Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's learn about fighting games and get murdered together.

• Thread starter Generic-Giant-Spider
  • Start date

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BROS IVE SHILLED FOR LAST BLADE 2 HERE BEFORE

ANIMATION AND ART IS GREAT BUT SOUND IS SIMPLY AMAZING

PLAYS NICE TOO THOUGH I SUCK AT FIGHTERS

Beggar

Cipher
Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 for SEGA, Fight Night Round 2-3.
And don't bother with anything else.

You can shove it up your ass Tekken and other weeaboo crap.

mushaden

Scholar
Been playing Garou on steam. It's really nice. Tonight was the first time I tried to play online and I found someone. I can always go to fightcade too I guess. I suck but it seems to be designed to be sort of casual friendly (at a level above smash bros). I also want to try Last Blade 2 and SamSho V to see how they compare as far as being casual friendly.

pakoito

Arcane
Patron
Samsho is weird in that it's not combo-based, it's mostly fundamentals such as faints, whiff punish and spacing. That makes it almost harder than combos because those skills you cannot lab in training mode. The good news is that it transfers across games.

Generic-Giant-Spider

KOF XV still slated for a 2020 release.

rocks back and forth like a crazy hobo

Falksi

Arcane
So, having just purchased Pandora's Box arcade stick, which Fighting Games should I be blasting through?

There's fucking tons of them. Jojo's Bizarre Adventure probably the best none-Street Fighter game so far

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
So, having just purchased Pandora's Box arcade stick, which Fighting Games should I be blasting through?

There's fucking tons of them. Jojo's Bizarre Adventure probably the best none-Street Fighter game so far

King of Fighters 97,98,99,00
Capcom vs SNK 1,2
Garou: Mark of the Wolves
Power Instint: Matrimelee
Rage of the Dragons

Jason Liang
Getting excited by Gacha shit is the really the lowest of the low. Kinda sad to see to what state the KoF series has degraded into. KoF should have died a quiet and beautiful death with XIII, but Chinks had to fuck it up again.

Generic-Giant-Spider

Any of the old SFs from Hyper Fighting to Third Strike, KOF 98/2002, Capcom Marvel games, CvS, GAROU.

If you want something modern Tekken 7 but it has a high learning curve, SFV even though I hate that game, Guilty Gear games, Soul Calibur VI, KOF 13/14.

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
Oh yeah, I completely forgot about Guilty Gear Xrd Revelator. It's an incredbile, and really soulful game, but the learning curve is fucking absurd, probably even harder than Tekken 7's.

Generic-Giant-Spider

Also if you're a nostalgiafag/have a love for old school fighters I love Real Bout Fatal Fury. Probably the best in the series overall, IMO.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane

un8NUUP.gif

Last edited:
I didn't know this thread was here.

I tried a little bit of KOF 2002's rollback beta, never having played a KOF before. Sadly the beta ended shortly thereafter. I've been playing 2002 in fightcade lately and getting destroyed but... wow does that netcode make a difference. I fought some guy from Turkey on a 2-bar connection and it felt less laggy than playing online with IRL friends in me area in other games.

KOF is really a lot of fun but I am terrible at it. People are in my face all day long and roll through my bullshit with impunity. Hopping, etc is no big deal in training mode but when I'm in a match it's a different story. Honestly wondering if it's not time to replace the stick. I'm still using a SF4 TE stick I got around a decade ago and it's still using stock parts. It's probably seen some wear and tear at this point.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom