Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Might and Magic Might & Magic X - Legacy

aris

Arcane
Holy shit, any tip on beatin gralkor the elemental? Once he paralyzes me healer, which he does every time, I'm pretty much doomed.

aris

Arcane
Yeah, was just about to say that, unfortunately I don't. I do have one scroll of the spell though, let's see if it works.

Edit: By timing the scroll with the first paralyze right, I finally got him after about 10 reloads. Man, got to remember to bring a fire mage on my second playthrough. Got my dwarf tank paralyzed though, it was inevitable.

Last edited:

bonescraper

My party was level 10 when I took down the dragon. Your salvation is regeneration (seriously, the single most useful spell that I know of early on) and lots of health and mana potions. He goes down eventually.

The cyclops keeps one hitting at least on character though...
Wat. I killed them all around lvl 18 :eek:

Arkeus

Arcane
Yeah, was just about to say that, unfortunately I don't. I do have one scroll of the spell though, let's see if it works.
Yeah, i am pretty sure one scroll of Burning Determination is handplaced in the chest in a middle of a small room just before the boss so that people's first meeting with paralyzes isn't a game killer.

aris

Arcane
My party was level 10 when I took down the dragon. Your salvation is regeneration (seriously, the single most useful spell that I know of early on) and lots of health and mana potions. He goes down eventually.

Regeneration ;) It took me some reloads though, about 5 I think.

rickralsten

Educated
What level would you guys recommend starting the Paladin promotion quest. I'm around level 12 and the specters in front of the tomb are just destroying my party.

Monocause

Arcane
What level would you guys recommend starting the Paladin promotion quest. I'm around level 12 and the specters in front of the tomb are just destroying my party.

I imagine they're there for the specific reason of letting you gauge whether you're ready or not. Last I tried was lvl 16 and I probably could destroy these spectres if I chugged loads of potions and buffed extensively but figured it'd be a slog if i were to meet more of the things inside.

I'd wager it's a lvl 20-30 range affair.

EDIT: Assuming you're playing on warrior.

Arkeus

Arcane
Yeah no, there are Ravenous Ghouls inside. I'd wait until you either are in act III or you have gotten Crag weapons/spells.

If you have a Water mage, the Ice bolt is godly.

Seriously. Against enemies that do a couple of attacks, beings able to force him down to one attack per round pretty much halves his DPS.

Then, the 'silence' ability in Warfare expert actually makes it possible to lolnope any skill use, which means no party-wide attacks/etc. It then becomes 'easy' to do it quite early.

aris

Arcane
Umm... any shortcut out after defeating the earth elemental? Or do I have to backtrack all the way? I was kind of hoping that the blessing I got after beating him would let me get over the bridge on the second level, but it seems like I need another blessing for that.

Monocause

Arcane
Umm... any shortcut out after defeating the earth elemental? Or do I have to backtrack all the way? I was kind of hoping that the blessing I got after beating him would let me get over the bridge on the second level, but it seems like I need another blessing for that.

Nope. Annoying innit. The reason for this is that you'll be revisiting different levels of this dungeon later on.

Hobz

Savant
Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
I'm feeling stupid right now. There's a "mysterious tomb" in in the rocky areas that has a room full of pressureplates that light up in three different colours when you step on them (yellow, orange and red) while few remain unlighted and I can't fucking figure out what needs to be done with them to solve the puzzle. Has anyone cracked that yet?
I wrote it down on paper

from entrance

up, right x2, up x5, left x4, up, left, upx3, right until in front of chest, grab it yo.

took me like an hour of reloading :D

Didn't seem to work. Maybe we're talking about different tombs. This one allowed me to disarm the traps and from looking at it it seems to suggest some sort of colour code. It's near to the place where I can get the Warfare grandmaster training.

Edited a brainfart out after checking....

This is a minesweeper game (if we're talking about the same crypt). But you can just run in straight line and disarm every trap on the way.

Lhynn

Arcane
Did they even test daggers against other weapons? balance seems fucked imho.

aris

Arcane
Ohh yeah. Beat the cyclops on level 12! Regeneration, stoneskin plus offensive spells does the trick. Loot was very underwhelming compared to the dragon though, which was easier...

Monocause

Arcane
Did they even test daggers against other weapons? balance seems fucked imho.

Doesn't seem to be fucked, why do you think it is? Sure, you get six attacks at grandmaster and plenty of crits, but that's offset by low base damage (and it's the base damage that benefits from the +% from weap skills and might, additional elemental damage you get on some weapons is static). Also, keep in mind that there's a fair few enemies that will make your number of attacks work against you. One of the first bosses in the game from thieves den, for instance, gains an attack for each block or evade. Noticed it the hard way after my bladedancer missed/blocked him four times and then got one-shot.

Don't jump to conclusions about this game's balance before playing more, I was really pleasantly surprised by how well balanced it is. The only exceptions i found so far are the ranged weapons which really need more love and dark magic being the only single-class exclusive (only the freemage gets it, which sucks).

Decado

Old time handsome face wrecker
Patron
Codex 2014
IIRC, daggers were insanely OP'd in Legend of Grimrock, as well. I think some developers swing the pendulum too far the other way when it comes to breaking away from the traditional sword and board model of a fighter.

Is anyone using two handed weapons? Are they worth not having a shield?

Last edited by a moderator:

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Started a new game with a Crusader more focused on Magic and a Bladedancer with Daggers. I also gave her Warfare instead of giving it to the Crusader. So far all I can say is wow what a difference. Daggers are a complete rape festival compared to swords. Exploding damage everywhere. The Warfare skills have a better chance of working now too since Daggers have more attacks which equals to more chances of not missing or being blocked. I previously didn't notice also that the Paladin has a spell that does some damage but also makes it so that the enemy can't block on that round anymore. Shit is going to be crazy.
But I also noticed that getting stunned in combat will screw you out of XP if you finish the encounter while in that state. What the fuck :retarded:.

aris

Arcane
:bounce::bounce::bounce:

Weapons smith sells a really amazing axe and a fucking amazing sword (the sword has more than twice the damage output of my previous sword). Highly recommended!

Quatlo

Arcane
Heavens, Orc Blood Caller is some insanely broken bullshit, how did this pass playtesting? I just can't OOM anymore, no matter what.
Party of Blood Callers confirmed for op munchkin choice.

aris

Arcane
Heavens, Orc Blood Caller is some insanely broken bullshit, how did this pass playtesting? I just can't OOM anymore, no matter what.
Party of Blood Callers confirmed for op munchkin choice.
it is a spell? I can't remember any classes being called blood caller...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom