Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Might and Magic Might & Magic X Pre-Release Thread

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Why does the Freemage have to be a healer? Can't he be a wielder of sinister powers of pouring molten lead into the bones of his foes? :(

Dorateen

Arcane
Next-gen games and titles that claim to be evolving the genre, no matter how sophisticated they think they are, will always pale in comparison when a true computer role-playing game like Legacy emerges on the market.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
I enjoyed the alpha much to my surprise.
I've been keeping as far away from the demo as my willpower allows me until the final version comes out, but aside some pretty minor annoyances (like that promo code shit) I'm really looking forward to this. Having people like you and Broseph confirn that Limbic "gets it" when making this a M&M game makes me less and less sceptical. Can't wait for the final release.

Luzur

Good Sir
I enjoyed the alpha much to my surprise.
I've been keeping as far away from the demo as my willpower allows me until the final version comes out, but aside some pretty minor annoyances (like that promo code shit) I'm really looking forward to this. Having people like you and Broseph confirn that Limbic "gets it" when making this a M&M game makes me less and less sceptical. Can't wait for the final release.

well they got a team of neckbeards guiding them.

GlutenBurger

Cipher
Why does the Freemage have to be a healer? Can't he be a wielder of sinister powers of pouring molten lead into the bones of his foes? :(
I really don't get that description of it being a healing class, given this passage:

Shouldn't there be a class that is more properly focused on healing?

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Maybe they changed it. Or maybe they noticed the class is more useful for healing than offense compared to other magic classes.

LeJosh

Savant
Made the plunge, I was holding off for the official patch to be released.

Time to make an Orc only team and machete through everything.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I can't help the feeling that I'm going to fucking love the game. All the basics that matter to me just feel right. Fuck the art and fuck the lore, I'm going to delve into weird dungeons, kill strange things without prejudice, and hall a mountain of gold back into town.
And that's what Might & Magic's all about, motherfucker.
I, of course, agree. But according to most people in this thread previously, it's also about a lot of other things, including setting and story :M

Broseph

Dangerous JB
Patron
I can't help the feeling that I'm going to fucking love the game. All the basics that matter to me just feel right. Fuck the art and fuck the lore, I'm going to delve into weird dungeons, kill strange things without prejudice, and hall a mountain of gold back into town.
And that's what Might & Magic's all about, motherfucker.
I, of course, agree. But according to most people in this thread previously, it's also about a lot of other things, including setting and story :M
:codexisfor:

GlutenBurger

Cipher
Time to make an Orc only team and machete through everything.

I have a similar plan, except I'm waiting for the full game before playing. Use all the orc classes, select a fourth character that makes up for their shortcomings (presumably defence or healing), and annoy the neighbours by shouting "Waagh!" as I hack my way through the world.

I might also play a second run in parallel using a more carefully selected party, depending on how much spare time I have at that point.

Zeriel

Arcane
Healing potions are so powerful (and unlimited) in the current build, that 4X Orc Barbarian is actually one of the most effective builds.

Nothing worse to break immersion than enter a promo code to unlock a chest,well except maybe a button redirecting to an online shop to buy extra keys. Thats probably a misunderstanding from sven, he thought he had to buy something extra to unlock it, in this day and age its not unlikely . Last time i seen comparable shit it was in oblivion where a door was unlocked only after buying a dlc .Not sure what it was ,mystic emporium or something like that , really a poor design choice.

That was a bug, actually. The owner will lock himself inside the store. Amazing how they fucked that up since the DLC that causes that is NOT the one that actually affects said store. :lol:

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Could someone give me a breakdown of what promo codes/pre-order exclusives/collector's edition/Cracker Jack prizes/et cetera are on offer for this game?

Is this pretty much it for its "BUY NOW OR YOU'LL BE A HAVE-NOT PEASANT FOREVER" features?

4POpB.png

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Could someone give me a breakdown of what promo codes/pre-order exclusives/collector's edition/Cracker Jack prizes/et cetera are on offer for this game?

I'm not aware of any pre-order exclusives. The promo codes are for people who visited the Might & Magic exhibitions at Gamescom and PAX East.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Healing potions are so powerful (and unlimited) in the current build, that 4X Orc Barbarian is actually one of the most effective builds.
Hmmm. I was afraid they over-tune the potions after the alpha.
Potions should only re-stock after quests and story events IMO. Not over time.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Technical article: https://mightandmagicx-legacy.ubi.com/opendev/blog/post/view/a-quick-look-at-articy-draft

Articy3.jpg

Julien Pirou said:
@Jsebela: if you want to compare the size of the Peninsula to one of the previous worlds of Might & Magic, you cannot really compare it to MM6. MM6 was a different game system, which was not tile-based and had a different scale. Our benchmark for the size of the world is MM4 (or MM5, since the two sides of Xeen had the same size), with more dungeons.

Zeriel

Arcane
Hmmm. I was afraid they over-tune the potions after the alpha.
Potions should only re-stock after quests and story events IMO. Not over time.

Removing alchemy was definitely... questionable. I understand the time issue (alchemy is a big skill set with big consequences), but still. At least the editor means we can fix these things. Usually I'm not a big fan of "the mods will fix it", but having such a toolset in a good blobber engine is pretty nice.

Stabwound

Arcane
I hope there are some obscure hidden areas out in the watch and such. That was one of my favorite parts of the earlier games, getting swimming/teleport and reaching areas you couldn't reach before. The map looks kinda landlocked.

Zeriel

Arcane
I hope there are some obscure hidden areas out in the watch and such. That was one of my favorite parts of the earlier games, getting swimming/teleport and reaching areas you couldn't reach before. The map looks kinda landlocked.

Not sure if it's actually the case, but there are already some islands off the coast of Sorpigal that look as if they might be explorable (i.e, geometry you can see with more details than they would have if they were just there to be seen from the shore, like an earthen ramp that leads up from the water).

Zeriel

Arcane
If you are a blobber fan, no reason not to pre-order for the benefits and to play it on release.

Whether to play it and "ruin" the experience for you before it's ready to play in its entirety (i.e, past act 1) is another question altogether. Gameplay is pretty addicting after years of no good, full-featured blobbers, so be forewarned. Ultimately it comes down to personal taste.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom