Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Lilura's Blog: An Ongoing Codexian Obsession

How do you rate lilura1.blogspot.com's commentary?

• Total voters

wishbonetail

Learned
this is how resident evil fans whenever younger folks crap on fixed camera angles.
It was crap since alone in the dark except then it was a novelty.
It was always good for horror games. Nothing builds suspence like fixed angles.
Unfortunately modern devs tend to forget about this.

Butter

Arcane
Patron
Saying Wizardry 8 has aged poorly and is "unplayable" simply because of the camera radiates the same energy as that guy critisizing the PSX Final Fantasy games simply because they have no voice acting. Actually come to think of it that sounds like something she would say, anyway I guess this is how resident evil fans whenever younger folks crap on fixed camera angles.
Yeah, there are a lot of good reasons to say Wiz8 has aged poorly. Nobody is impressed with crummy 3D graphics for the sake of 3D anymore, and moving off the grid just means it take 10x longer to get anywhere. These things seemed like advancements at the time, but hindsight has shown that they were downgrades.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Empress is a female pirate?
131157_9984126.jpg

Saying Wizardry 8 has aged poorly and is "unplayable" simply because of the camera radiates the same energy as that guy critisizing the PSX Final Fantasy games simply because they have no voice acting. Actually come to think of it that sounds like something she would say, anyway I guess this is how resident evil fans whenever younger folks crap on fixed camera angles.
Yeah, there are a lot of good reasons to say Wiz8 has aged poorly. Nobody is impressed with crummy 3D graphics for the sake of 3D anymore, and moving off the grid just means it take 10x longer to get anywhere. These things seemed like advancements at the time, but hindsight has shown that they were downgrades.
Theres quite a bit of jank in wiz8 you can criticize like level banking drastically effecting the games difficulty and the world but the camera is just not one of those things. Like ok nevermind the fact that it works fine really and isn't that much of a hassle but this isn't even considering that the game is deisgned around first person view and is part of the franchises identity. Like oh no god forbid a series not be like a different series in some aspects, you don't have to like that thing whatever it is calling it a flaw and wanting it to be like other games is just odd to me since there is an audience for it. I think QTE's in action games are trash but id never look at one game that does them in particular and remove them so it can be more like Ninja Gaiden or some shit.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
And being nigh nude is practical? Well, it is for getting shagged i guess, easier to dry off, more sun burn but good body tan. Splinters in bad places, OUCH. Distracting even if it was an Amazonia crew. Woman on BOARD!!! Pirate heresy.

Don Peste

Arcane
Does Lilura still write cRPG stuff on the blog?
If you are a fan of computer role playing games (cRPGs), you will love Lilura's blog. Lilura is a passionate gamer and blogger who shares her insights, reviews, tips and tricks on various cRPGs. Whether you are looking for classic titles like Baldur's Gate, Planescape: Torment and Fallout, or newer ones like Divinity: Original Sin 2, Pillars of Eternity and Disco Elysium, Lilura has you covered. She also explores lesser-known gems and indie projects that deserve more attention. Lilura's blog is not only informative but also entertaining and engaging. She writes with humor, honesty and enthusiasm, and invites her readers to join the discussion in the comments section. You can also follow her on social media to get updates on her latest posts and gaming adventures. If you want to learn more about cRPGs and discover new ones to play, don't miss Lilura's blog! I don't know, I haven't checked her (xd) blog in a while.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Does Lilura still write cRPG stuff on the blog?
If you are a fan of computer role playing games (cRPGs), you will love Lilura's blog. Lilura is a passionate gamer and blogger who shares her insights, reviews, tips and tricks on various cRPGs. Whether you are looking for classic titles like Baldur's Gate, Planescape: Torment and Fallout, or newer ones like Divinity: Original Sin 2, Pillars of Eternity and Disco Elysium, Lilura has you covered. She also explores lesser-known gems and indie projects that deserve more attention. Lilura's blog is not only informative but also entertaining and engaging. She writes with humor, honesty and enthusiasm, and invites her readers to join the discussion in the comments section. You can also follow her on social media to get updates on her latest posts and gaming adventures. If you want to learn more about cRPGs and discover new ones to play, don't miss Lilura's blog! I don't know, I haven't checked her (xd) blog in a while.

Needs more colours like the Skittles aesthetic of a shitty 90's website to get the true experience.*

* Though it looks like (s)he cleaned it up significantly at some point, so it's not like staring into vomit at a rave.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
In a better world, there would be a Lilura onlyfans where she categorically tears apart games such as Dragon Age Inquisition like some kind of high-priced RPG dominatrix, dressed only in the most fashionable négligées of the highest quality, proving once and for all that she actually is a hot asian waifu.

future.jpg

Modron

Arcane
Sorry the codex already had a designated dommie mommie, Mistress.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom