Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

[LP CYOA] 傳

Baltika9

Arcane
Bro, no one does that shit sober. Except treave.

Absinthe

Arcane
Right. Fixed. I think. Feel free to double check some more.

I didn't exactly put much effort into that tally, and I took a break partway through. That's how I missed those votes.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

Prediction: D is the win, B is a win but die in the process, C get's Shun killed, but you survive, A gets you and Shun both killed, E too probably.

I am bit surprised that I am not only one to count votes wrong.
Wat? You couldn't have been worse than the last time I did it. Disaster.

Baltika9

Arcane
Prediction: D is the win, B is a win but die in the process, C get's Shun killed, but you survive, A gets you and Shun both killed, E too probably.

Wat? You couldn't have been worse than the last time I did it. Disaster.
Prediction:
A- death by dismemberment.
B- death by bifurcation and beheading. Not necessarily in that order.
C- death by falling.
D- death by karmic irony.
E- death by Chi You's FUUUUUUU-

Nevill

Arcane
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Prediction: D is the win
Well, excuse me for doubting that.
She will kill the both of you if you try to grab Shun and run.

She will kill Shun if you do not occupy anything less than her full attention.

She will kill you if you make so much as a single mistake in battle.
[...]
D. All you need to do is to play safe, hold out and attempt to use your qi-absorption ability to weaken her at the same time.

Prediction:
A- death by dismemberment.
B- death by bifurcation and beheading. Not necessarily in that order.
C- death by falling.
D- death by karmic irony.
E- death by Chi You's FUUUUUUU-
The twist is, of course, that all the deaths are ours.

She will kill the both of you if you try to grab Shun and run.

She will kill Shun if you do not occupy anything less than her full attention.

She will kill you if you make so much as a single mistake in battle.
[...]
D. All you need to do is to play safe, hold out and attempt to use your qi-absorption ability to weaken her at the same time.
Meh. At this point, using taiji and the drain to defend Shun and wear her down is about as "safe" as we can get without running and leaving Shun to die. I could easily quote those same lines and make all the other choices seem daunting btw.

Baltika9

Arcane
Except that this isn't the time to play it safe and use our mediocre skills (drain+taiji, which we aren't good at).
Either trickery (B) or sticking to our best area of expertise: brutal, balls-deep, masculine fisticuffs.

Except that this isn't the time to play it safe and use our mediocre skills (drain+taiji, which we aren't good at).
Good enough to defeat the elders of the shaolin and end a fight between 2 great sword wielders and a master.
or sticking to our best area of expertise: brutal, balls-deep, masculine fisticuffs.
...and hope she doesn't melt those balls off at close range.

Baltika9

Arcane
Elders that were lower in neigong than us. This is an immortal, even if depowered. Not really optimistic about draining a battery of neigong.
and end a fight between 2 great sword wielders and a master.
You're overplaying it. The only reason they stopped was because OMG MAN TIGER PIG WITH YUCHANG AND TAIJI. Sword Dwmon broke our Taiji in our first serious fight.

edit: and B, you're the one overplaying by saying we suck. We do not. Lower neigong helps with WQS, but we were able to learn the drain ability by draining Yang, who is much neigong doggie meme and the sword demon was a sword demon.
If an immortal can melt our balls off, we dont deserve them.
tombstone.jpg

Nevill

Arcane
Well, it would be fitting, for one. Very Nietzschean-esque.

Just like we've become possessed by fighting the Sword Demon, so in trying to undermine the Grand Eunuchs we will become one. "He who fights with monsters..." and all that.

edit: and B, you're the one overplaying by saying we suck. We do not.
We do. What do you think the process is like?

Either trickery (B) or sticking to our best area of expertise: brutal, balls-deep, masculine fisticuffs.
Just curious. What trickery you expect there to be in B? The impression I've got is that it will be a straight fight.

Last edited:

Akkudakku

Arbiter
Floppan to E>A. Absinthe you will be blamed.

Also Y U NO grow a pair and vote E guyse?

Nevill

Arcane
*sigh*

I am drawing a blank. I got nothing.

I'll be voting C. Since she is readying her palms, we might as well ready ours and see if the strongest known palm technique lives up to its name when confronted with its legendary antipode. Also, just in case 'Dragon Subduing Eighteen Palms' is not a play on words and are really meant to subdue Dragons, particularly of the Holy kind. :M
The Fierce Dragon Crosses the Great Rivers - A defensive palm strike that exerts strong qi pressure to push the enemy away, preventing them from closing in.

The Cloud Dragon Sees No Rain – A feinting move that does not land, but draws the opponent in for a follow-up attack.

The Lone Dragon Battles in the Wilderness – A powerful single palm strike executed from a stable, standing stance, relying on qi projection to batter the opponent.

The Six Dragons’ Heavenly Dance – A quick combination of six consecutive palm strikes aimed to confuse the enemy.

The Dragon Frolics In The Sea – A playful, defensive palm movement that can deflect and redirect attacks.

The Frost Dragon Pierces The Ice – A palm strike consecutively executed twice on the same spot, the first a yin-dominant soft attack, the second a yang-dominant hard attack. Useful in breaking past qi defenses.
These look like they might work. They serve to redirect and confuse the enemy while keeping them at bay. The last move is also suitable for disrupting qi defenses, which we suspect the celestial might have in the form of Xuantiedun.

The finisher also looks impressive:
The Dragon’s Flight Shakes The Earth – Summoning every ounce of qi in the practitioner’s body for a desperation attack, a double palm strike that exudes the most power in the technique.
If that does not disable her, I don't know what else will.

tropic

Scholar
I was thinking that unarmed is our strongest, but we do have two legendary swords at hand. It would seem odd to just drop them and go at her. The question is: if her Jiuyin allows her to block weapons - does that include these very special swords?

Akkudakku

Arbiter
I was thinking that unarmed is our strongest, but we do have two legendary swords at hand. It would seem odd to just drop them and go at her. The question is: if her Jiuyin allows her to block weapons - does that include these very special swords?
A weapon is a weapon is a weapon. So Id say yes it does.

And I flop AGAIN E>C>A. Those options look the best against her yin defences.

And that E is of course to see just what would happen.

Last edited:

tropic

Scholar
Well, if that's what you think - let's get up close and personal with destiny.

:D

Flopping A > B

Last edited:

2376936-0175006112-leapi.gif

Flopping to D>B>C since B isn't getting its share of the votes and Nevill came up with the a decent argument for C. A is the path of lemmings.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nevill

Arcane
Hey! Stop flopping to C, guys! I chose it specifically as the option that won't win so that I could have my blaming rights, and now you are ruining it. :rpgcodex:

Also, where do you get your lemmings, Lambchop? We should have run out of them back when we contemplated fighting Zhang Jue.

Well, we didn't actually fight him, so they survived. Suicide prevention for lemmings intervened at the last moment or something.
You know lemmings though - they always find a new cliff... :popamole:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom