Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Let's Larp the Court of King Vale clumsily preparing a royal summit in Fit To Be A King

Helly

Translating for brofists
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
HtDIuwE.png

Come on, bossman, you should be having some fun. You're the man, you know? Do you really need a Pope? I can cut short any theological debate, if you see what I mean...
Share your *knighthood* with everybody, too, you only live once.

vazha

Arcane
*The court pup seems very attached to the guard captain, and often stops by for a little playtime and treat. Surely a person that inspires such admiration in animals is pure of heart and deserving of a knight's rank*
Dang, I thought strange fellow was the dog and we were knighting a pup to be our first knight!

Citizen

*As the pup sneaks into the kitchen after midnight to steal some bacon, he notices Vazha, the royal vintner, struggling with a book by candlelight. Sweat runs down the old man's forehead as he fails miserably to spell the simplest words.*

*The pup whines disapprovingly, betraying his presence, and the red faced vintner quickly hides his book, puts out the candle and shamefully retreats in the direction of his bedroom.*

*If the pup could understand how hard the life of man, who despite his position still struggles with basic reading, can be, he'd be sorry. But since he's just a dog, he goes straight for the bacon.*

ValeVelKal

Arcane
Part III : The Pope, the Father, the ghost & Me

So as decided by my court, I go East to the religious area.

gxqTBUU.png
Hey, fancy this !

Agyo2Vo.png

gxqTBUU.png
Let's talk to the Priest !

4gDsP0x.png
I am here if you wish to pray or confess !
4gDsP0x.png
<name> I am father Thomas of course
4gDsP0x.png
<Father> Aye, your Majesty. So long as you do not (R)eform the Bible
4gDsP0x.png
<reform> You may (R)eform on the Bible, but I'd rather you didn't.
4gDsP0x.png
<Bible> I worry you'll (R)eform the church. Please don't
4gDsP0x.png
<Church> (R)eforming the Bible would be utter chaos!
4gDsP0x.png
<Pope> If you (R)eform, you'll be the Pope, I suppose. Please don't.
gxqTBUU.png
Listen, you mention (R)eform a lot. YOu would not be trying to get me to (R)eform the religion and then (J)ail you ?
4gDsP0x.png
I could be a religious figure destined to wind up in manacles.
gxqTBUU.png
OOOooooKKKKKK
4gDsP0x.png
<summit> Will you pay 300 gold for an angelic choic ?
4gDsP0x.png
<No> Then I'll pray for you in the meanwhile.
4gDsP0x.png
<Blakemore> That rascal ! You'll outdo it at the summit for sure!

gxqTBUU.png
OK then let's see what's there. Eh ! is that the Bible !

Kg60cNb.png

gxqTBUU.png
Uh, I don't like the content. Let's ask the Priest about it.
4gDsP0x.png
<Divorce> Please don't (R)eform the Bible
gxqTBUU.png
BUT WILL YOU STOP !
4gDsP0x.png
<Marriage> Marriage is a sacred act, defined by God alone!
4gDsP0x.png
<God> He exists, your majesty, you can be certain.

gxqTBUU.png
OK what else... uhhhhh RICHES !

dIbkqh3.png

gxqTBUU.png
This is all nice. There is a ladder down too, but let's explore further around the Church.

I found a fountain with a lady.
UHBuGsI.png

gxqTBUU.png
Good day, Milady !
oYlcRRg.png
??? What.... What ...
gxqTBUU.png
I said goodday !
oYlcRRg.png
... I was trolling in the shoutbox seconds ago... what am I doing in a lame Let's Play ?
oYlcRRg.png
... am I a LADY ?
gxqTBUU.png
Eh, not really the freshest I am afraid.
oYlcRRg.png
<name> I am Countess Crispy, your Majesty
oYlcRRg.png
I hate you for dragging me into this.
oYlcRRg.png
<job> I am a lady in waiting, and a Countess
oYlcRRg.png
<Countess><Count> Yes, I suppose I shall have to marry a Count someday. Pooh.
oYlcRRg.png
HOW MANY CHEESY LINES OF DIALOG DO I HAVE ?!
oYlcRRg.png
<Lady> Crispy flutters her eyelashes.
oYlcRRg.png
Oh COME ON
oYlcRRg.png
<marry> I am but a lowly Countess. Someone such as you would never marry me..
oYlcRRg.png
OVER MY ALREADY DEAD BODY !
oYlcRRg.png
<summit> I hope there are lutes at the summit
oYlcRRg.png
<lutes><Song> Songs can capture the hearts of princesses! My favorite song they play is 245676531
oYlcRRg.png
WHAT SORT OF STUPID PUZZLE IS THAT ?

Well, I happen to have a lute so ...
BQIEgNB.png

oYlcRRg.png
Cripsy gives a standing ovation, tears in her eyes.
oYlcRRg.png
You play so well! Even a princess would fall in love with such a song!
oYlcRRg.png
GOD AM I GIVING CLUES AGAINST MY WILL NOW ! GET LOST !
oYlcRRg.png
<Collect Taxes> Crispy gives 30 gold
oYlcRRg.png
... wait...
oYlcRRg.png
GOOD LORD ! IT TOOK 30 GOLD FROM MY GOTHIC SAVE ! I CAN'T BUY THE 1H SWORD SKILL NOW !

Well, this done I went back to the Church, and used the ladder down :

edziUsT.png

Going South I met... a ghost ! Of course he was blocking the way :

nsPme3k.png

BCU6RUi.png
The ghost looks at you wearily
BCU6RUi.png
<name> I am V_K and only a sinner
BCU6RUi.png
<sinner><church> I yearn to confess my sins to a Pope
BCU6RUi.png
<pope> I must confess to the head of the church
BCU6RUi.png
<confess> I cannot speak of it, except to the Pope
BCU6RUi.png
<job> I am only a sinner
BCU6RUi.png
<summit> I no longer care for earthly things

gxqTBUU.png
Hmmm I wonder how I could bring the head of a church here.

I went up and asked Father Azira
4gDsP0x.png
<Ghost> No such thing !
4gDsP0x.png
<Confess> What sort of crime have you committed ? Violent or ecumenical ?
4gDsP0x.png
<Violent> Oh your majesty ! I know you are a peaceful soul
4gDsP0x.png
<Ecumenical> Ah ! A funny word !

Not much help, so I went back down and explored further, I found an Hall of Mirrors :

AkWzfEC.png

And a bunch of tombs :

MTrQd01.png

The tombstones carry the name of various Kings and Queens of time past.

And I go further down !

cda2vrZ.png

I follow corridors in a sort of labyrinth :

cCdMy8S.png

and ... CRAP CRAP CRAP !

PizBdfD.png

I EXPLORED TO DEEP AND TOO GREEDILY.

Fade to black !

lgUoxZX.png

.. and back home.

wbWVOtk.png
Thank goodness thou art with us again! We were all very worried over thy condition. Thou hast been unconscious for so long that we thought thou hadst lost thy life!
wbWVOtk.png
It is most fortunate that thou fell so near our shelter. Thou must have a protector watching over thee.
gxqTBUU.png
... wait I heard that already...
wbWVOtk.png
It was Elizabeth and Abraham who found thee and delivered thee to us.
gxqTBUU.png
WHO ?
wbWVOtk.png
They brought thee here along their way to Britain.
gxqTBUU.png
Britain now ? Are you sure you are using dialogs from the correct game ?
wbWVOtk.png
Ah ! I am sorry, I have no dedicated line of dialog for when you come back to life for no reason so I made some on the spot. This seemed... appropriate.

Ok, new objective, deliver some justice. Step #1 : the treasury :

MCP5pxp.png
Ah hello Sir !
gxqTBUU.png
And Goodbye ! (J)ail !

XGmy25Y.png

Step #2 : Barracks :

eYAVb1g.png

1UUupRr.png
<knight> You need a knight to slay a dragon ? For the kitchens, I am sure. I'll assign Lilura. Tell her you need a roast dragon and she'll find one.
gxqTBUU.png
You can't move your ass yourself now that you are a Knight ? No new line of dialog ? Man, if I could Unknight you I would.

Step #3 : Jail

YOkgNgi.png

MCP5pxp.png
<Talk> I am sorry your majesty. I will tell you where the key is! The owner doesn't know, but I hid it in the pig room of the inn. It's behind the fireplace. Now please (F)orgive me !

Being there, I found out that there are some fake walls !

V6cIjYT.png

I explore the castle further, and find more of these, including one next to my bedroom :

zbpTfw9.png

gxqTBUU.png
I have an hard time believing you never knew about this one, Chamberlain !
wbWVOtk.png
I had no idea I swear !

Ok, I need to do something in my room. Something important !

AlbFgTK.png

gxqTBUU.png
You were right on Tindrli my brave dog !

Finally, I am going back to the dungeon, this time avoiding the traps !

As it is a lot of corridors, here is a small animation. The traps can be seen as four dots forming a square of sort :

SBSbvdk.gif

As per the GIF, I finally arrived to ANOTHER ladder...

And it brings me to an underground river, and there is a small canoe waiting for me !

aExIWDX.png

Here is the map of the known world (ground floor only) :

LKo1ccp.png

... hmm wait what is this hole behind the mirror next to the throne room. I checked all the walls but if I (A)ttacked the mirror ...

mV32rEd.png

Rd7Vhvi.png

gxqTBUU.png
It's a BINGO

Andnjord , Citizen , mondblut , tindrli, vazha , Dayyālu , Endemic , Darth Roxor , Helly , Knight Strange Fellow , Azira, V_K and even Crispy and Volourn against your will, you are part of my Court !

You will now decide :
- Who to Knight !
- Who to Jail !
- Who to Execute !
- Should I reform the Religion ?
- What should I explore next ? There are many options at this point, including the rampart, the subterranean river, the village, the end of the castle.

Last edited:

Dayyālu

Arcane
wbWVOtk.png
It was Elizabeth and Abraham who found thee and delivered thee to us.

:lol::lol::lol:

Modded Ultima VII Codex Edition When

Serpent Isle would barely require any dialogue fixes I guess

rxcidDK.png
My King! It was with wisdom and Divine Guidance that you rightfully [j]ailed the treacherous Guard! But for sure, it's time for a King to show his mercy and [f]orgive her. Her confession clearly shows repentance! Of course, if there's financial gain something worthwile to be gained from an [e]xecution, that could be also an option.... but only if it profits me us you, my King!

rxcidDK.png
You have met our good Father Azira, skilled in the word of the LORD and in piloting spaceships! I strongly suggest you NOT to [r]eform the Bible! Women are already a plague on society, could you imagine dealing with more than one at once? Furthermore, the good Pope would be greatly saddened!

rxcidDK.png
I'd also suggest to finish exploring the Ramparts, who knows the status of our defences, and the Lord Blakemore has at his disposal fearsome troops!

Lord-Humungus-Mad-Max-Kjell-Nilsson-h1.jpg

Pictured: Lord Blakemore's army

mondblut

Arcane
Sheeshe, the thyefe vvas such a pussie. Yf vvomyn guarde with the same vygoure as they holde to theyr yll-gotten goodyes, thou shouldst dysmysse them on the spote wyth extreme prejudyce. And here I vvas about to suggeste takyng tindrli as a vvyfe as a certaine vvaye to get the keye back... Shamefur dispraye. Execute her, lyege.

For exploryng, retryevyng the keye and accessyng treasury has to be thyne fyrste pryoryty. But vvwhat dost I knovve, I am a symple jestere...

vazha

Arcane
Let's see:
* A priest called Thomas
* Is vehemently against reformation
* reluctant to help ye in divorce

Must be Cardinal Thomas Wolsey, surely? Which makes you Henry the VIII, my liege. Remember Henry? The pie-eating, wife-beheading behemoth of a man who one-upped the pope and basically started the English reformation that would culminate into creation of what is today known as Anglicanism.

If history were to be repeated, Father Azira is next in line in your long list of "people who I accused of treason because I no longer liked them", majesty.

:Waits for Thomas Moore to spawn:

Azira

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
- Who to Knight ! Well, knighting the dog would be pretty silly, so don't do that.
- Who to Jail ! Obviously the ghost. We don't hold with no ghosts no. Jail it.
- Who to Execute ! Executions are a terribly final thing to do. Let's not execute anyone. If you must, then the ghost. It's obviously a sham, a ploy to befuddle the good king.
- Should I reform the Religion ? Please don't reform the bible.
- What should I explore next ? There are many options at this point, including the rampart, the subterranean river, the village, the end of the castle. Explore the castle, rampart, village then subterrain, in that order.

Citizen

*The pup, excited as ever, doesn't leave his attempts to get the king outside for a walk around the village. He was inside all day, which makes the king think of a beautiful oriental carpet in his throne room... would be a shame if SOMETHING happened to it just before the summit, right?*

*The weird floaty figure in the catacombs never plays with the dog despite his best attempts to get the phantom's attention. Maybe a little timeout in [j]ail would teach him how to treat a royal pet?*

V_K

Arcane
Who to Jail ! Obviously the ghost. We don't hold with no ghosts no. Jail it.
- Who to Execute ! Executions are a terribly final thing to do. Let's not execute anyone. If you must, then the ghost. It's obviously a sham, a ploy to befuddle the good king.
Oh yes, definitely jail the ghost.
Thank you for your haunting applications. I'll check my schedule and return to you later tonight.

Andnjord

Arcane
wbWVOtk.png
My liege, thou should not listenth to the screams of bloodlust. We hath no reason to reform the Church, for it is a Holy Institution and shall support us in our time of need. We should keep a watchful eye on it though, but currently there is no advantage to be drawn from assailing it.

wbWVOtk.png
Tindrli broke the King's Law and and the King's Trust, there is only one punishment adequate for it. Hand her to Helly so that justice shall be done.

wbWVOtk.png
There is no reason for us to jail V_K, that ghost hath broken no law and caused no harm. Jailing it would be an act of tyranny.

wbWVOtk.png
Anyone of these locations seems a fine one for our Liege to explore, but our Majesty might as well find the Key at the Village.

wbWVOtk.png
Glory be to Our King! Glory be to Vale the Fifth!

Helly

Translating for brofists
Patron
Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
HtDIuwE.png

Bossman, my axe grows weary, it needs to do *something*, else it might rust. What do you say we try it on that lawless guy so that I can show you how efficient it is? Yeah, let me execute Tindrli. Also I've never cut no ghost before, that'd be interesting. I'm not killing any animals however. Humans I don't care but I will not kill anything furry - not now, not ever so don't ask me again.

Oh, if you're done with the castle, can you see if the blacksmith is done with my axe. That is, if you go the the village any time soon. I'm sure you love fedex quests, right bossman?

Helly

Translating for brofists
Patron

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

:whiteknight: I will do you proud, my liege.

I say, that Azira fellow seems awfully keen to remind you about something he doesn't want you to do, doesn't he? The lady doth protest too much, methinks, so yes, (R)eform the church. Since we're making this up as we go, I want a position under his Eminence Pope Vale I, so that I can be Sir Captain Cardinal Strange Fellow.

Speaking of assholes, by my knightly grace, (F)orgive Tindrli! For she has shown us her sincere repentance, and more importantly, the location of phat loot. Such deeds must not go unrewarded. I would advise you also to explore the subterranean river, which is bound to be full of dwarven gold, or something.

V_K

Arcane
I say, that Azira fellow seems awfully keen to remind you about something he doesn't want you to do, doesn't he? The lady doth protest too much, methinks, so yes, (R)eform the church. Since we're making this up as we go, I want a position under his Eminence Pope Vale I, so that I can be Sir Captain Cardinal Strange Fellow.
But what about the dog though? You know he plans to piss all over your shining armor, right? Smelly knights don't get to be cardinals.

ValeVelKal

Arcane
Final count :
We are 11 people in the court, including a Knight who count for "more". I consider a decision is taken if it collects a balance of +7 voice.

Exploration :
Castle courtyard : Azira (1)
Rampart : Dayyalu (3)
Village : Mondblut (3) for the key, Citizen (3), Endemic (1), Village (3), Helli (3)
Subterranean sea : Strange Fellow (6)
=> We shall go meet and tax my fair, though stinky, serfs in the village.

Politics :
Reform : V_K (1), Strange Fellow (6)
Do not Reform : Dayyalu (3), Azira (1), Andnjord (3)
=> Balance at 0 => NO.

Jail Ghost : Azira (1), Darth Roxxor (1), Citizen (3), Strange Fellow (6)
Do not jail ghost : Andnjord (3)
=> Balances at +8 => YES.

Knight the dog : Azira (1), Strange Fellow (6)
Execute the dog : V_K (1)
Do not Execute the dog : Helly (3)
=> Balance at +6 for Knighting the dog. Balance at -9 for executing the dog.

Execute Priest : V_K (1)
Execute Tindrli : Mondblut (3), Andnjord (3), Helly (3)
Forgive Tindrli : Dayyalu (3), Strange Fellow (6)
=> Balances at 0 => No action.

For now we go for the village and jail the ghost.

V_K

Arcane
Do not Execute the dog : Helly (3)
I think that's actually incorrect. He seems to have changed his position after considering new 100% reliable information:
So what if I tell you that the dog is really a man who used dark sorcery to turn into a dog so that he could taint the kingdom with his stink?
I'm the expert in supernatural after all, being the ghost and all.
It gets the axe.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom