Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Might and Magic Might & Magic X Pre-Release Thread

Zeriel

Arcane
Wow, don't know what to say. I mean, I like Swen, but this makes him look like a monumental retard. I guess we all have our kneejerk judgement moments.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I have to agree with him that the promo thing is extremely tacky and "NEXT-GEN" - it should have been outside the game.

But it's not enough to reasonably make anybody just give up on the game. I mean, with all due respect, lar_q, Limbic put out a turn-based oldschool RPG and you haven't - not yet.

Mortmal

Arcane
Nothing worse to break immersion than enter a promo code to unlock a chest,well except maybe a button redirecting to an online shop to buy extra keys. Thats probably a misunderstanding from sven, he thought he had to buy something extra to unlock it, in this day and age its not unlikely . Last time i seen comparable shit it was in oblivion where a door was unlocked only after buying a dlc .Not sure what it was ,mystic emporium or something like that , really a poor design choice.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Hah. Well, it made Swen give up on the game and compare it to Ultima Forever :P
Nope, it was somebody else that compared it. He's just expressed disappointment at seeing a "please enter promo code" in the middle of his game. Can't say I blame him.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
New patch is good ,great for me especially since I can play on my gaming rig at last.
Weapons breaking a lot less but still blocking enemies are pain in the ass, day&night cycle is better, some pretty lighting applied to places.
And loving dwarven scout <3, not sure about mercenary though, I don't like "Jack of all trades" type of characters.

Zeriel

Arcane
Yeah, I actually feel as if this official patch raised the break chance from negligible in the unofficial patch to quite strong again. My daggers break on just about every single kenshi I fight. It's definitely irritating and a waste of time--don't feel that the item breaking mechanic currently serves much purpose. Hope it gets overhauled at some point, the concept of an RNG break chance as opposed to durability or something equally interesting is just really dumb.

Also, "on block or miss, extra attack" abilities should be altered to "on block only" if they're going to be handed out willy-nilly, it's kind of ridiculous having a single dagger attack with 4 swings missing proccing 4 extra swings for an already hard-hitting enemy.

This isn't "the game is hard" whingeing because it's fine and almost a little too easy with potion abuse, even on the harder difficulty (which I play on), but "this is terribly balanced" whingeing.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

logrus

Augur
Project: Eternity
Damn, this looks better and better. I don't like playing betas, so I'm just lurking at the screenshots and watched some gameplay videos and I'm really hooked now!
I'd prefer free movement, but even as a blobber this looks really cool. It would be nice to play early M&Ms ported to this engine!

warmonger3

Scholar
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
It's a blast if you enjoyed any of the M&M games, in theory anyway. It's easily worth the price of admission and the game can only get better with fan made projects using the editor.:incline:

Edit: Thought I should mention I really dislike the race/class combinations, but I seem to easily overlook the dislike when I play.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
I'm not sure what the point of this is, but: https://mightandmagicx-legacy.ubi.com/opendev/vote/view/what-is-your-favorite-class

MMX_IconVote_AllClasses.png

• A fragile, but powerful healer who knows how to keep the focus: The Freemage
  • A great ranged damage dealer who knows how to evade, but lacks melee skills: The Ranger
  • Heavily armored, shielded and wielding an axe: here comes a real tank: The Defender
  • Quick, ferocious and tough: a straightforward fighter: The Barbarian
  • A tough and resilient caster who is not lost when out of mana (but raises a spear or a mace): The Shaman
  • A crossbow Grand Master with fair melee, casting and tactic abilities: The Scout
  • A real caster who can achieve a huge mana capacity: The Druid
  • The Jack-of-all-trades fighter. Carries whatever weapon you choose: The Mercenary

Pick your favorite class!

Last edited:

Zeriel

Arcane
In terms of mechanics, free mage is obviously the most interesting just because of the sheer number of spells. My favorite so far is the ranger, though, because daggers are so absurdly good.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I can't help the feeling that I'm going to fucking love the game. All the basics that matter to me just feel right. Fuck the art and fuck the lore, I'm going to delve into weird dungeons, kill strange things without prejudice, and haul a mountain of gold back into town.

Last edited:

Broseph

Dangerous JB
Patron
I can't help the feeling that I'm going to fucking love the game. All the basics that matter to me just feel right. Fuck the art and fuck the lore, I'm going to delve into weird dungeons, kill strange things without prejudice, and hall a mountain of gold back into town.
And that's what Might & Magic's all about, motherfucker.

commie

The Last Marxist
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
I enjoyed the alpha much to my surprise. Sure I already got the ubiquitous 'it's shit', 'spiders drop antidotes...lulz...game suxxors' in the shoutbox, but fuck that shit. It's just an alpha and hopefully can be modded eventually to make it hard-core(whatever that is supposed to mean in a M&M game)for those that want it. The graphics are fine, though I also didn't really mind MM9 graphics after a while(and those were ugly as fuck, like a first gen accelerated 3D game from 1996 even though it was 2002). What really got me excited was the FEEL of the game. It really does feel like a MM game unlike so many other games that try to play the 'continuation' card. There's little in this game that seems 'enhanced' from the originals(a bane is when devs try to change underlying expected features of a series such as Disciples 3 which went HOMM for combat pleasing nobody).

Unzipped my pants and am cautiously stroking now.

Jack Dandy

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2
I think the art is fine, too.
And from what I've sampled from the demo, it just feels "right". The systems in it feel good.

I'll have no qualms for putting my money on it by the time it's out and polished.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom