Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

[LP CYOA] 傳

Discussion in 'Choose Your Own Adventure Land' started by treave, Aug 29, 2013.

1. Absinthe Arcane

Absinthe
    Well, the point would be to do that while she is still getting started. And Jing is good at mustering up effort when he should be down for the count.

^ Top  
  2. Elfberserker Liturgist

Elfberserker
    AAABA I think.

Qilin and Yunzi might need backup, so Armaiti Murondi Yandi might be good idea.

Rest of the company should go after shun and Miss Song and Guo Fu will nice have, if we need to convince Taishan and Kunlun discpline that we are on same side for now.

Edit: Flopped to AAABA

Last edited: Jun 18, 2014
    ^ Top  
  3. ChumBucket Augur

ChumBucket
    All our DISCUSS over the last choice amounted to a fart in the wind. :lol:
    AABAA.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  4. Absinthe Arcane

Absinthe
    AAABA

That would leave our crew as Jing, Gao Ying, Guo Fu, Song Lingshu, Armaiti, and Xuezi. We could use Armaiti's help and Shun would obtain a proper pretext for giving the Fire Cult amnesty.

Also, I think sword skills will be needed there, so Murong Yandi is our best bet to back up the girls if anything happens.

^ Top  
  5. Nevill Arcane

Nevill
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    It may be too early to tell, but it appears that we have made reasonably good choices so far.

Now that we've agreed to carry it together, Wuxing can't make off with the sword without it looking like a theft of something equally shady, and that is not what you want to do with the royal sword.

I would have been extremely uneasy if I had to let Qilin go after her step-father (and I bet her mother is nearby) without having met them the night before and resisting their attempts to get at her. Now she have decided on her path and is not going to be swayed from it.

Maybe we have finally found our opportunity to serve the state and the Emperor and get that amnesty for the Fire Cult. Oh, and the Emei would be ecstatic if we manage to save the Emperor as their voice and representative.

I am thinking our Nie team is stretching itself a bit thin at the moment. The absense of Cao'er is going to be strongly felt in the aftermath, I'm afraid. I guess we might want to reinforce them with Yandi, since I don't see if there is a better use for him.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  6. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    He was caught by surprise with the first move and already down when she got started. And all the willpower in the world doesn't help if you're physically unable to do something at that point in time.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  7. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    I don't feel comfortable with sending just Yunzi, Qilin and Yandi after the Douchebag Council. Everyone there is Wuxing's patsy or in his pocket. I'd rather we send Armaiti (give her permission to KO the girls and drag them away if things get too hot) and Yandi with them.
    AABBA

^ Top  
  8. Grimgravy Augur Patron

Grimgravy
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
  9. Nevill Arcane

Nevill
    treave, it is a bit unclear to me from the update, but did people realize the Emperor was with them? It looks like Madam Nie did, but what about the rest of them? It does not look like it.

If so, why do Su Liaojing and Liu Qi pursue the woman?

Edit: ah, nevermind.

^ Top  
  10. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    You know, bros, I get the feeling that Shun was planning for this all along, to separate the wheat from the chaff:
    Seems very perfect and rehearsed. I guess we'll see.

^ Top  
  11. Azira Arcane Patron

Azira
    Codex 2012
    He's secretly eloping? :hero:

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  12. Absinthe Arcane

Absinthe
    Hm, that would make sense. The Emperor would be the best person to have the First Emperor's grave excavated.

At any rate, I really think we should have Armaiti try to rescue Shun. That would earn the Fire Cult cred for amnesty in the great plains. Shun already told us to keep our eyes open for opportunities to have the Fire Cult serve the emperor. This seems to be it.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Nevill Arcane

Nevill
    Didn't understand he was referring to Shun either.

Damn, I am getting sloppy.

^ Top  
  14. treave Arcane Patron

treave
    Codex 2012
    Yup. That's confirmation of at least one person knowing.

^ Top  
  15. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    Wouldn't the Fire Lord rescuing him be enough? Anyway, I'm not too hung up on sending Armaiti specifically, just that I think a three person party isn't good enough to send after Wuxing's gang. She's just our best candidate right now.

^ Top  
  16. Absinthe Arcane

Absinthe
    I'm not so sure. I think Jing needs demonstrate that the Fire Cult under his rule would assist the emperor.

^ Top  
  17. Akkudakku Arbiter

Akkudakku
    BABAA

Shun depends on us going so lets not ok? :troll:

Also Armaiti goes with waifus so they are safer. Guo Fu goes for the non ambiguous situation.
    Lingshu goes chasing for rep. Yandi goes to prowide firepower for Lingshu.

^ Top  
  18. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    Isn't that what saving him ourself will do? We are the Cult's leader, our actions reflect on the whole faction.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Absinthe Arcane

Absinthe
    With his rep, it's hard to convince folks that Jing isn't just going off on his own, like always.

He needs to actually demonstrate some leadership over the cult and prove they are trustworthy, I think.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. Baltika9 Arcane

Baltika9
    That's actually a good point, people will know they can trust Jing, who is a Han born and bred, but the Cult itself may be a different story for the Eight Sects. Yeah, we can earn them amnesty from THE EMPRAH, but having one of the Ameshas fighting alongside them to rescue Shun will earn them trust from the Sects themselves.
    Then we must send Yandi with the girls.

^ Top  
  21. TOME Cuckmaster General

TOME
    AABBA

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  22. Nevill Arcane

Nevill
    No, it isn't.

As long as we are their leader and they follow our lead, it should not matter to people.

A leader and its organisation are one. Why were we so cautious trying not to offend anyone after becoming the Fire Lord, if not for that fact?

The BRO sects and their spokesmen (Fangci and Guo Fu) accept the cultists (Yunzi and Armaiti) because they trust us and we vouch for them. That's how it works. That happened with Lingshu and Yifang, too. They didn't need any other proof but our word.

Now, the other sects (i.e. UNBRO ones) are another matter, but again, their problem does not lie with the Cult alone, but with us.

^ Top  
  23. Absinthe Arcane

Absinthe
    TOME, yep.

Nevill, except it clearly does matter:
    Shaolin is taking a wait-and-see stance on this. We need to show something.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. Nevill Arcane

Nevill
    That... actually raises more questions than it answers. :? :lol:

^ Top  
  25. Elfberserker Liturgist

Elfberserker
    Flopping to AAABA

I think Absinthe is right on money about bringing Armaiti with us.
    I am still little scared with Yurondi Mandi being only support for Qilin and Armaiti.

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.