Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Microsoft acquires Bethesda/Zenimax

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by LESS T_T, Sep 21, 2020.

1. LESS T_T Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

LESS T_T
    Codex 2014
    • Funny Funny x 5
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. fantadomat Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck Edgy

fantadomat
    :deathclaw:
    Bethesda must have run out of money,they haven't released a game in like 5 years,that is a lot of time paying salaries and not having income. They are pretty slow developer.

• retadred retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. fantadomat Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck Edgy

fantadomat
    Skyrim is like Vampire Bloodlines,when it is mentioned,someone reinstalls it,while when someone mention skyrim,someone buys it.

• Funny Funny x 4
    ^ Top  
  4. Gastrick Educated

Gastrick
    Razorfist fucking sucks. I feel nothing but shame for having ever watched his content.
    Some good quotes,
    "You are a fucking coward. You'd never have the balls to actually be yourself either. That's the sad thing
    about you. You're so goddamn fucking fake."
    "Fake modesty. Fake personality, Fake to friend and foe alike. Faker than gas station sushi you are."
    "This is also why Razorfist can't stay in any relationship for a few weeks before he's dumped. He's never been
    genuine to any motherfucker anywhere under any circumstances. He's all appearance. Nothing genuine."
    "As for respect, once you get to know him, you realize this motherfucker has no respect for anybody, he sees
    diplomacy as a means to avoid criticism online. Nothing more. Criticism, which many people have pointed out
    in the past, he plain and simple cannot take."
    "Where are your balls daniel, did you leave them at the gay nightclub nextdoor?"
    "So what's with this black and white filter razorfist? Dudes trying way too hard to be edgy and metal. Take the
    glasses off dude it make you look like a douche, your room's bright af."
    He also wears women's makeup.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • I found this text to be too long and as such I didn't read it I found this text to be too long and as such I didn't read it x 1
    • Hoo Hoo x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. J_C One Bit Studio Patron Developer

J_C
    Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
    These seem to be on point.

• Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Immortal Arcane

Immortal
    :hmmm:

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Despair Despair x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Gastrick Educated

Gastrick
    I misquoted you and meant to respond to DJOgamer PT. Thanks for the brofist though.

^ Top  
  8. LESS T_T Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

LESS T_T
    Codex 2014
    • Sweat gathers upon my brow, let me dab it Sweat gathers upon my brow, let me dab it x 4
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Disgusting! Disgusting! x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Quillon Magister

Quillon
    Wasn't there a CEO's son or something managing bethesda that people complained about, what happened to him?

• it is a mystery it is a mystery x 2
    ^ Top  
  10. Hellraiser Arcane

Hellraiser
    Not true, they released Skyrim: VR 3 years ago!

:troll:

• incline incline x 1
    • Prestigious Prestigious x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. fantadomat Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck Edgy

fantadomat
    Well they do have 400 employs,they take around 100k rounded down per year. So 400x100k = 40,000,000 x3 = 120m for 3 years of work. And that is purely the salary,not accounting for all the other expenses like buildings,amortisation,licenses,consumptives ect ect. Most people just see a big number and assume endless profit,because have no idea how economix work,tho it is not their work to know :). Thus people neglect or underestimate the costs of running such corporations.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. RobotSquirrel Educated

RobotSquirrel
    • nice nice x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Wyatt_Derp Cipher

Wyatt_Derp
    We have our new Alex Jones/Bill Hicks conspiracy. And they are also from the same state yet never seen in the same place at the same time.

Matrix, you're losing your edge. We plebes are onto your game.

^ Top  
  14. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Grab the Codex by the pussy Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. MadMaxHellfire Arcane

MadMaxHellfire
    there's this kids card came called "merda" (shit), people take turns drawing cards, if you have a pair you shout "merda!" and put your hand on the deck, last one to follow draws more cards as penalty, but you also draw when you touch the deck without owning a pair, so sometimes you go for a full force "merda!" but slam your hand right beside the deck in the hope to trick someone else to touch it.
    feels like microsoft got tricked to hit the deck so hard it splattered all the cards on itself.

when i heard the news first i thought this was huge, world-changing huge, after a week now i know it's 2020 and i expect only the worst of the worst out of this.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • quality shit quality shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. Ol' Willy Magister Zionist Agent

Ol' Willy
    Bethesda games with Bioware writing and companions

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Whatever shit you posted didn't load Whatever shit you posted didn't load x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. fantadomat Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck Edgy

fantadomat
    Yes,it will be peak memery.
    [​IMG]

• hopw roewur ne hopw roewur ne x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • WTF am I reading WTF am I reading x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. Quillon Magister

Quillon
    FO4's writing & companions were biowarish already.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • FAKE NEWS FAKE NEWS x 1
    • Fabulously Optimistic Fabulously Optimistic x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Lyric Suite Converting to Islam

Lyric Suite
    Razorfist is pretty good at that Dennis Miller kind of verbose comedy but he has the same problem most youtubers have: that just because they have some media talent doesn't change the fact their opinions are often pretty banal/shit/boring and their knowledge is often rather cursory or at any rate no better than the average person. Often time it comes down to them telling you things you already know but in a somewhat entertaining way.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. DeepOcean Arcane

DeepOcean
    • Prestigious Prestigious x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. Naraya Cipher

Naraya
    https://www.shamusyoung.com/twentysidedtale/?p=50843

Honestly, I don’t really care about Bethedsa games at this point. Fallout? Elder Scrolls? Both games began as classic RPGs back in the 90s, but since then Bethesda has turned them into moronic trash-picking games about inventory management that seem to have a child-level understanding of the source material. I imagine the upcoming Starfield will be more of the same: Trek, as executed by someone who thinks Star Trek Into Darkness is the best Trek movie because it has lots of painfully obvious callbacks and explosions.

In short, if Bethesda’s games were forever cancelled next month, it would probably be a bit of a relief. In a creative sense, the franchises died a decade ago and Bethesda has been playing Weekend at Bernie’s since then[4]. It might be nice to get some closure and be able to give the franchise a proper burial.

:salute:

• Agree Agree x 8
    ^ Top  
  22. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Grab the Codex by the pussy Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Interview with Chris Weaver: https://www.inverse.com/gaming/bethesda-microsoft-xbox-exclusivity-elder-scrolls-6-interview

• meh meh x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. DalekFlay Arcane Patron

DalekFlay
    They're making it pretty fucking clear the AAA stuff will be Xbox and PC only, and yet still many refuse to accept it.

• incline incline x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. Quillon Magister

Quillon
    I for one hope they fuck those muh'xclusives PS-fanbois with this :D

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Excited! Excited! x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. fantadomat Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck Edgy

fantadomat
    As long as it is on pc,i don't care about the console exclusive shit. Sony generally doesn't have many games worth playing.

• Agree Agree x 3
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.