Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Might and Magic Might & Magic X - Legacy

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Ok, I'm at my wits end, can't find the last obelisk. It's a long shot but - anybody remembers the locations? It's not a big deal since at this stage it's a faceroll anyways but it's me, always a fucking OCD completionist if it's gonna kill me.

Arkeus

Arcane
Ok, I'm at my wits end, can't find the last obelisk. It's a long shot but - anybody remembers the locations? It's not a big deal since at this stage it's a faceroll anyways but it's me, always a fucking OCD completionist if it's gonna kill me.
Much less- the numbers of rounds the spell applies goes up as your Earth and Magic skills improve. You can semi easily make it last quite a bit

So, is this game good ? Whats the hivemind opinion on it ?
Yes, it's a very surprisingly well done Might and Magic game. I actually never quite believed it would be a real MM game before playing it, and it maanaged to surpass my expectations by a lot.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Keep in mind Earth is very support oriented...so your Runepriest will spend a lot of time healing which is kinda counter productive for somebody who GMs fire.
Well you only cast Regeneration once every 3 rounds, so that gives you 2 rounds to dick around doing other things (like spamming Fire spells).
Ideally, yeah but in my experience sometimes you are forced to spam it every turn to bring everyone up or they risk getting one shot, which is also when you need the most damage to kill the thing sooner.

Lhynn

Arcane
Ive actually found its not as bad as you guys think, my runepriest without perception has a reliable to hit with his spear, i still havent gotten around to investing in foci and it works wonders when the enemy has low hp and is ready for the final blow, saves me a lot of mp. even with only 1 point in said weapon.

This whole design where being not completly shit at something is a thing ive missed in games, so very much.
Being able to rely on stuff that is suboptimal and not even near to being maxed.

Only thing i find shit about combats is the boss buff, someone should mod that shit right out.

golgepapaz

Augur
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
So BM sword, BM dagger, RM fire , FM air at level 15. Naturally, warrior mode. I am trying to complete the BM promotion quest in order to get GM in swords and dagger. I can kill the necro after some effort but ravenous ghouls after it totally rapes me.
Is it doable at this level or should I came later on?
Maybe there is a trick to it instead?

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Ive actually found its not as bad as you guys think, my runepriest without perception has a reliable to hit with his spear, i still havent gotten around to investing in foci and it works wonders when the enemy has low hp and is ready for the final blow, saves me a lot of mp. even with only 1 point in said weapon.
You can attack with foci too, and they can't be blocked iirc. Also you are forgetting magical weapon bonuses. Foci give skill bonuses. Two foci giving +4 to fire spell skill > some spear that deals 3 bonus fire damage.

Seriously having a weapon skill on a full caster is a waste of skill points. You only get anything out of them if you attack, While just investing skill points and wielding a focus is a great boost to all your spells.

gunman

Arcane
Developer
I'm assuming we are all talking about Warrior difficulty here?!
Perhaps it comes down to my unoptimized party but I had to make extensive use of potions throughout fights against bosses and bigger groups of enemies.

I prefer Adventure mode because I don't like save scumming and power playing.

The more I play this game the more I like it. My initial impression wasn't positive, but the more I discover my opinion changes. There is a lot of detail put in this game, and I keep discovering new things in every playing session (today I have discovered that the party member delivering the killing blow to an enemy receives ~5% more XP, useful to know for party members lagging behind in level).

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Ended up with the following plan, each 3 skills GM, 2 skills M:

Crusader: Sword, shield, heavy armor, light magic, endurance

Scout: Axe, endurance, medium armor, warfare, dual wield

Runepriest: Magical focus, fire, earth, mysticism, prime

Shaman: Magical focus, air, water, mysticism, endurance

I am pretty disappointed in the lack of weapon skills on that team, also sad to see useless Scout advanced class powers. Considered going Mercenary to the very end. But the rest, I'm pretty satisified with :)

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
My opinion of this game would be higher if didn't run so fucking badly, anytime there's a lot of vegetation the game gets so choppy it starts freezing when I turn. And I haven't seen loading times this awful since the playstation.

I'm starting to believe the Unity naysayers.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Why make a scout at all if you take no magic and no ranged skills and have no use for the class abilites? Is this some LARPing reference I'm not privy to?

Broseph

Dangerous JB
Patron
So, is this game good ? Whats the hivemind opinion on it ?
It feels like a true M&M game but unfortunately also feels like a beta. Very buggy with long load times and runs like shit. You might wanna wait for a few patches to come out unless you're really hankering for a decent blobber.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Why make a scout at all if you take no magic and no ranged skills and have no use for the class abilites? Is this some LARPing reference I'm not privy to?

you could read my whopping 4 or 5 posts on the subject located throughout the last massive two pages

Silva

Arcane
because its a HEAVY scout.

portly-warrior.jpg

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal

I am pretty disappointed in the lack of weapon skills on that team, also sad to see useless Scout advanced class powers. Considered going Mercenary to the very end. But the rest, I'm pretty satisified with :)
That scout will probably be your shittiest character. :M

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

That scout will probably be your shittiest character. :M

christ people, is redding so hard?:

http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...x-legacy-released.81387/page-165#post-3082938

http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...x-legacy-released.81387/page-166#post-3083225

I've been asking for suggestions for two pages now, and have reacted to every post I got in response. You're welcome to join in. I have no inclination to just auto-add a Blademaster GM'ing in Daggers because that's OP or whatever. I just don't want a gimped team, i.e. something that doesn't work at all.

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing

you could read my whopping 4 or 5 posts on the subject located throughout the last massive two pages

Actually I had to go back through 15 of your posts to discover that the answer is "Twinking is for pussies, dwarves are great."

Broseph

Dangerous JB
Patron
Why not swap Scout with Merc or Defender then? :M

Anyway, ignore our Mondblutian advice if you want, if you're playing on Adventurer it doesn't really matter anyway.

Silva

Arcane
Grunker party:

Crusader: dagger, shadow robes, crossbow
Scout: axe, endurance, medium armor
Runepriest: poledancing, lightmakeup, bikini
Shaman: long dong, chiseled abs, tanned skin

:thumbsup:

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Why not swap Scout with Merc or Defender then? :M

:M :M :M :M :M

Grunker: Defender can't dual wield, other classes cannot into Axe, but I could go Merc instead.

Arkeus: Merc is better for shield, my dual wield Scout is pretty boss.

Since that was my only reply on the subject, that's what I had to work with.

Grunker party:

Crusader: dagger, shadow robes, crossbow

Scout: axe, endurance, medium armor

Runepriest: poledancing, lightmakeup, bikini

Shaman: mysticism, priestly robes, staff

you forgot ninja sword/staff dual wield on shaman

Actually I had to go back through 15 of your posts to discover that the answer is "Twinking is for pussies, dwarves are great."

I don't want to steamroll the game with Favourite Internet Strategy A (aka GM Dagger Blademaster snowball).

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal

http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...x-legacy-released.81387/page-165#post-3082938

I've been asking for suggestions for two pages now, and have reacted to every post I got in response. You're welcome to join in. I have no inclination to just auto-add a Blademaster GM'ing in Daggers because that's OP or whatever. I just don't want a gimped team, i.e. something that doesn't work at all.
I read your posts, I was sleeping when you posted that one but whatever, you see to have your mind p. set on scout so fine I guess, but literally any other class would be better. One of best things about the scout is that he can get expert on fire and light which give great support abilities that don't need to scale throghout the game to shine which you aren't investing into because you have a crusader and a runepriest, and you won't make use of his special class ability because you have zero points on ranged weapons...so it's like you want to play something else as your scout.

Don't complain when midway through the game you just have 3 characters and a warfare bot like me. :M

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

I read your posts, I was sleeping when you posted that one but whatever, you see to have your mind p. set on scout so fine I guess

I don't. I fucking suggested an alternative myself (Merc), but the only response advised me not to go that route. I am more than willing to listen to alternatives, ffs, why else would I ask for them?

so it's like you want to play something else as your scout.

Evidently you did not read my posts. I just got this crazy notion to dual wield axes. However that is achieved in the best manner.

Mace dual-wield with barbarian is also an alternative I have considered, feedback is welcome.

Last edited:

Decado

Old time handsome face wrecker
Patron
Codex 2014

What's the problem with the Scout exactly?

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Scout special power is ranged, and he's going melee exclusive in an attempt to be "creative".

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom