Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software Lyric Suite's own Sekiro corner

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I really enjoyed this boss. The way that he breaks the walls of the bridge and how far back he gets pushed when you deathblow him was the perfect amount of hints for my moderately dumb ass. I think I had to deathblow him twice before I caught on. Always nice when the challenge is just right.

It was a bit weird that the spear armour stripping didn't have an effect on him, though. Feels like if there's any enemy it should work on, it'd be him.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
I checked his wiki and apparently the game tells you flat out what to do:

After posture breaking him the third time:
"Ugh! Trying to topple me off the edge?! Do not kick my prized armor!"

Just not right away.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
~ Wash Yo Penis ~
Alright, after winning my fight with the Armored Warrior by accidentally pushing him off the edge without knowing i was supposed to do that, it's now time to finally breach that big temple:

Pff, dogs. Come on now, this is so quaint at this point:

Couple of ninja stars solves the problem. As expected, as soon as i kill the first one, another one decided to show up, and he gets a ninja star to his face too:

Around i find a fourth one, and after killing him i now take a view of what's waiting for me up ahead:

On the right, i see another dog, and after shooting him with a shuriken another one comes to get his due as well. Routine now. On the left, i find a pond, and i see there's actual carps swimming in it:

(those fuckers actually swam out of view as soon as i pressed F12 and didn't notice so i had to come back to take this shot, sheesh)

I actually had completely forgotten about that strange guy inside that jar in the Hirata Estate. I need to go visit him as soon as i find a Sculptor's Idol as i now have a bunch of those carp scales saved up.

I jump in the water to kill them, then rope my way up to get a closer look of what's going on up there:

Behind me i see a nugget on the roof over there:

And from there i actually see a way i can use to try to flank that group up ahead:

I leap across those branches and land safely behind that structure:

I easily take out that monk over there and as i turn around i spot another. He gets his due as well:

Coast is still clear, nice:

This is going great so far. I now climb my way up trying my best to flank those two up there, and i end up on the left side of the temple:

I make my way to pick up that nugget and on the side i see there's a way to get in, but inside i see a bunch of those pesky nimble midgets:

I'll come back later for this i need to clean up the place first. Dispatching the remaining monks on the front of this temple is trivial, and after making sure i didn't miss anything on this side i decide to make my way down a path i spotted when i killed the last two dogs. I can't even make two steps down when yoooo, monkeys!

(i actually needed to come back here because i HAD to have a shot of the first one jumping at my face lmao)

As i make my way down, moar monkeys weeeeee:

Compared to dogs it takes two shurikens to kill them but honestly they aren't even hard. Lmao monke death blows:

Also, monke butt:

Ho this guy, i see where i am now:

Well, so long:

This place is absolutely littered with those dead bodies, and all the loot is Mibu Balloons of Spirit. The cosmic wrath those monks are going to incur is going to be something else:

As expected, i now find myself on the other side of that bridge, where i spot one of those annoying straw hat wearing bastards. I think this game broke my mind because i now start taunting the AI like an imbecile:

He tries to shoot darts at me but i'm out of reach. For the next several seconds, i actually move left and right with a big grin on my face:

Until i realize i'm just trying to mess with a bunch of scripts and algorithms.

Coming to my senses, it's now time to storm the temple, but not before taking the ubiquitous beauty shot:

BTW, i get it now, those are the rejuvenating waters children (i mean kinda duh):

The White Peenwheel is likely that of a Divine Child, and it's definitely not Kuro (not that i tried to actually talk to him or anything to make sure lol). It also cannot be Lord Takeru as i get a sense he died a long time ago, so there has to be another one here.

Anyway, i'm inside the temple now, and up ahead i see those three short nimble guys. I have no idea how i can get past those guys, so i resort to the first thing that comes up in my mind, just charge recklessly and see what happens. As soon as the patrol going in and out of the temple clears, i make an attempt at one of the two midgets facing the main gate:

This ends in complete and utter disaster lmao:

I run out of the hole as fast as i can. Man are they pissed, one of the monks is literally shaking his first at me in impotent rage because they can't jump over this hole and can't get to me:

I make my way to the roof to see if i can at least count how many there are, and they spot me right away and start wrecking my shit with projectiles:

I sprint to the other side of the roof and run into another one of those midget guys, i guess he was here the whole time. I kill him even as the ones down there are still hitting me with those venomous flying knives but as i manage to almost make my escape another one gangs me so i just decide to fuck it and reset the whole thing:

Alright, round two motherfuckers. So this time i figure, maybe i can clear the monks inside before trying the midgets outside. Thin out the horde at least. I sneak my way in (i now notice that the third midget guy always starts moving as soon as i approach the hole. This gives me an idea for later), and take a good look of what's inside:

Another one of those stupid filthy zombies. I can do this, just Ninjutsu the one with the staff and the kung fu monks should be easy picking. Here we go, ready?

BAM:

I move to kill the stunned kung fu monk and i get too close to the smelly zombie, where suddenly HOLY SHIT, he hasn't washed his penis for so long it literally mutated into a fucking monster:

I try to spar with him and he wrecks my shit:

BTW it appears they kill those people inside the temples than just dump their bodies all over the place without care. What a frikking mess this place is. There's one kung fu monk left. I manage to dispatch him and after healing i try to use fire on the bastard:

It does some damage but now the midgets outside are alerted and are coming to ruin my shit. Time to reset it again as i just NEED to know how FromSoft intended you to get through this part without getting into a chaotic slugfest.

I make a third try (btw with this Demon Bell on i'm racking a shit ton of stuff it's obscene), which ends up no better than the other one. I try to use the spear prosthetic which works well but then he pulls this thing on me, which not only does a ton of damage but heals him too:

Ok, this isn't gonna work. Try to get a new plan. I reset it once more, and now i make a run for the midget patrol before he gets too close to the other two midgets facing the main gate. Success!

Nobody noticed me, either on the front or in the back. I now make my way to the roof, as i'm clearly meant to clean those midgets before anything else. I slowly sneak on the side and spot one from afar. Easy:

But while i was approaching him, i heard a noise and looking down i see the two aren't there anymore. Glancing up i manage to spot them at the last second:

I very much doubt i alerted them this has to be scripted. On the left side, i see a patrol:

After killing him unseen, i carefully poke my ahead on the other side, and i now see the two midgets are patrolling in the opposite direction of one another, one left, the other one on the right all the way to the other side. The one on the left spots me as soon i get over the hump of the roof, so i had to kill him in open combat. I think though were i to make another attempt i could easily sneak up on him by going over the slant of this roof a little further down than i did. The one on the right is however easy picking:

I can now retry the temple. After yet another Ninjutsu i'm left with two kung fu monks but i can easily fight them outside the courtyard, but only one of them actually follows me out while the other goes back to his business, which i thought was kinda of funny:

I now got the dick guy for myself:

I'm now wondering if the loot behind him contains something that might help me to deal with him. Turns out it's just shit:

Not that i now need to bother with him, but i figured it might be fun to see if i can find a way to deal with him and having tasted his dick a few times (shit that came out all wrong), i think i can handle him now!

Just a little video to showcase how to deal with this guy if anybody cares to know (you don't need to, but honor demands it after i got my ass handed to me the first time!). You basically have to deflect his attacks until you see the underbelly of the centipede dick. You get a brief moment then where you can hit him safely. You can try setting him on fire, which does ok damage, or you can hit him with the sword. I found the spear prosthetic is also good but that's kinda of cheating. When i said to "deal with him" i meant upfront approach, no pussying around his attacks!

It's a bit time consuming and requires some good concentration but it can be done. Since this was my third time i faced him my deflections were still a bit esitant but it's not hard once you figure out how his patterns work (don't even need to learn any moveset, just deflect until you see the underside of the centipede). Just don't get too close or he'll do that grab attack. He can still do it from a distance but it's not hard to dodge then, even if you may end up taking a bit of chip damage.

Last edited:

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
BTW, i've been making great speed with those updates as of late. I got a ton of unexpected free time this past couple of weeks so i'm taking advantage while it lasts.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Umm...I thought the centipede dude always comes back unless...later in the game (no spoiler)? Shit, been a few years since I played last.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Ho yeah, he just gets up again and again but i didn't bother recording that as there was no point. His resurrect timer is a little longer than the other one that just vomited bugs.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Isn't this how it's done? I'm actually having fun doing it.

I wouldn't be playing the game in the time i'm uploading screenshots and stuff anyway. Generally i play for an hour at a time, only rarely more, and after that if i got free time i just end up lazying around or shitpost on the internet. The best time for me to play the game is after i have my coffee, so on weekends i do an hour after breakfast, an hour after launch and an hour after dinner.

The only exception are bosses, where i can sometimes spend two or three hours at a time on them. Ususally the reason why i can only play for an hour at a time is that after that i get saturated and i feel i'm not "enjoying" the game anymore, just grinding forward, which kinda defeats the purpose of playing them. With bosses this problem doesn't apply, at least not as much.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
For me saturation, more like fatigue, comes way later, after 5-6 hours session. But usually I just need to eat something, clean up around my apartment, go for a run or some such, an hour of break and I'm good to go again.

That said on my first run of my first soulslike - DS1 - I was nolifing that shit for about 13 hours straight. I was just totally engrossed in the game.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
I don't know, could be an age thing, or a brain fog thing, but after an hour, hour and half tops, i'm spent and i can't enjoy the game anymore. Sure, i can play it more, but the experience would be diminished and that like i said kinda defeats the purpose. It's probably one of the reasons it takes me so long to finish most games. Hell, took me three weeks to finish Armored Core 6 and that was only normal game, i didn't even touch NG+ or NG++.

This applies to other things as well btw. All my hobbies work in the same way. If i have the whole day free, i usually do an hour of gaming when i wake up, then i got out and do an hour or an hour and a half of reading outside, then when i come back i either shitpost on the internet of watch some youtube or old TV show. After launch it's the same routine and after dinner if i'm not going out with friends i just watch a movie after the usual hour of gaming.

The last time i did gaming sessions lasting over 10 hours was raiding in WoW and that was in my 20s.

I don't know, could be an age thing, or a brain fog thing, but after an hour, hour and half tops, i'm spent and i can't enjoy the game anymore.

Could be an age thing because I am also doing way shorter gaming sessions now than I could before, at least when it comes to single players. I can still get excited enough about battling other people in multiplayer games though, but it must be because it's more fresh to me as I only started really getting into them once I reached my 30s. Felt like I needed something fresh after my body forced me to quit booze forever with a pancreatitis attack, so now I'm enjoying getting raped on Starcraft II ladder lol. With single players the game has to be exceptionally exciting for me to sit in front of it longer than 1-2 hours at a time.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
~ Endurance Test ~
So, after leaving the dick monster to play with himself, i leap over the roof and i see i have a LOT to clear and no Sculptor's Idol in sight. Because on my last trip here i didn't clear the side with the monkeys with the giant at the end, i do it now as it's an easy way to get back some Emblems without injuring myself. Upon returning, i now see i have multiple paths to take. On the left, i see that big temple and next to it a ledge i can climb to:

Up ahead, there's a path that leads to that fire i spotted earlier form afar:

And on the right there's an entire different structure:

Once again, i flip a coin and end up climbing that ledge, where i come face to face with a rat midget guy:

He is bound to see me if i rush him so i used one of those ceramic things and do the usual routine with them, lure then attack when they turn back:

I can now scout ahead from a good vantage point. Below, i get a closer look of that fire, and i see there's several kung fu monks walking about:

No problem, that's trivial, but looking left i see something new: a giant with a wooden shield:

It has also dawned on me i have no idea what those monks with the hood actualy do. So far i killed them in stealth never actually tried to fight one of them in open combat, which i now realize was stupid as i have no idea how tough they are.

I make my way back, and i see there's a way to go even higher:

I rope my way to the that tree branch then climb on a ledge, where i see there's a third guy patrolling:

I then jump over the roof on the left to get a full view of what's going on down there:

Behind me there's that whole giant temple i've been eying for a while now:

Not going there yet obviously.

Out of options, i decide to try that building on the far right. I land on it, and as i step down from one of the roofs i see an opening. I peek into it and i see like a bigger version of that guy with the claws i met in the Demon Bell temple. I lock on him and sure enough it's a boss:

He seems to have a few of the little ones around him. I check on the other side of this building and there's an opening there:

I accidentally climb down instead of up (for some reason i've been hitting B to make Wolf crawl around faster in the ledges and i foget in this game that just drops you off the ledge altoghether. After all this time, i still do it).

Behind me, i see there's a whole other path that goes all the way up:

I scout ahead a little but no Sculptor's Idol on this side either. My endurance is once again being taxed, and i kinda of like it. I hope this keeps up for the rest of the game. Before going up this path, i check to see if i can actually blimb back to that building. At first it doesn't seem so, but after making a few attempts i saw the Ledge Hang pop up:

Sure enough, a couple more tries and i'm now back up the roof. I check the hole again and i see a cool golden Buddha statue from this side:

I take the plunge and land right next to it:

And the second i land some of the bastards behind me begin to get antsy, but in the end i remain unseen. I turn around only to see a very ugly picture:

So not only he had a couple of little versions of himself around him but there's two more up here likely ready to drop if i ever jumped on the boss. I carefully make my way towards the first and take him out:

I soon after take the second one and now i look down to where the entrance was and there's that other one i saw from that side:

I take the plunge but could already see there was a second one that was already getting antsy. I hurry and make a leap before the one in front gets alerted too:

I then easily kill the other one in combat. I now understand why those things were so easy. They were likely designed to be part of this particular boss fight. I now decide against doing this boss as i still have a little bit to go before the next skill point and i might as well get that before risking getting killed.

So i start making my way up that path and wtf is this:

I got up a ledge nearby to get a better look and they got to be kidding me:

I make my way all the way up and i'm now facing that fire from the opposite side. One of the monks start moving right towards me and passes me by:

I easily take him out and i'm now real close to leveling to the next skill point:

Behind me, i see i'm now right on top of those damn wolves:

Not much i can do but just unload shurikens at them, wasting things i could need eslewhere. I wait until there's only a couple of them left which i decide to take out on my own to save up on Emblems. As i admire my handiwork i pick up that loot and it's a stupid Mibu Balloon lmao:

I now return up there and easily take out the other two monks, didn't even need to use Ninjutsu i killed them without alerting anybody. I turn around and start going up to see if i can spot the giant with the shield, and indeed they appear to be coming down:

I can't see the third one from here so i try to move around this rock, where i almost bumped into this bastard:

I kill him, then decide to backtrack and try to take out the giant with the shield and the two hooded guys another way. On the way i climb on that fire to see if they are burning bodies but apparently it's just wood. I find some loot there all the same:

From here, i make my way all the way back to the higest point, to see if i can kill the second hooded guy by himself. I see him come up then he stops:

So i wait for him to turn around to make my dash. And i wait. And i wait. Apparently, he is now stuck like this. I don't get it he was going up and down but now he just stands there and doesn't move. Frustrated, i go down and try to get the shielded giant and the other guy while this one apparently is stuck up here. I'm almost about to take the plunge where i spot a fourth one:

Enough of this shit. I quickly make my way towards him and kill him. Right after i take the plunge on the shielded giant:

It's now time to see what those hooded monks can do. Apparently they don't do shit, just throw bombs at me that are easy to avoid and die in a couple of hits. Talk about an anti-climax. That fucker is still standing up there, frozen into this position:

I kill him and now i got the run of the place, except i still can't find that Sculptor's Idol and i still have that boss to do. While i'm good when it comes to XP for skill points but i have over 4000 sens and it's gonna be a bitch to lose them. I decide to actually make my way towards that large temple in the faint hope of finding a Sculptor's Idol. I kill all the monks on the way up, without of course failing to spot this little goodie:

And from one of the windows, i see some faint blue glow that may or may not be that of a Sculptor's Idol, it's hard to say. I turn around the corner hoping i can get a better view from the other side, and i'm now in front of this nonsense:

Is that a four bladed straw hat guy wtf am i looking it. I try getting a little closer and holy shit it's two of those guys standing back to back each facing the other side:

How in the living fuck am i supposed to get past this? Lmao.

This is way worse than any boss so i reluctantly go back to the claw guy. I guess i could port back, unload my sens, kill the guy and just jump my way back here but out of principle i decide not to do it. The game wants to test my stamina so be it!

I go back to the building with the claw boss and now see another of those little ones on the beam in front of mine. I guess one of the two small ones decided to jump up here from below while i wasn't looking. I had to take him out in a hurry and by some miracle i didn't aggro the boss. Only one extra guy left. I could be a pussy now and get a deathblow on the boss but i decide to be a chad and stealth kill the remaining add instead and do the boss legit. Fuck all of it.

Ok, if you read my progress narrative up to here, you'll know what i mean when i say talk about an endurance test. I drop down this thing having no idea what i was getting into and he just starts hammering at me, and just keeps going. The deflections aren't hard to make, but it seems this is a battle between his posture and mine, and it seems i'm losing this contest. I end up having to kite the damn thing while i recovered from posture damage and i started to worry i wasn't gonna win this. That is until i realized i was actually missing the last deflection, which was causing all the posture damage. I manage to get it right and now i see we are about even when it comes to posture damage, that is until he makes a low perilous attack which i instinctively jump over and that is what finally gives me the edge i needed. After the first deathblow, the second one was easy now that i knew what to do. This area is great but now that's two gimmick boss fights in a row and i'm just longing for one of those vanilla general min-bosses now.

Now that i killed the thing, which was easier than i expected, i return to the actual boss of this section i guess, the twin straw hat guys. I inch my way towards them, ready to bolt as soon as they see me, and suddenly i see a third one pop around a corner:

I'm now feeling quite fatigued. I had to go through monks, monkeys, dick centipede guy, more monks, giants, dogs, a mini-boss and now this shit and still no check point in sight. I'm forced to flank them and i'm surprised they have not seen me yet:

I'm getting the feeling they programmed those two particular guys to have a lower vision range as i should have alerted them by now. I keep flanking them, and jumping across a couple of grappling points i reach the one making the rounds around the corner and do a surprise stealth kill on him without getting spotted by those other two:

I turn around the corner in a hurry just in case, and i'm now faced with more shit to explore:

I make a right to the big building in the feint hope of finding a Sculptor's Idol there and just wtf is this:

I stare at this insanity in disbelief, but i have no choice except keep going. Expecting more horrors to come, around the corner i finally manage to discover salvation instead lol:

Man now this was intense.

Centipede is the most braindead miniboss in the game, just spam deflect with occasional jump on head. I didn't die to him once, not even on first run when I was absolutely terrible at the game.

Last edited:

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Yeah took me a while to figure out why is LS having so much trouble with this clown. He was indeed missing the last parry and also forgoing a chance to slash the dildo once or twice. Also his perilous is very exploitable and he did it only once here, as opposed to several times on all my runs.

This area is great but now that's two gimmick boss fights in a row and i'm just longing for one of those vanilla general min-bosses now.
Sweet summer child.

Last edited:

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I died a couple of times to this bozo because I was trying to be too precise with my parry timings. Turns out that yeah, you just mash that buttan and he basically kills himself.

When are you two getting to Sword Saint Isshin? Everything before him is just lubrication for your butt, to prepare you for his sweet attentions.

Oh please, Sekiro is not exactly a narrative game which you play for the plot... You fight a bunch of bosses in sequence (and various henchmen in between), and the last one will perform a large number of enemas on you, using a variety of sharp objects.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Yeah took me a while to figure out why is LS having so much trouble with this clown. He was indeed missing the last parry and also forgoing a chance to slash the dildo once or twice. Also his perilous is very exploitable and he did it only once here, as opposed to several times on all my runs.

Well, it was my first try so i think i did well. Also don't forget i have that Demon Bell on. The fact they do more damage doesn't mean much but they also do more posture damage and are more resistant to your own posture damage in return:

• It makes your game harder by increasing all combat stats of enemies:
    • Higher vitality damage;
    • Higher posture damage, your posture will be broken easier;
    • Higher vitality damage resistance;
    • Higher posture damage resistance;

In Dark Souls the health and damage boost to enemies and bosses is something you barely notice in NG+ or NG++, especially once you get good at the game (if you don't get hit, there's no extra damage), but posture damage and posture resistance is harder to ignore i think.

Even with the Demon Bell on though this boss was stupid. I have a feeling the way it was designed originally was to force you to deal with adds by locking you in a boss fog. His simplistic patterns make sense if the thing is chasing you around while you are struggling to clean the room of extra adds, kinda of like a repeat of the Capra Demon. Leaving the area open like this where you can just clean the whole room without engaging the boss kinda felt cheap. Like someone at management told them a locked boss fight would have been too much so they told the devs to change it. Afer all, the whole place feel like you were meant to just jump up and down those wooden beams, which you definitely do not need to do if you are just facing the boss by himself.

Last edited:

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
~ Reject Monke, Return to Humanity? ~

So, i finally made it. This temple complex is impressive, much art direction:

With a Sculpor's Idol this close, i can only assume i'm near a major boss battle. So before clicking on that thing, i decide to explore the place a bit. As i turn around, i hear some strange gongs and clanking. Turns out it's just me stepping over shit:

For a couple of seconds i have some fun kicking those things around, try to create my own Gamelan tune. My retardation having been satisfied, i make a few rounds, checking out the place. Those immortal zombies appear to be all over the place. There's some goodies here and there but nothing special:

I climb up the cieling and notice the big Buddha guy is holding some loot in his hands. I land there and i'm now literally face to face with his divine majesty:

Yo, Buddha guy, mind if i take this? Turns out it is one of those Dragon Droplets. Nice, i hope i'm not gonna get bad karma for taking it. To clean up the place i'm forced to aggro a bunch of those zombies but meh, i can just rest to make them go quiet again. On my way to the Idol, i notice i can open this door, which instantly aggros those two guys out there:

So i rest up to reset it, and while i'm there i pop another Prayer Necklance, which gives me a new nugget of lore, for whatever that's worth:

Nothing left to do but bask in the atmosphere of this place for a bit. There's that cave i avoided on my way here but i'll go that way later, not sure how much more of this area i have to do. I make a quick stop at the merchant i met earlier and apparently i had just enough sens to clean up his entire invetory. Cool. Time to face the music then (well, a bell chime as it turns out):

Where in the nine hells...

Also i'm pretty sure that's not how this works (what could a fourth monkey be anyway):

Wait, what the hell is that:

Is that, is that a monkey with a kimono and spectacles?

He sees me, then runs away, leaving a trail of purple farts behind him:

I had no idea being a Buddhist involved going into acid trips like this, but ok then. I then get this thing:

I try to use it but all that happens is that the screen fades to black and i'm back here. Now a boss fight apparently has started and i guess the monkeys are the boss in question. Afar, i see one of them going beserk and making a rukus:

There's two other monkeys that have also spotted me so i'm guessing i'm gonna have to fight all three? I also see some humanoid figure. Nothing i can do but move forward and see what happens. As i do, the monkeys run away. One of them lands on a tree in front of me and just stands there looking at me:

The dude is next to me and apparently he is an NPC i can talk to. As i do, he basically explains how this whole thing works:

Well, yeah.

So essentially i am to fight the three wise monkeys, but this is a battle of wits and not brawn. The monkey with the purple kimono is the "seeing monkey" (not that his spectacles didn't give it away or anything). The one with the orange kimono is the "speaking money". Apparently his job is to give the alarm. I guess that's the one i saw banging on that gong or whatever. And then of course there's the "hearing monkey", who wears a green kimono. The last one might prove hardest since i never picked up that skill that reduces sound but i have those sugar candies for that.

He then explains why he is stuck here:

I suppose if you seek solitude and isolation you are not gonna find a better place than this, but what about the monkeys? Anyway, i gues i now know what i'm supposed to do. As i'm about to leave, he mentions one last thing:

So there's another danger i need to look out for? Maybe it's about the fourth monkey? Or is this just a bit of lore? Maybe he is talking about himself? Will i get lost in this illusion and never get out?

Anyway, so i start making my way around this place. On the left side, i see there's water coming into a room materializing out of nothing, trippy:

Every step i make seems to alert something i have a feeling this is going to be super annoying. I turn around and i see a note in the wall:

I see, so if i lure the orange monkey here it will deafen any sound he makes. I assume there's other rooms like this i can use to neutralize the other monkeys as well. So is this how this works?

I turn around and Wolf gets stuck on something and yet nothing is actually there. I look down and i see foot prints that end right where my path is blocked:

Not knowing what to do i just swing my sword and sure enough that reveals an hidden moneky. He is holding something in his hand but cannot make out what it is:

I guess this was the "fourth" monkey. There goes what i feel was supposed to be a tough secret but luck is on my side i guess. I move out of this room and i see that monkey is still on that tree, but despite all my efforts to be as quite as i possibly can, he is still able to just track me no matter what:

Just to see what happens i jump on the tree and the thing leaps away and i lose track of it. On that roof i see something else, can't make out the color i think it's orange?

I jump towards it and the thing leaps away too, but i'm able to follow it and i see he is moving next to what i presume is the "seeing" moneky:

I try to give chase again, hoping the "strategy" here isn't to chase those damn monkeys around until i catch one of them in their designated "special" rooms as that would be fucking obnoxious. The seeing monkey scatters but the orange monkey isn't as skittish as the other two. I'm still able to follow it and now it seems he has become unaware of my presence:

I manage to sneak up to it, none of the other two monkeys are anywhere near it to warn it or something like that, but he makes my position at the last second and he spawns two white ghost monkeys and then tries to make his escape. Unfortunatly for him, i manage to catch up with him:

The ghost monkeys are not hard to kill (for a brief tense moment i wondered if i had to use one of those Divine Confetti to damage them, but i guess i was being a bit paranoid), but they do terror build up so i need to be careful. They also drop healing pellets:

From afar i spot the purple monkey again and attempt to sneak up to it:

However, despite the fact he is supposed to be the "seeing" monkey he still has damn good hearing, since as soon as i try to get close to him he turns around and runs away. I guess i might have used those sound dumpening candies but i only got tree of them and don't want to risk waisting them just yet. I give the thing chase right up to that tree again and he spawns couple more of those ghost monkeys and then gives me the slip:

I leap from the tree and try to flank the thing which i'm sure is up the roof. I make a round and end up in this strange room:

I'm pretty sure i'm supposed to drag the seeing monkey here. Yeah, fat chance of that happening. I get up to the roof and of course the thing hears me and runs away again. I follow it up to that tree once more but instead of going up the roof from there i try to land on a bridge in front of me, hoping to use the roof as cover to somehow flank the damn purple monkey, but as soon as i land i see a message right in front of me:

Ok. So i turn around to check the bell and what the fuck the green monkey is right there:

Praying the gods he stays put for a second more, i ring the bell, and sure enough, he gets stunned and i quickly go in for the kill:

The music now gets more intense. Adrenaline pumping in my veins, i quickly rush to the seeing moneky and almost manage to bag him but he spawns three ghost monkeys and gives me the slip once again. I kill two of them but my terror build up was getting dangerously high so had to be careful not to get hit by the third one:

I make my way down to get my bearings for a second and now i see the message for that dark room:

Not sure how i can make this happen i'm starting to notice the thing just takes the same route, or maybe the path it takes is random and by chance i only saw the one. I make my way up there, but even without the green monkey he still has good hearing and the same shit happens again. I get really close but he is just able to track me no matter what:

He spawns three ghost monkeys again and i cannot put my hands on the damn bastard. As he flees i try to close the distance with that shuriken and quick horizontal swipe follow up but he is too fast. This is starting to piss me off. I kill two of the ghost monkeys and manage to lose the third, so i leap on a roof further away and sure enough it's in the same damn spot:

The third ghost monkey actually mamanges to catch up with me but i kill him with ease. I carefully try to sneak up on him once agan making the widest arc possible. This time i'm taking no chances i just crouch my way all around him and to my eternal relief, i actually succeed in flanking it:

One quick leap and it's now all over, fuck yeah:

Everything goes black for a second than hear a voice:

Ho, i recognize this voice. That's the "lady" that gave me that warning in the Buddha tapestry the first time i set foot here. Apparently, it was not a lady but the Divine Child. In insight i should have known.

Nice, time to meet this child then. As soon as the cinematic ends i'm awarded a memory and a new skill:

Can't believe this monkey puzzle was a "major" boss fight, but i guess every FromSoft game has to have one of these (like the Ice Snake in Armored Core 6 more recently). I'm looking at that Ninjutsu skill and now i think i get it. We'll soon see if i'm correct.

Anyway, yeah fat chance i'm going back there lmao:

I now see the child! First thing, i rest on the Idol and unlock the memory, which opens up an extra bit of lore, and it is now time to talk to this kid:

Well, not much of a boss fight, just a big puzzle room. I guess FromSoft just has to have one of those in every one of their games.

Last edited:

Andnjord

Arcane
I just like that I get to jump around like a crazy Buddhist Tarzan while chasing bespectacled monkeys. I’m a simple man sometimes.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom