Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Magic the Gathering Arena

John Keel

Savant
Possibility of timewarp getting shanked as well, it's kind of ridiculous paired with Nissa but maybe the meta will adapt, we'll see

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
You're the one talking about betting money on it working like Martial coup moron

This is anything except martial coup, your reading skills makes you basically a pajeet, no wonder you burn your wildcards on garbage
I don't burn on garbage, I focus on a few decks and have plenty to spare. I'll just wait to see what ends up being good. Can't you get pills for your condition? Lemme guess, you don't get medicines in Mumbai?

Ranselknulf

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Codex's reading proficiency is near shanika-level, kind scary not gonna lie

In my defense, i was kinda drunk and tired after class.

I still often find it more useful to use a card in a game to explore the uses and "meanings" of the cards text. Sometimes a card ends up working in ways I didn't expect because the words were unclear about some aspect.

A recent example of something "unexpected" I found out is when a creature with trample attacks me, and I block it with a creature of lesser power it doesn't die if I have a damage reduction effect in place.

What I mean by this, Lets say Stompie mcStomperson is attacking me with a 7/7 green dinosaur with trample, and I block the dino with my 3/3 lifelink cleric it will block the 3 damage, not die, i'll get my 3 lifelink heal, and take 4 damage from trample (net 1 damage to me). The damage reduction allowed the creature to absorb the 3 lethal damage, then reduce the 1 damage that would have killed it.

I've used this to annoy trample decks a few times with the protectors shield card. I wouldn't have expected that aspect of trample defense until I tried it out in play.

Image.ashx

Either way, I like the idea of a non-creature board wipe as there are already plenty of creature board wipes in standard. The amount of enchantment spam fags is too damned high!

Last edited:

Jason Liang

Arcane
This is probably an oversight, since in the paper rules you can still assign the excess damage to creatures. Trample damage to players is optional. It's a good bug/ feature, you should report it and you might get a reward from the devs.

John Keel

Savant
It's because Arena by default auto assign damage, you can change it to manual assign in gameplay settings

Also it's a good idea to enable Trigger/Stack re-ordering, very useful for advanced mtg trickery

Fucking hell. 3-0 with the shit draft because my next opponent was playing Izzet and had a very cunning plan of playing Teach by Example to copy a spell, then copied a X=5 Culmination of Studies which gave him a lot of treasure tokens, drew him a lot of cards, and also milled something like 15 fucking cards in one turn. Then my change of plan shifted from "Play to keep the skies clear and hit him in the dome" to "Sit here jerking off watching my opponent die" and it went swimmingly. Silliest fucking thing, if he'd duplicated a removal spell or something I would've been in a bad spot since my creatures were my advantage, but getting greedy just put him on a huge clock. Even had a brief moment where I was wondering if I'd missed some alt win condition card that involved decking yourself, but nope. Fortunately it appears like this might be a slow limited format (At least, thus far) because my shitty deck isn't getting punished like it should be. Admittedly 2 faux-Disfigure, 1 Doom Blade, 1 3cmc deal 3, 1 3cmc deal 4 is sure as shit helping.

Ranselknulf

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Those are my favorite type of games. I just sit back while the other guy draws a billion cards each turn and casts a million spells.

I like to think of my play style as endurance or exhaustion.

I routinely have opponents run out of cards and I dont even have to mill them.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
I asked you why you are not medicated for your problem? You come raging into an otherwise nice peaceful chat, insulting people and mouthing off and now you pretend like it was nothing? Just how fucking broken are you? Part of me is curious why you are like this and why it is untreated and part of me wants to put you down like a rabid dog.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
I reckon you're such a dirty, malnourished little disgusting nerd, I could put one hand in your mouth, and my other hand in your eye sockets like a bowling ball, and just RIP your flimsy little head to pieces like ripping up an old carpet. And your high pitched babbling would finally end. You kind of want that don't you?

John Keel

Savant
Fraking WOTC jews, twice in a week 900 deal for rotating packs, no cheap draft token like they usually do when new set releases

:dealwithit:

Ranselknulf

Arcane
Patron
Totally forgot about the free codes that come with each set release:

PLAYSTRIXHAVEN

Sleeve codes:

• RockJocks (Lorehold)
  • ArtClub (Prismari)
  • DebateDuelists (Silverquill)
  • SwampPunks (Witherbloom)
  • MathWhizzes (Quandrix)

Just struck me, was I an idiot and missed FNM yesterday? Popped into my head today that I didn't do that, might've been hidden since they're promoting limited for the new set. Saw some tittymonster Liliana avatar I'd never seen before too. Not sure where that one came from, IIRC it wasn't in the preorders but I could be wrong since I didn't look at them very closely.

Jason Liang

Arcane

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
begdraft token resulted in my packing 10 rares/mythics and going 7-2. Feels good. Likely due to facing other begdrafters as serious players left bronze long time ago.

I guess this set can only bring fun to limited? Lots of cool/interesting interactions but try that in constructed and you will cry. In limited though experience is nice since there are not that many bombs, sweepers, rather card interactions. And you can go pretty big and unstoppable with just commons/uncommons.
Learnt to fear izzet players. Dunno their cards really and they always play something big and win out of nowhere

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom