Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Lords of the Fallen - Dark Souls clone from City Interactive

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
As a huge soulsfag, I am cautiously hype for this game.

If it gets a huge response from reviews (particularly among the souls community) then I'll probably relent and buy it soon. If it doesn't, then I'll just wait for it to hit the $5 steam bargain bin while I play through my seemingly infinite backlog.

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I actually liked ENB's preview, he explained the game mechanics and mentioned all the Souls similarities as well as few game's own features:smug:

Still probably won't buy unless I have nothing else to play.

praetor

Arcane
VaatiVidya

he almost copies ENB's video/points verbatim (it's borderline plagiarism ffs), and keeps on harping how this game is "more realistic" than Souls when 90% of your (and enemies') swings with anything heavier than a twig are so slow they'd be at a snails pace even when compared to slow-mo replays. holy fuck is he stupid. and he makes over 5k a month through patreon?! fml

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Please change the name of the thread: There was no moment in time when the developers said the opposite. In fact they stated from the beginning that they want to copy Dark Souls success.

The title is retarded.

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Well color me surprised to hear a developer actually address some questions and worries like this. Very nice.

I'm also glad to see there was no visual downgrade BS with Lords of the Fallen.

That subtle difference in rolling directions depending on the moveset seems to be a nice idea.

So, is it good, guys? Worth buying a PS4 for?

Humppaleka

Cipher
Why would you not play this on a PC is beyond me.

E: Well I guess you could buy a PS4 for this and Bloodborne, but still.

Elwro

Arcane
I played the Souls games on PS3 and tried to play Dark Souls on PC. I found the PS experience to be a lot better.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
I played the Souls games on PS3 and tried to play Dark Souls on PC. I found the PS experience to be a lot better.
Well the first DS was a really shitty port but DS2 was a good one, nothing to miss from PS3, plus you get gedosato, which is an improvement in many ways. Ok maybe you'll come against some annoying hackers in PvP, but whatever... it's souls, some things are bound to annoy you in PvP.

Perkel

Arcane
but he is right. On ps3 there rarely you can find hack characters but on PC this one big pile of hackers running with end level gear with sl1. At start it wasn't noticeable but now it seems that is a "norm"

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam

How so? Its the same game, but on PC you get better visuals and faster performance.

sser

Arcane
Developer
Damn, I bet those preview vids moved a lot of copies for this game. It does look pretty solid, IMO. Dark Souls has unbeatable atmosphere, but this game's actual combat looks more entertaining (to me, anyway).

Elwro

Arcane

How so? Its the same game, but on PC you get better visuals and faster performance.
More often than not I got GfWL login problems, and I want to play this online. Also, by 'playing on PC' I meant 'with keyboard & mouse'; after using a PS3 controller k&m feel really clunky, and no supposed graphical improvement will balance this out.

thesisko

Emissary
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
Also, by 'playing on PC' I meant 'with keyboard & mouse'
Really, you're pulling the comfy couch argument on a PC-centric website? I don't think a lot of people would make that connection anyone since many PC gamers have a 2nd PC connected their TV/projector to play console ports with in glorious 1080p/60FPS. Alternatively you can go for the poor man's version and use a cheap NUC together with Steam In-Home Streaming or just get a long HDMI cable for your desktop.

Perkel

Arcane
Really, you're pulling the comfy couch argument on a PC-centric website? I don't think a lot of people would make that connection anyone since many PC gamers have a 2nd PC connected their TV/projector to play console ports with in glorious 1080p/60FPS. Alternatively you can go for the poor man's version and use a cheap NUC together with Steam In-Home Streaming or just get a long HDMI cable for your desktop.

Mouse and keyboard in Dark Souls 1 is fucked up control scheme.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
preferably something like this :

z4LxK3Q.jpg

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam

More often than not I got GfWL login problems, and I want to play this online. Also, by 'playing on PC' I meant 'with keyboard & mouse'; after using a PS3 controller k&m feel really clunky, and no supposed graphical improvement will balance this out.

You can plug a controller on a PC too. I don't see how that counts as an argument.

So basically, it is more of a "muh console" than anything else. Very vague reasoning if you ask me. To wit, possible disconnection problems with GFWL is annoying, but walking around Blighttown at 5 FPS isn't? I was actually considering getting a PS3 but shit like that is unacceptable. How many games have poor performances like that? This is a serious issue to me because it is something that can't be fixed. And since Sony doesn't seem to give a shit about backward compatibility you cannot hope for the PS4 to come to the rescue either. Why didn't the Japanese ever adopt the PC as a gaming platform? It would have solved so many things.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam

I have a reclining couch i use for reading and all i have to do is push it two feet to the side to line it with my monitor. I'm been playing bullet hell games for more than a year now and that has been the setup i used for Dark Souls as well.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Why these enemies attack so slow? It gave me horrible flashbacks from Arcania (forgotten Gothic sequel nothing to see here) where they attack so sloooow. It's better on higher difficulty setting or mods will fix it?

WhiteGuts

Arcane
I dunno, I'm liking what I'm seeing. I didn't care for Dark Souls but I can see myself playing this, especially if dialogues actually matter in the plot.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom