Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Metal Gear Solid Δ (Snake Eater Remake) - PC/PS5/Xbox confirmed to use original voice files

Caim

Arcane
I wonder how they're going to do the control scheme with no pressure sensitive buttons on the Switch.

Little surprised Metal Gear: Ghost Babel isn’t in the Collection. Outside of the Twin Snakes remake, Ghost Babel is the only game in the series released between Metal Gear and Metal Gear Solid 3 that isn’t in the collection.

They need to include the Acid games and Portable Ops too.
Out of canon. Or they drop some of that in Vol. 2 with Portable Ops and Peace Maker.

Snake’s Revenge is in the collection and that’s not canon either. That’s what makes it kind of odd Ghost Babel isn’t there, because Snake’s Revenge is, and Ghost Babel was at least made by people that also worked on the main series.

My guess would be Acid shows up in the second collection. The original version of Snake Eater came out before Acid, (although I’d guess the version in the collection is Subsistence) and MGS3 seems to be the cutoff for games the collection. The second collection is probably 4 & 5 along with the PSP titles. Maybe they throw Rising in there too. But 4, Peace Walker, and 5 as the main titles of the next collection, with the other PSP titles would be pretty in line with what they’re doing with this new collection having the first three games plus the NES and MSX titles.

Would be interesting if the second collection had the online multiplayer modes. I never play the Online for MGS4, (I could never get it to work) but MGS5 Online I played for a while and that was pretty fucking great. The MGS5 Online was some of the most fun first or third person shooter verse multiplayer I’ve played.

La vie sexuelle

Learned
Little surprised Metal Gear: Ghost Babel isn’t in the Collection. Outside of the Twin Snakes remake, Ghost Babel is the only game in the series released between Metal Gear and Metal Gear Solid 3 that isn’t in the collection.

Out of canon. Or they drop some of that in Vol. 2 with Portable Ops and Peace Maker.

Snake’s Revenge is in the collection and that’s not canon either. That’s what makes it kind of odd Ghost Babel isn’t there, because Snake’s Revenge is, and Ghost Babel was at least made by people that also worked on the main series.

My guess would be Acid shows up in the second collection. The original version of Snake Eater came out before Acid, (although I’d guess the version in the collection is Subsistence) and MGS3 seems to be the cutoff for games the collection. The second collection is probably 4 & 5 along with the PSP titles. Maybe they throw Rising in there too. But 4, Peace Walker, and 5 as the main titles of the next collection, with the other PSP titles would be pretty in line with what they’re doing with this new collection having the first three games plus the NES and MSX titles.

Would be interesting if the second collection had the online multiplayer modes. I never play the Online for MGS4, (I could never get it to work) but MGS5 Online I played for a while and that was pretty fucking great. The MGS5 Online was some of the most fun first or third person shooter verse multiplayer I’ve played.

If there is Snake’s Revenge, that mean everything is possible.

Ezekiel

Arcane
I wonder how they're going to do the control scheme with no pressure sensitive buttons on the Switch.
Are you aware that the modern PlayStation, Xbox and most PC controllers don't have pressure sensitive face buttons either?

The hd xbox360 version had none of that. This is just the port of that to modern system.
complicated.jpg

Sounds really convoluted. Maybe I should find a controller with pressure sensitivity and just emulate them.

If there is Snake’s Revenge, that mean everything is possible.

They announced Snake’s Revenge was in there during the Nintendo show the other day. Comes with Metal Gear Solid: Digital Graphic Novel too.

deuxhero

Arcane
Wonder if the PC version will use the PC version (but updated to run on modern systems) of MGS1 or be an emulated PS1 release.

hayst

Educated
Huh. I wonder if that means volume 2 will be something like Peacewalker, Guns of Liberty, and Phantom Pain. I'd get that for a pc port of 4 alone.

LarryTyphoid

Scholar
Konami might start getting some of its rep back if this collection goes well. Getting MGS3 on PC is a big deal just by itself. If you're gonna spend all your time milking old franchises, then churning out a bunch of ports and remasters is much more respectable than pachinko machines.

I'm expecting some kind of big problem to come with the release, though. They got past the first hurdle with it not being an Epic Games exclusive, but there's still a ways to go before we can be sure about the quality.

Ezekiel

Arcane
Huh. I wonder if that means volume 2 will be something like Peacewalker, Guns of Liberty, and Phantom Pain. I'd get that for a pc port of 4 alone.
Already have V on Steam, don't like Peace Walker. That's what sucks about these remaster collections. I can't just buy 4 again by itself.

Last edited:

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Already have V, don't like Peace Walker. That's what sucks about these remaster collections. I can't just buy 4 again by itself.
Peace Walker seems a Ground Zeroes-Five prototype. No point for me playing it.

Caim

Arcane
Already have V, don't like Peace Walker. That's what sucks about these remaster collections. I can't just buy 4 again by itself.
Peace Walker seems a Ground Zeroes-Five prototype. No point for me playing it.
It feels like an even grindier Phantom Pain.

LarryTyphoid

Scholar
That's not really a shock, when you consider all the voiced dialogue that specifically mentions controller buttons; it's not like they were gonna rerecord dialogue for this. And even putting that aside, the collection's probably gonna be half-assed in other ways too.

lightbane

Arcane
I remember Psycho Mantis mentioning removing your keyboard, which was topkek.

LarryTyphoid

Scholar
I'm amazed that they're releasing the original MGS3 rather than memory-holing it with a remake replacement. Konami > Capcom in this regard, the latter having cast the original RE2 and RE3 into abandonware.

Theodora

Arcane
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
That's not really a shock, when you consider all the voiced dialogue that specifically mentions controller buttons; it's not like they were gonna rerecord dialogue for this. And even putting that aside, the collection's probably gonna be half-assed in other ways too.
At least they've put it all in one release, I would've half expected Konomi to string it out in multiple purchases somehow.

Any indication of them scrubbing Kojima's name yet?

who doesn't have a gamepad anyway these days. cm on gramps
I don't understand people who force their way through games like NieR and Dark Souls on a keyboard.

Egosphere

Arcane
I think the time has passed for that kojima-esque tongue in cheek humour interspersed with 'emotional' scenes. I played this for the first time only a couple of years ago and whilst I did enjoy the gameplay, the rest of it was, as usual for a koj game, I found a bit too cringy. Its a great shame since 3 really is probably the best of them all in the gameplay department, the variety of missions etc.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
It seems to be a tradition for Japanese gaming companies that have barely dabbled with the PC, to release weak ports

I'm amazed that they're releasing the original MGS3
It was already part of the HD Collection
Besides it's still widely regarded as the perfect MGS game
It would be stupid of them not to include it

Capcom ... cast the original RE2 and RE3 into abandonware.
Were the originals ever released on Steam?

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom