Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
You're just going to hit her hard and see what happens. If she flies off into the sea that's good, if she dies even better.

Baltika9

Arcane
Then again, how do you 'take advantage of an unarmed state' if you opponent practices unarmed style of fighting?

Do we really consider the use of swords an advantage when we practice with our master? :)
lolno. There is no such thing, you're right, but I doubt her claws can melt through a legendary sword. It is a maybe for me right now.

Kz3r0

Arcane
B
Let's use the crmson blade that carries our grudge against the heavens, it's only fitting.

A

Last edited:

ChumBucket

Augur
I think I am going to go with C>B for now. Our unarmed skill is still probably our strongest assest. The Xianglong Palms will keep her at a distance and a medium reach means we have more of a radius to protect Shun.

Kz3r0

Arcane
Why do you think this blade belonged to Chi You at all?
YOur fault.
Hmmm... Chi You, the mythical king that is said to be the ancestor to the Miao people, wearing a crimson red cloak. The Scarlet Scorpion, the head of the Chi family in Guizhou. Chi Xiao, the crimson blade bestowed on the Han Emperor by an immortal and currently wielded by a mysterious swordsman.

I wonder if all of these are coincidences, or if there is a connection there somewhere.

There is also talk about Lady Ji being an immortal, and we are yet to learn about why she did reveal Jing's and Qilin's backgrounds to each other...
http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/index.php?threads/lp-cyoa-傳.85971/page-530#post-3128762

Even if I am wrong I am still in favor of going in all gun blazing blades slashing.

I have a feeling we now know why Gao Ying was missing. Smart lad, that Shun.
I wonder if our victory here might actually amuse the Gods, after all if a Tang prince can do such gambits and stand even against the will of Heaven... dis gonna be gud. :popcorn:
If not, I say fuck them, start massive zoroastrian missionary work. Ahura Mazdra FTW, fuck those whimsy douches!

From some of the data the bros have unearthed, Bandwagon is the best option here.
I'm not getting into a bone-melting claw close fight against a immortal. She prolly doesn't give a shit about us hitting her with a mean claw swipe, but if she hits us enough we die. Swords give us a distance advantage.
She's not going to go after Shun while we slash at her with two legendary swords and a wodao. One of them we can even swing with the silk so extra distance advantage.

Gah, we should't have let Cao'er go to the Sword Saint.
We have to defeat or delay her until someone else shows up to back us up. Gao Ying, Bai Jiutian, anybody. I would accept even Nie Wuxing right now.

Elfberserker

Liturgist
A

We are used at dodging lethal unarmed attack.
Our claws might be not as legendary, but I bet they will do the job.

tropic

Scholar
Edit: After looking at the sword techniques, I think we want to avoid them. They seem to better for fencing.

I think A will be the best, as our strength and speed in a balls-out offensive will be best against a caster-type.

edit again: It seems like Gao Ying did something to "profane" the sacred ground, which destroyed the altar and has (hopefully) made her susceptible to "mortal" attacks.

Last edited:

Absinthe

Arcane
Voting A. I don't think we'll have the opportunity to grab the Chixiao Sword. It's clear that if we show the slightest opening, she'll kill us both. Reaching for an extra sword seems to be one of those things. As for bone-dissolving moves, chaos qi does funny things to moves that require extreme purity.

Besides, our sword techniques are weaker than our unarmed techniques.

Last edited:

treave

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012
I don't think you should be discarding the legendary sword you are the most familiar with prior to going in for a sword fight, but if you insist on having the Xuanyuan Sword, I'll add another option.

Akkudakku

Arbiter
Btw treavo are all the swords in this setting copper?
Or are there different materials?

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
The Chi Xiao sword is tied to a silk string that we still have (or I assume we still do - why else mention that it is wrapped in silk?). Should we want to grab it, we don't even need to reach for it.

Not a fan of getting close and personal with an immortal banking on our superior stats alone - we don't know the boundaries of the abilities of the immortals in the first place. Xuezi thrashed the whole Eight Sects single-handedly once.

Baltika9

Arcane
I don't think you should be discarding the legendary sword you are the most familiar with prior to going in for a sword fight, but if you insist on having the Xuanyuan Sword, I'll add another option.
Not to mention Chi You kinda hates it.

Anyway, votan C> B stove I like our plan for C and B seems like the cunning plan that wet pulled off against the Sword Demon. The Choxiao is tethered to us, so any gambit we'll set up won't suffer from a distraction.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom