Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Might and Magic Might & Magic X - Legacy

Angthoron

Arcane
How OP is the relic set unlocked via Uplay? It sounds like something that could ruin the balance :/
I gave them a try, and they're actually not too bad. They have 4 levels, and at L1 they're just a little better than a good stock magic item. The curve seems to increase as you go, but they're by no means super powerful, imo. So far the relics I found in the world normally are stronger.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
I could only use one of the Uplay relics and it's not better than any other relics.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
My Crusader does have quite a bit of perception and is well invested in the Weapon skill. I just feel that I'm spreading him a bit thin right now and I invested more in the Magic stats and Light Magic skill he could be a much better asset to the team. Swords have worked well for my BD so far, but I feel Daggers + the Light Magic weapon buff would have greater synergy. My Druid has Water magic and Ice Bolt is awesome, I agree.

By the way are Relics hand placed or is finding them random as well?

I'm pretty sure the placement is static, what can be randomised would be the relics itself. Let's check this out:

In the mysterious crypt (next to portmeyron) I found a pair of boots called "Holy Sandals", i think. Their second lvl up grants +8 to magic. Did you get the same?

Yup, I got the same.

Angthoron

Arcane
How OP is the relic set unlocked via Uplay? It sounds like something that could ruin the balance :/

Just checked stats and the three Ubi relics I have are:

Hat:
L4
4 Armor,
20 Attack value
100% knockout resist
6% chance to cast provoke on hit

L4
Medium armor - chest
20 base armor
20 bonus armor
5 armor skill bonus
5 endurance skill bonus

L4
Mage staff
24-26 damage
39% crit
20 damage (air)
5 air magic skill bonus
On a successful attack, all enemies in same group take 17 Air damage (If you melee with it)

So yeah, nothing too overpowered. Consider that this is L4, too - at this point you might be dualwielding some heavily enchanted wizard orbs or whatever, for example.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
It has some interesting spells. Ice Bolt is really good for the debuff and it has the spell that can feeze enemies for 3 turns, which can be quite destructive with the right setup. I've only got it into Expert though so I can't tell what it'll be like later, but I don't regret investing in it so far.

Arkeus

Arcane
Water is a good selection of utility/damage spells. It has an 'improved gust' which does heavy AoE damage (i think it's AoE?) and knock backs enemy TWO tiles (not one like gust), it has 'freeze enemies in range', it has 'takes % less damage' buff, etc.

It's actually the school that goes best if you want your characters to play range.

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
I'm feeling stupid right now. There's a "mysterious tomb" in in the rocky areas that has a room full of pressureplates that light up in three different colours when you step on them (yellow, orange and red) while few remain unlighted and I can't fucking figure out what needs to be done with them to solve the puzzle. Has anyone cracked that yet?

Decado

Old time handsome face wrecker
Patron
Codex 2014
Ranger really looks like crap, thinking about re-rolling with another class because most of the fights come down to melee range slogging.

Bros I feel so much better knowing I'm not the only asshat on the codex who picked a ranger.

bloodlover

Arcane
Is there only one NPC/town that sells spells? I am having a hard time finding certain spells even though I am trainer in that skill. For ex I am master fire but still can;t find a shop that sells Fire blast.

Angthoron

Arcane
Hum, guys, which way do I need to head to do the Receding Horizons quest? It's the one with Edwin the Scholar sitting in my party. Would rather like to ditch him by now.

Angelo85

Arcane
Patron
I got a Ranger too, actually he's very decent in my party. I use him as supporting healer/buffer and dual wielding daggers deal nice damage. The Rangers high attack count thanks to the dual daggers is also handy if my Party faces enemies with high blocking attempts. The dagger attacks can be used to "waste" the enemies' blocks helping the Tank taunt for example.

Zeriel

Arcane
Hum, guys, which way do I need to head to do the Receding Horizons quest? It's the one with Edwin the Scholar sitting in my party. Would rather like to ditch him by now.

NW end of peninsula, behind the Ylath teleporters. You need the air blessing to pass.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
I'm feeling stupid right now. There's a "mysterious tomb" in in the rocky areas that has a room full of pressureplates that light up in three different colours when you step on them (yellow, orange and red) while few remain unlighted and I can't fucking figure out what needs to be done with them to solve the puzzle. Has anyone cracked that yet?
I wrote it down on paper

from entrance

up, right x2, up x5, left x4, up, left, upx3, right until in front of chest, grab it yo.

took me like an hour of reloading :D

Decado

Patron
Codex 2014
I got a Ranger too, actually he's very decent in my party. I use him as supporting healer/buffer and dual wielding daggers deal nice damage. The Rangers high attack count thanks to the dual daggers is also handy if my Party faces enemies with high blocking attempts. The dagger attacks can be used to "waste" the enemies' blocks helping the Tank taunt for example.

Well, the whole reason I picked a ranger was for the use of bows. But with that 50% gimp on ranged damage at melee range, and the fact that so many fights in dungeons seem to start in melee range, makes me wonder why the hell I should bother.

Is far as dual wielding goes, if I wanted to do that I would have rolled a BD. I get what you're saying, but it feels cheesy to me to roll a bow ranger and then just use daggers.

Anyways, I'm playing on adventurer right now, so the game is a bit more forgiving. My next play through will be on Warrior, and I'm thinking I will roll a BD/Crusader/Runie/Druid. There doesn't seem to be any benefits to developing a ranged character.

aris

Arcane
Man I'm enjoying this game more and more! Has anyone found any hidden or locked overpowered loot yet? The legendary items become really powerful as they level up!

I got some sandals that gives my druid excellent magic power and defense, and I also was able to beat the dragon (though not the cyclops yet, hits like a fucking rock), and got a legendary crossbow.

Decado

Patron
Codex 2014
I'm level 11-12 on adventurer and the dragon keeps schooling my ass. I can't figure him out.

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
I wrote it down on paper

from entrance

up, right x2, up x5, left x4, up, left, upx3, right until in front of chest, grab it yo.

took me like an hour of reloading :D

Didn't seem to work. Maybe we're talking about different tombs. This one allowed me to disarm the traps and from looking at it it seems to suggest some sort of colour code. It's near to the place where I can get the Warfare grandmaster training.

Edited a brainfart out after checking....

Last edited:
About ten hours in I'm very impressed with how fun the actual game is and how it manages to re-create much of the Isles of Terra/World of Xeen magic. What I'm really disappointed in however is the technical side of things. Suprisingly enough, the game runs pretty well (mid settings) even on the pretty basic laptop I'm using right now, much better than the early access version (although the 32-bit OS restrictions -- especially no party combat barks or enemy sounds -- are quite absurd), but the amount of crashes to desktop (basically every other area transition) and glitches (randomly disappearing and reappearing pieces of scenery) combined with loading times taking forever and the obnoxious UPlay nonsense almost make me want to wait for the first patch (or two).

Monocause

Arcane
Re:Rangers

Yeah, ranged weapons definitely need a rebalance. especially the bows. Expert and master specials being increased range is just useless; having a range of 7 is extremely situational.

About ten hours in I'm very impressed with how fun the actual game is and how it manages to re-create much of the Isles of Terra/World of Xeen magic. What I'm really disappointed in however is the technical side of things. Suprisingly enough, the game runs pretty well (mid settings) even on the pretty basic laptop I'm using right now, much better than the early access version (although the 32-bit OS restrictions -- especially no party combat barks or enemy sounds -- are quite absurd), but the amount of crashes to desktop (basically every other area transition) and glitches (randomly disappearing and reappearing pieces of scenery) combined with loading times taking forever and the obnoxious UPlay nonsense almost make me want to wait for the first patch (or two).

It might be, again, the 32-bit OS. Playing this on a low-end laptop as well but didn't have a single crash.

Loading times are annoying, no argument there.

Decado

Patron
Codex 2014
Re:Rangers

Yeah, ranged weapons definitely need a rebalance. especially the bows. Expert and master specials being increased range is just useless; having a range of 7 is extremely situational.
Yeah. I would much prefer that higher ranks decrease the damage penalty, with grandmaster seeing it gone altogether.

aris

Arcane
My party was level 10 when I took down the dragon. Your salvation is regeneration (seriously, the single most useful spell that I know of early on) and lots of health and mana potions. He goes down eventually.

The cyclops keeps one hitting at least on character though...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom