Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Might and Magic Might & Magic X Pre-Release Thread

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
I just finished the first dungeon, and there were absolutely no puzzles nor labyrinthine layouts to navigate whatsoever. It was a linear path to the end with treasure nooks off to the sides.

This had better improve going forward.

Jack Dandy

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2
I heard there were some balance problems, mostly relating to potions and similar stuff.
One of the things I hate most is the ability to spam potions and forget about tactics or planning.

For those who saw how the devs act so far, do they respond to problems like that and balance them out?

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I heard there were some balance problems, mostly relating to potions and similar stuff.
One of the things I hate most is the ability to spam potions and forget about tactics or planning.

For those who saw how the devs act so far, do they respond to problems like that and balance them out?

I know they're reading this thread, so everybody should keep talking about any problems they encounter.

Kaldurenik

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
How is uplay for the game? Is it worth buying even with it? I have had nothing but problems with uplay :(

Zeriel

Arcane
Uplay is fine if you can connect to the internet once. You can run it offline forever (i.e there's no online check DRM) once you run uplay once online. It actually seems to load quicker this way, too.

Broseph

Dangerous JB
Patron
I just finished the first dungeon, and there were absolutely no puzzles nor labyrinthine layouts to navigate whatsoever. It was a linear path to the end with treasure nooks off to the sides.

The same can be said about MM7's first dungeon as well. It's basically little more than a tutorial and probably not indicative of the full game (although in 7's case it kinda was :troll:)

narupley

Scholar

But that secret exit tho

LeJosh

Savant
The weapons break rather quick.

I even had spares and they broke just as fast, 2 hits unblocked and a parry, borked. (barb club)

I'll try to replicate that because it feels like I just got extremely unlucky.

Zeriel

Arcane

But that secret exit tho

Where was the secret exit?

This was a programming bug, item breakage should only occur on critical hits, and it is being fixed.

At least, that's what I heard anyway.

It was supposed to be fixed already in a previous patch. And AFAIR, it also has a 10% chance to break on every block, which is just broken (hah!) with how often blocks happen on some monsters (i.e 50-60% of the time). Item breaking mechanics are going to need a serious overhaul at some point, in my opinion.

The way daggers and dual-wielding interact with some things is particularly dumb. Much higher chance to be broken (since you can attack up to 6 times per 'round'), and misses proc things like extra attacks from enemies on their turn, while being guaranteed (attack value on offhand is meant to be very low).

Gozma

Arcane
Have there been any developments on the movement and overall game speed/animation skipping stuff?

Zeriel

Arcane
It runs a lot better in the current patch. But no actual changes to the movement delay. To be fair, the game feels fairly okay in a solid 50-60 FPS, though of course it would be nice to be even faster.

rafaninja888

Novice
How much gameplay are people getting out of the first Act? what can someone expect from buying it now during early access? (playability wise etc)

narupley

Scholar

But that secret exit tho

Where was the secret exit?

IIRC it was near the end of the cave, and you had to use that perception-like spell (forget what it was called) to notice the entrance in the middle of a wall.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy

made

Arcane
Played beta for a few mins only so as not to spoil anything.

It seems there are no non-combat skills such as swimming or pathfinding. Are there at least any spells that improve the automap, increase movement speed, or anything at all that's not directly combat-related?

Morphi

Augur
Played beta for a few mins only so as not to spoil anything.

It seems there are no non-combat skills such as swimming or pathfinding.

There are. it's a "feat" system like mm2-5 or like DnD 3rd edition. swimming will be one of theses "blessings" as they call it.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
They're not like feats. You earn them from doing things in the game world, not from levelling up.

Fart Master

Savant
sorry to shit up this thread with my dumb question but do the base weapons type actually have any difference besides dmg values in MM? (playing 3 right now) I can't find out anywhere.

LeJosh

Savant
Man, I am so frustrated that people voted for fucking "item comparison."

How difficult is it to math, fuckers!?

I need map notes, right now.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom