolls in the future. M:

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Hellraiser said:
Since nobody voted for over 12 hours I guess we can say A5 is the Hivemind's choice. There is only one more vote for 5 than there is for 7. So raping smugglers it is.

:rage:

Truth be told, the mission IS fun. But It'd be much better to ally with the Sardaukar first :/

DwarvenFood

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
B8 here, we are unorthodox in our ways, and at the same time deal with the Andhairans.. win!

of course, my vote is too late and too irrelevant, but hey, whatever.

Hellraiser

Arcane
:rage:

I delayed the update so that I could conserve bandwidth on the laptop until the 9th. Now after I uploaded everything from my desktop and written the entire update it turns out I used up my 10 GB bandwidth limit on photobucket.

ugh now I'll have to make another account, upload all of it there and change all the URLs :x

Although I guess I could make a macro in MS Word to makes the URL changing automatic.

Either way expect an update in the next 24 hours unless photobucket fucks me over by not allowing another account.

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Yeah, switch to imgur. A free account at Photobucket is only good for LPing older games where there are fewer colours and images weight less.

Apart from imgur, there's also Wordpress. I haven't used it myself, but spekkio recently told me it's good, so you can try that.

Hellraiser

Arcane
Update 6: A harvester is removed from the inventory.

Music - Defenders of Arrakis

game2011-09-0518-02-25-18.png

As always the Ordos will get superior reinforcements. It's not like that will help them.

game2011-09-0518-02-45-23.png

So much killing to do :yeah:

game2011-09-0518-02-54-85.png

Not as :incline: as the the inkvine incline catapult but these will have their uses. They're very cost effective with only one flaw, they're slow as shit.

emperor6-0001.jpg

We got a devastator as part of our starting forces. Isn't that nice? Also we need to use some smuggler diplomacy.

emperor6-0006.jpg

emperor6-0007.jpg

emperor6-0008.jpg

An incline catapult and a devastator can easily defend against the shitty Ordos offensive.

emperor6-0010.jpg

In the north a scout finds a wrecked ship and some valuable salvage.

emperor6-0011.jpg

smuggler.jpg
: Our scouts said if we go through the southern rocky terrain we can easily avoid Ordos patrols. I have a bad feeling about this. It's never this easy to get away with stolen goods.

emperor6-0012.jpg

emperor6-0015.jpg

harkonnenmentat.jpg
: Kill them all and take back what they stole.

emperor6-0017.jpg

smuggler.jpg
: :rage: I knew something was going to go horribly wrong! I'll kill my contact for not telling me this shit was harkonnen property.

Wait why are you shooting the harvester...

emperor6-0018.jpg

Yeah Westwood didn't flag the Harvester as allied. Since it was moving at the head of the smuggler convoy our trigger-happy Harkonnen troopers blew it up.
Whatever it's just one harvester, we have smugglers and Ordos to kill.

emperor6-0019.jpg

smuggler.jpg
: I gotta get out of here before I end up as one of the Baron's very important prisoners.

emperor6-0020.jpg

Running away? Nobody runs from the Harkonnen!

emperor6-0021.jpg

emperor6-0023.jpg

:rage: A deviator shot one of my harvesters. Since the brainwash deviator gas made it Ordos for a moment a carry-all picked it up ands took it to the nearest ordos refinery.

emperor6-0025.jpg

Now that the smuggler scum is dead or imprisoned it is time to focus on the ordos.

emperor6-0027.jpg

A few reasonably priced devastators are ordered at the Starport, the spacejews of CHOAM aren't particularly greedy today.

emperor6-0028.jpg

LEAVE MY FUCKING HARVESTER ALONE YOU ORDOS SODOMITES! :x

emperor6-0031.jpg

emperor6-0032.jpg

emperor6-0034.jpg

emperor6-0036.jpg

emperor6-0037.jpg

Devastation time!

emperor6-0038.jpg

emperor6-0039.jpg

emperor6-0041.jpg

emperor6-0042.jpg

Time to go on the offensive.

emperor6-0046.jpg

emperor6-0047.jpg

In have no idea how an Advanced Carry-all can lift something as heavy a Devastator but this gives us a chance to use these offensively without waiting a year until they cross the desert while hoping that Sandworms won't mistake them for dinner.

emperor6-0048.jpg

emperor6-0050.jpg

emperor6-0052.jpg

emperor6-0053.jpg

Two of the three devastators sent are destroyed but one comes out of the slaughter extremely battle-hardened and bloodthirsty.

emperor6-0056.jpg

emperor6-0058.jpg

Who is this elite soldier piloting this death-bringing machine?

emperor6-0063.jpg

Damn he's on a rampage! Not slowing down at all! A true Harkonnen Übermensch!

gunsengharkonnen.jpg
: Mentat! Open a channel to this devastator. I want to talk to him personally!

harkonnenmentat.jpg
: As you wish Baron.

gunsengharkonnen.jpg
: Devastator pilot, this is your Baron speaking! Your service to House Harkonnen has been most commendable, you will be greatly rewarded. But first I need to know you name.

CLEVEghola.jpg
: It is Cleveland Mark Blakemore. It is an honor to receive your praise Baron.

emperor6-0065.jpg

The Ordos ignore the Übermensch causing havoc back in their base and decide to attack. Clearly they are dumbfucks.

emperor6-0066.jpg

Cleve gets some backup.

emperor6-0067.jpg

CLEVEghola.jpg
: NOOOOO! I WILL NOT BE DEFEATED BY ORDOS MANBOONS! ITZ MUST BE DEFEATED!

RIP Cleve :salute: you have served House Harkonnen well.

gunsengharkonnen.jpg
: Mentat! Bring me the Tleilaxu Master, I have an idea.

TleilaxuMasterSkyway.jpg
: What is it that you want Baron? My work cannot be interrupted by trivial banal shit.

gunsengharkonnen.jpg
: Silence Tleilaxu! You will address your future Emperor properly or I will have your head on a pike.

TleilaxuMasterSkyway.jpg
: Very well... How may I serve you Baron?

gunsengharkonnen.jpg
: A certain soldier has proven to be one of the most skilled combatants ever to serve House Harkonnen. Unfortunately he died. You will recover his body and make as many Gholas of him as you can.

TleilaxuMasterSkyway.jpg
: A skilled soldier Baron? I see how this might be useful.

gunsengharkonnen.jpg
: I want one for every devastator we have. He may be the key to a swift victory so do not fail me Tleilaxu.

TleilaxuMasterSkyway.jpg
: Of course Baron. Our alliance must prevail.

emperor6-0069.jpg

emperor6-0077.jpg

These devastators may not have reached Cleve's level of superhuman combat prowess yet but they still rape the Ordos rather well.

emperor6-0081.jpg

emperor6-0082.jpg

emperor6-0085.jpg

While one has been lost another one has reached Cleve's level of experience. The Ordos will tremble.

emperor6-0086.jpg

Reinforcements are brought in to ensure the victory of House Harkonnen in this battle.

emperor6-0087.jpg

emperor6-0090.jpg

emperor6-0095.jpg

:yeah:

emperor6-0098.jpg

Harkonnen justice at it's finest.

Continued in next post...

Hellraiser

Arcane
emperor6-0099.jpg

emperor6-0100.jpg

The Atreides once again try to take some land from the Ordos.

emperor6-0101.jpg

Now this is a surprise they actually won!

emperor6-0102.jpg

Look at this, the Ordos are trying to retake the region we just conquered.

emperor6-0103.jpg

WHAT?! The Baron didn't have them all executed? Serious :decline: of the Harkonnen execution justice system. :rpgcodex:

emperor6-0104.jpg

Like any form of compensation is worth keeping that scum alive.

emperor6-0105.jpg

When you fight in a region you already fought in before two things change. We already know the layout of the terrain so it's only covered by fog of war so that we can't just rush the Ordos the second the missions starts.
Oh and most of the buildings built last time are still here in the same place we put them. As are craters from all the fighting.

However not all buildings are saved. The starport, second refinery and a few windtraps arer absent. If we had a Palace it also wouldn't be saved. This was obviously implemented not to make "defend the region" missions too easy.

emperor6-0109.jpg

The Ordos haven't built their base in it's previous locations. Harkonnen scouts are sent to search the other locations.

emperor6-0110.jpg

Found them.

emperor6-0112.jpg

Surprisingly crates containing cash or free units do respawn if you took them the last time.

emperor6-0113.jpg

emperor6-0117.jpg

Some of the "liberated" sardaukar kill a few Ordos scouts and troops when suddenly...

emperor6-0118.jpg

SpiceHarvester.jpg

.. a harvester appears.

emperor6-0119.jpg

smuggler.jpg
: Don't attack! We're uh... bringing a gift for the Baron. A spice harvester to replace the one you lost after we stole it.

3d57c_ORIG-futurama_fry_looking_squint.jpg

emperor6-0120.jpg

emperor6-0121.jpg

HarkonnenDawn_Big.jpg

The Palace has been built. Soon we will start violating the great convention in a most tasteless manner :smug:

emperor6-0122.jpg

3d57c_ORIG-futurama_fry_looking_squint.jpg

Why is it parked so close to the construction yard instead of mining spice in the field...

harkonnenmentat.jpg
: Now where are you going?

smuggler.jpg
: Why to bring more harvesters for House Harkonnen obviously.

harkonnenmentat.jpg
: GUARDS! Capture him!

smuggler.jpg
: :rage: Better run!

harkonnenmentat.jpg
: YOU FOOLS LET HIM ESCAPE! Each one of you will be disciplined with a hundred lashes for this failure. With whips soaked in inkvine fluid.

A loudspeaker can be heard turning on...

fremenandhaira.jpg
: Harkonnen Shaitan! My smuggler friends have delivered you a gift from the Fremen people. Your water will be ours! May your death be long and painful! YA HYA CHOUHADA!

emperor6-0123.jpg

:rage: FUCKING SMUGGLERS! Not only did that bomb almost destroy the construction yard, it knocked out the power! Now I have to build new wind traps because even though some weren't destroyed by the blast my power dropped to 0.

emperor6-0124.jpg

A few advanced carry-alls are ordered from CHOAM. Guess what we'll use them for?

emperor6-0126.jpg

These Ordos wouldn't get so comfortable if it wasn't for that damn smuggler! :x

emperor6-0129.jpg

emperor6-0130.jpg

emperor6-0131.jpg

emperor6-0132.jpg

emperor6-0133.jpg

Shooting deviator gas at infantry who is immune to it? Instead of the Devastator right next to it? Deviator? More like Derpiator :retarded:

emperor6-0134.jpg

emperor6-0136.jpg

CLEVEghola.jpg
: Advance! Crush the manboons! :x

emperor6-0137.jpg

I have an idea :smug:

emperor6-0140.jpg

emperor6-0142.jpg

emperor6-0144.jpg

Why send troops after Ordos harvesters when you can send the Ordos harvesters to the troops? :smug:

emperor6-0147.jpg

CLEVEghola.jpg
: Death to enemies of House Harkonnen!

emperor6-0148.jpg

I can understand the skull but why a pulsating brain? Seriously Westwood...

emperor6-0151.jpg

CLEVEghola.jpg
: My Harkonenn brothers will avenge me you manboon scum! :x

RIP Cleve Ghola #0000003 :salute:

icbm.jpg

emperor6-0152.jpg

emperor6-0153.jpg

emperor6-0154.jpg

emperor6-0155.jpg

CLEVEghola.jpg
: Radiation levels high but not toxic.

harkonnenmentat.jpg
: Just remember not to stay too close to the radiation.

CLEVEghola.jpg
: Radiation? Huh? Whatever.

emperor6-0156.jpg

emperor6-0159.jpg

emperor6-0162.jpg

RIP Cleve Ghola #0000002 :salute:

emperor6-0164.jpg

emperor6-0174.jpg

emperor6-0180.jpg

CLEVEghola.jpg
: HAHAHA! You cannot hope to defeat those blessed with superior intellect!

emperor6-0183.jpg

emperor6-0185.jpg

emperor6-0189.jpg

%D0%A4%D0%B5%D0%B9%D0%B4-%D0%A0%D0%B0%D1%83%D1%82%D0%B0_%D0%A5%D0%B0%D1%80%D0%BA%D0%BE%D0%BD%D0%BD%D0%B5%D0%BD_%28%D0%B0%D0%BD%D0%B3%D0%BB._Feyd-Rautha_Harkonnen%29.jpg

:yeah:

emperor6-0190.jpg

emperor6-0191.jpg

emperor6-0192.jpg

emperor6-0193.jpg

emperor6-0194.jpg

emperor6-0195.jpg

emperor6-0196.jpg

Since the territory we conquered wasn't bordering any territory we couldn't attack previously the voting options will be the same as last time with two differences.
One is obviously our recent aquisition of Chin Rock. The other is a sand storm in Harg Plateau where ragheads were attacking our Tleilaxu allies. Serious weather pattern :decline:.

VOTING TIME

Which region do we conquer now?

1) Rajj Plateu (Ordos) - We had an outpost here but we lost contact and scouts have spotted tleilaxu forces near it. Smells like treachery. (totaly breaks the alliance with bene tleilax)
2) Kindjal Plains (Ordos) - Our agents need some help with intercepting a spy.
3) Wind Pass (Ordos) - The atreides are up to something in Ordos territory. This must be stopped.
4) Gara Kulon (Ordos) - We can claim an abandoned refinery to bolster our mining efforts.
5) Plaster Basin (Atreides) - The Ixians have set loose rogue tleilaxu units. These units will interfere in our conquest of thiso area.
6) Pasty Mesa (Atreides) - The Sardaukar are attacking a Tleilaxu base. They seek help in annihilating the Tleilaxu outpost.

I think I know which one will win now, especially with the raghead smiting mission unnavailable.

Also I am totally switching to imgur from the next update. I was tired of Photobucket fucking up image quality by compressing further jpeg images already compressed and within their shitty size limits.

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I also vote 6. End the Tleilaxu menace now that you have the superior gholas of great Cleve.

Also I love the promotion system old Westwood games had. 3 times promoted units were truly powerful and useful.

DwarvenFood

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I seriously think that we should dam in the Atreides they are getting too strong.

Voting 5 - sounds like an interesting mission and I do not have any love left for the Sardaukar.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom