Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Magic the Gathering Arena

Discussion in 'The Gazebo' started by Berekän, Sep 8, 2017.

1. Dawkinsfan69 Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck Bethestard

Dawkinsfan69
    I just hope that people don't go back to playing cat oven all the time ugh. That deck loses to timing itself out more often than anything

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. lukaszek the determinator

lukaszek
    yes, regular deal

fires + 3feri was criminal to allow for so long

^ Top  
  3. Dawkinsfan69 Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck Bethestard

Dawkinsfan69
    oo shit m21 leaks

reprint of this:
    [​IMG]

also teferi planeswalker that can activate abilities on opponent's turn and -10 for "you take 2 extra turns after this turn"

HAHAHAHAHAHA

^ Top  
  4. spectre Arcane

spectre
    Would be weird to have it reprinted exactly like this and not "deals 3 to any target". Most such effects also include 'wankers post-WAR, unless that's intentional.

Also: post links, motherlover. Not gonna sift through twatter bollocks to find this shit.

^ Top  
  5. lukaszek the determinator

lukaszek
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Jason Liang Arcane

Jason Liang
    ^ Top  
  7. lukaszek the determinator

lukaszek
    *loughs while putting cats in oven*

btw, was some sort of planeswalker deck around ozolith made?

EDIT:
    not like thassa is required, you are probably fine dropping blue and going gb with trololo giant, its what im likely to do anyway

• Doggy Doggy x 1
    • Kitty Kitty x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Dawkinsfan69 Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck Bethestard

Dawkinsfan69
    DISCLAImER: I **DO NOT** use reddit ([​IMG])!!! A **friend** linked me this:

https://www.reddit.com/r/magicTCG/comments/gpk43h/m21_rumors/

Trusting it because it called the bans over a week in advance, and the companion change which was impossible to predict

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Multi-headed Cow Cipher

Multi-headed Cow
    Poor innocent reanimator getting fucked because of planeswalker bullshit making the reanimator target too good. :argh:
    Not sure those changes are really going to be enough to get me to play standard again though. Oddly enough I've been having more fun with historic even though it has even more powerful garbage going on, wh*te devotion/lifegain's fun to switch it up from mono blue. Actually thought I'd play FotD all day every day once I started playing historic but the Grug decks feel playable unlike in standard so I'm enjoying it. Had someone remind me of Dawkins though, ran into someone playing Azorious prison and had a billion goddamn exile enchants. Thalia's not a strong enough waifu to hold out against that.

• Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. lukaszek the determinator

lukaszek
    recently whenever i think historic - i think golgari. Besides gitrog I have new phyrexian alien + some forced fights + some growth combo lined up

^ Top  
  11. Dawkinsfan69 Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck Bethestard

Dawkinsfan69
    it's just so beautiful

[​IMG]

I actually kinda miss seeing saprolings, nobody plays those anymore but they were cool :(

also miss seeing ixalan cards in general the flavor was just so on point with those sets anytime I see pirates treasures and colorful dinosaurs I get happy

• decline decline x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. Multi-headed Cow Cipher

Multi-headed Cow
    Gitrog does look fun, and molderhulk is always a good time. Only problem is I'd think you'd want to heavily lean toward BO1 since there are so many things to completely fuck you in BO3. Though I guess I am thinking more graveyard-fuckery than Gitrog, so cages and leylines would hurt molderhulk but if you're just leaning toward Gitrog and obliterator you're probably safe from that.

He was doing fountain of life and dawn of hope too, that devil.

^ Top  
  13. Akratus Self-loathing fascist drunken misogynist asshole Patron

Akratus
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Show Spoiler
    mtga.jpg
    This deck doesn't perform well because you need to grab the right cards and it takes a little while but whoo-ee once it gets going it's a riot. Brawl isn't great but I certainly prefer it to standard.

^ Top  
  14. Dawkinsfan69 Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck Bethestard

Dawkinsfan69
    been having fun trying to build a token knights deck lately. I usually don't like playing aggro decks but filling the board with shit then blowing someone out with chance for glory is hilarious

Show Spoiler
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

sucks to get board wiped tho but lurrus companion helps if it happens and most people I've come up against aren't really running board wipes anyway

^ Top  
  15. Multi-headed Cow Cipher

Multi-headed Cow
    It's fun when you're playing Lich's Mastery so it's a 3cmc instant speed "Take another turn" and gives all your creatures indestructible. Was a meme even in previous standard but chromatic black would pull that shit on occasion and it was always a hoot.

[​IMG]

^ Top  
  16. Dawkinsfan69 Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck Bethestard

Dawkinsfan69
    ooh yeah I remember someone pulling this shit against me when I started playing the game and I had no idea wtf was going on then I lost lol

^ Top  
  17. spectre Arcane

spectre
    Teaser from Rosewater's Titty:

^ Top  
  18. Multi-headed Cow Cipher

Multi-headed Cow
    COULD IT BE? THE GLORIOUS RETURN OF BANDING?
    [​IMG]

Also does unique protection mean True Name Nemesis? Is True Name Nemesis going to be standard-legal? They wouldn't do that, right? Fellas? Actually I see Yawgmoth's "Protection from humans" is unique too.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. lukaszek the determinator

lukaszek
    [​IMG]
    cage wont touch such deck, leyline would void it as it would prevent lands from entering graveyard

^ Top  
  20. Thac0 Maybe we have trash taste ... Patron

Thac0
    Old art truly was a hoot. Flavour text about elves and we get a Dark Lord and a dark girl.

^ Top  
  21. Multi-headed Cow Cipher

Multi-headed Cow
    Definitely, but I was heading off into the weeds when you said Golgari. Was why I was bringing up molderhulk and stuff.

I like the art more than the flavor text though. Definitely more of a Foglio thing, both Phil and Kaja, but odd MTG art was one of the things that attracted me to the game in the first place. Just has so much damn character to it.

[​IMG]

And then one of my personal all-time favorites:

[​IMG]

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  22. lukaszek the determinator

lukaszek
    wait... is there no casual historic queue?
    EDIT:

I hate that in order to play fun historic decks im forced to enter queue constructed queue... fun often means shitty...

[​IMG]

anyway... fiends and priests work well in this, obviously. Im not sure my opponent knew what im up to, just gave up once realized that I can scroll at will

here is my sultai i quickly have put together, id say that fun it brings is worth 5 mythic wildcards it required. Usually i consider mythic wc less valuable than rares

Show Spoiler

Last edited: Jun 2, 2020
    ^ Top  
  23. Multi-headed Cow Cipher

Multi-headed Cow
    There is. Just go into casual and pick a historic deck. It defaults to listing standard but ignore it and pick a historic deck anyway.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. spectre Arcane

spectre
    Also, it appears they changed it to start counting wins this time 'round. Jeebus, can't these people do anything right? Or at least with some continuity? Dunno, make it fucking intuitive for a change?
    It used to be a good place to refer weepers who want their spike-free safe space.

If you're willing to throw a few more mythics at it, Crucible of Worlds would be fantabulous. Any opponent should love it with Ghost Quarters and Gitgud Monster.

Another mythic to consider is Multani from Dominetaria. You should be able to get utterly ridiculous stats on this fucker.

Elvish Reclaimer is unfortunately a rare that'll rotate soon, but lets you pick all kinds of utility lands: memorials, ghost quarters, blast zone, man-land,
    ramp and eventually draw a lot of cards with Lotus Field.

^ Top  
  25. lukaszek the determinator

lukaszek
    spectre blast land is growing on me, it can purge those pesky enchantment
    here is me surprising some dude who wants to play last days of lurrus and didnt read the board well...

[​IMG]

all those enchantments and gingerman are 1 mana

Im on edge with carnarium, I expect it will be required once companions are gone with players flocking to obosh mono red or something

holy shit! sadly i got none handy and I feel like hoarding last 2 mythic wc... I will get it eventually

yeah but then so does fiend grow like crazy. Its missing trample though...

it is historic so whatever.

Anyway all those suggestions can be used for gb and stomp enemy with big critters. Fiends need trample though.

^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.