Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress [Let's Command] Rangers vs. Panzergrenadiers in Combat Mission: Fortress Italy

Andnjord

Arcane
Anyone got some alcohol ?
You can grab the alchohol rations off of my dead machine-gunners.
rating_negativeman.png

Was there a recent let's play / commenters command / whatever in which Kalarion survived more than a few posts ?
He did survive some time during your Syrian warfare LP. Then came back as a prisoner/received an ATGM armed IFV!

Endemic

Arcane
Switch my target to the infantry in the foilage in front of the town (preferably the enemies that killed Kalarion's unit).

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
I would love to command one of the troops, but in all honesty, I probably wouldn't be stable in giving orders, so I figure you might be better off with someone more active. :p

Gumsmith

Educated
1st Platoon HQ reporting for duty! :salute:

It seems to me that ValeVelKal has the right kind of thinking and that it'd be a jolly good idea to have someone with a radio get a line of sight on that antitank gun, so I'd to quick move our lads up behind the trees to ValeVelKal's section.

Hace El Oso

Arcane
Patron
I'd be happy to take 2nd section. I'll have them quick move west along the edge of the map from spawn, then south right into the copse of trees. If we take accurate fire getting there, reverse the order and have us fast move back to the collection area.

If you know I'm going to get cut to pieces moving across that space, feel free to just move me to ValeVelKal's troops. :D

Dayyālu

Arcane
Kalarion should get dibs on new troops.

That said, if I get more HQ units do I get access to different off-map mortars or it's the same ones with the same limitations bar easier spotting? Been ages since I played any CM.

Kalarion

Serial Ratist
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'll take A Co HQ. What if we set up a radio relay by having one HQ section with both mortar units, and another HQ deployed forward, slightly behind the front lines? That way we can conduct some kind of spotting for effective fire, right?

Gumsmith

Educated
I'll take A Co HQ. What if we set up a radio relay by having one HQ section with both mortar units, and another HQ deployed forward, slightly behind the front lines? That way we can conduct some kind of spotting for effective fire, right?
This is 1st Platoon HQ's objective. If our second mortar team links up with Dayyalu then we'll be able to relay firing orders to either one of them and turn that AT gun into scrap metal.

Last edited:

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
can we start in the other deployment zone (behind the copse of trees) or do we have to start on the road?

MiguelSerranoFan

Educated
I should emphasize that 2nd Section Mortar is still open, which is good, because I am behind on my work and need as few reasons to distract myself as possible.

MiguelSerranoFan

Educated
My list of excuses for putting this off any longer is rapidly dwindling. Please submit your orders whenever you please, Azira.

It might be a bit too late to matter, but do we have any access to smoke grenades or mortar shells?
Just realized I forgot to answer this. The 60mm doesn't have any smoke rounds, HE only.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom