Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Might and Magic Might & Magic X Pre-Release Thread

Luzur

Good Sir
i cant vote either, not an "Ultimate Adventurer", although i already drank from the fountain in the Maze from Hell, several times even.

narupley

Scholar
I voted C. Currently C is at 33%, with B leading the pack at 57%.

I cannot change the tides alone.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
I was getting ready to rage until I saw the voting options. Note that there is no option make warrior easier. Don't care how much they make adventurer easier as long as they don't change the normal difficulty.

All in all the :incline: is still ongoing.

narupley

Scholar
I was getting ready to rage until I saw the voting options. Note that there is no option make warrior easier. Don't care how much they make adventurer easier as long as they don't change the normal difficulty.

All in all the :incline: is still ongoing.

Yes, that appears to be correct.

A: Make Adventure mode easier
B: Keep everything the same
C: Make Warrior mode harder

Now, these guys aren't exactly known for their precise English skills either, so keep that in mind. Option A actually states "When playing on Adventurer level, I still think it's too hard. Make it easier!". It's possible that "it" refers to the game overall on either mode, not just adventure mode. But I think you're right, and all is well.

Morphi

Augur
Some interesting background information from Julien Pirou on MMX at Celestial Heavens:
tress wrote:
Quote:

Hey Marzhin, can I please ask why MMX doesnt have Might, Intellect, Personality, Endurance, Speed, Accuracy and Luck as skills?

Actually I once asked this, and main reason was that it is publishers decision to keep MM worlds mechanic more unified between various games/spinofs, same is reason for keeping various spell school to their profiles, like there various healing spell aligned to earth must be over time.

Yes, that's pretty much it.
Also there were some worries that the old system may have been a bit too close to Dungeons & Dragons, which might have been problematic (the current owners of D&D, Wizards of the Coast, are more controlling of their IP and rule set than TSR were back in the day).

http://www.celestialheavens.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=14043&start=90

Dorateen

Arcane
Might, Intellect, Personality, Endurance, Speed, Accuracy and Luck were fixed character attributes or stats, not skills.

Skills are selectable and invested in such as Repair Item, Cartography, Navigation, or Meditation, etc. Get the terminology right!

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://mightandmagicx-legacy.ubi.com/opendev/blog/post/view/difficulty-vote-the-results

DIFFICULTY VOTE: THE RESULTS

Thanks to everyone who participated in last week's vote. And sorry to those of you who would have liked to vote, but couldn't due to login problems. We're trying to fix them!

The majority of voters (57%) seems to be pleased with the difficulty level of the Early Access Version of MMX. However, more than 31 % say that even the Warrior Level is too easy. On the other hand, 12 % think that even the Adventurer level is too hard. Thanks to all who voiced their opinion, we'll take it into account!

Cheers

from your MMX team

At least A didn't win.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
This is good. No matter how they look at it they cannot possibly make Warrior easier, and they're likely to either make it a bit harder, or add a third harder difficulty. I approve of these results.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Second official patch released: https://mightandmagicx-legacy.ubi.com/opendev/blog/post/view/the-second-official-patch-is-here

The Modding Kit is an extremely flexible, feature-rich tool, and we wanted to show you some examples of the amazing mods that it can produce. That is why a few weeks ago we contacted two modders from the MMX community--one from RPG Codex and the other a MMX Ultimate Adventurer from the Open Dev Blog! They are currently creating their own mods that will be available when the Maps & Mods feature goes live. If you too are interested in modding, then you should totally check out the following guide: MODDING KIT GUIDE.

wat

Who is this??? Luzur

Self-Ejected

theSavant

Self-Ejected
The MMX Modding Kit is available exclusively through Unity Pro

SERIOUSLY??? They expect modders to invest 1500$ to buy the full license of the game engine? HAHAHAHAHA - Good luck, there goes the modding community... ;)

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
The MMX Modding Kit is available exclusively through Unity Pro

SERIOUSLY??? They expect modders to invest 1500$ to buy the full license of the game engine? HAHAHAHAHA - Good luck, there goes the modding community... ;)
:lol:

in before Wasteland 2's modkit also requiring Unity Pro, and every other Unity game that promised modding

Jack Dandy

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Kind of a shame, to be honest. They shouldn't have even bothered with the modkit if there's a 1500$ fee behind it.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
in before Wasteland 2's modkit also requiring Unity Pro, and every other Unity game that promised modding
SRR doesn't.

Good point. They put a lot of work into that editor, though.

I always found this game's promises of a modkit suspicious, since it was pretty obvious they don't have the time and resources to make something user friendly.

Also, an editor that supports custom 3D environments is a different order of complexity from an editor that's just about laying down prefabricated tiles.

Arkeus

Arcane
Yeah, only having 30 days to make a mod unless you pay is...not much.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom