Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mortal Kombat 1 Reboot

no wonder you want those whatever was their names niggers no one remembers back. this wommyn i've already forgot and them are pretty much same tier.

Once MK1 roster is officialy confirmed as Deadly Alliance / Deception heaven, your butthurt will be enormous and reach the deepest pits of the Netherrealm.

Reinhardt

Arcane
no wonder you want those whatever was their names niggers no one remembers back. this wommyn i've already forgot and them are pretty much same tier.

Once MK1 roster is officialy confirmed as Deadly Alliance / Deception heaven, your butthurt will be enormous and reach the deepest pits of the Netherrealm.
i don't care actually. won't play it.

Ash

Arcane
I haven't played any MK game since the first trilogy. Arena beat em ups/fighting are barebones as fuck to begin with, but MKTrilogy I found to be rather shit in this regard. Cool gore/music/aesthetics though.

One thing I do respect with this genre though, is they stick firmly to their roots. Almost too much, even.

Last edited:

hajro

Arbiter
NRS hasn't figured out how to make an actual fighting game yet, the best they can do is make combos. I got MK11 for $5 on PC just to try it out a few weeks ago, hadn't played it since close to launch and man it's awful.

The game is heavily reliant on tekken style strings, which move you forward and create easy as fuck hitconfirms. Movement is TERRIBLE, very slow forward and back dashes and the inputs required to do them faster is painful for a 10-20% speed boost, pushback doesn't exist on most moves hit or block which makes the game feel VERY suffocating. It's literally people duking it out in each others faces outside of character specific movement tools and it just doesn't feel good. MK1 looks EXACTLY the same just with the assist shit.

It really sucks because I think NRS do have some unique characters and moves but god damn they literally have never had to make a real fighting game before and it shows but at the same time, it doesn't matter. MK sells like fucking hot cakes because most people who buy these games don't care about the problems I pointed out so NRS never has to learn. idk how competitive NRS players can stand it, man.
I always say that casuals treat fighting games as virtual Rock 'Em Sock' Em Robots, especially with the mashing and close range interactions, so it comes as no surprise that MK feels this way. This is what the hyper casuals want, and at this point, I'm not sure why people are surprised when they find NRS games are all flash and no substance.

Today is the day of Asharah's reveal, stay tuned:

ashsh.jpg

BrotherFrank

Nouveau Riche
Patron

Find Li mei meh but i guess she is meant to come off as more a seasoned warrior rather then the naive village girl she used to be so can at least accept that justification.

The real shocker is tanya, WTF. And at 1.15 it looks like she has a unibrow, i hope that face makes it to a lot of meme reaction images.

BrotherFrank

Nouveau Riche
Patron
And kombat pack trailer dropped, seems like they ain't gonna be slowing down on adding kameo characters from other franchises, meh.

And kombat pack trailer dropped, seems like they ain't gonna be slowing down on adding kameo characters from other franchises, meh.

To be clear, those characters are all playable. They were also leaked by Amazon two months ago. A Kameo character is the character you call out to do some extra thing like you can do in some of Capcom’s Marvel games and SNK’s 2000 era King of Fighters games.

mortal-kombat-1684508978650.jpg

BrotherFrank

Nouveau Riche
Patron
My bad, such was my shock and disgust at seeing new, improved tanya reimagined for a modern audience i momentarily forgot kameo has taken on a new meaning in mk1 and defaulted back to kameo from previous games where it referred to robocop/terminator/alien, etc...

Seriously wtf. If you are a tanya fan, my condolences.

Last edited:

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Tanya is wtf. Not because she's black but because she doesn't have her signature hair style. I would never guess that's Tanya if someone hadn't told me. And what's with the phantom arms? She's a pyromancer, not a Hindu illusionist. As for the T-Virus, meh. The Tarkatans were never fleshed out anyway, so they might as well have been a virus.

Nathir

Liturgist
This looks so fucking bad. The gameplay looks the same as always, now with assissts. Animations are an ugly mess as always, with half-done animations and no sense of weight. Still going with overdesigned xrays and fatalities over simple, cleaner ones. They rebooted the story (again) but don't use the chance to make something new or simpler. They go again with a convoluted worldbuilding and exposition about Umgadi and Tarkatans nobody cares about. And as an added bonus all the characters now look ugly too. Why would anyone play this? This is a reskinned MK11.

Aemar

Arcane
Kano and Sonya have been staple characters since day 1. The other ones mentioned, not so much. Filler characters. They're mostly remembered only by hardcore MK players.

Kano and Sonya have been staple characters since day 1. The other ones mentioned, not so much. Filler characters. They're mostly remembered only by hardcore MK players.

Sonya is just generic military blonde who was added last minute to replace Jax/Stryker just for urgent need of female character. She's bland as hell and she should stay as kameo in MK12. She already gets best outfit since MK1, that MKX retro costume looked awful.

How is she more interesting than Bi-Han's waifu goth wymyn Sareena?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom