Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Necromunda: Underhive Wars - tactical RPG from Mordheim devs

I still hate the fact that they made this over an actual Chaos Gate like game where we would have deep tactical combat in the vein of Jagged Alliance or XCOM, SM vs CSM to start with and they could expand with other races. But no, muh gangs.

it's a board game adaptation you gigantic cretin
They could adapt Kill Team and the rules would be almost identical. But you'd have access to the standard races of 40k. And it'd be a great advert for the tabletop game considering they just announced 9th edition with a big media push.

hoothoot

Arcane
Patron
Deathwatch and kill team could be easily made into some raid shadow legends type game and make heaps of money

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I don't know if anyone said it yet, but this cannot be repeated enough:

Please allow speeding up animations way more than just 50%.

I'd love to play Mordheim, but after 5-10 hours, it just breaks me and I move on to games that do not waste so damn much of my time.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
EIN7sNH.png
It's a matter of time x 1

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Deathwatch and kill team could be easily made into some raid shadow legends type game and make heaps of money

So this game, which was P2W on mobile?

Paying wasn't really necessary if I remember correctly. The PC version is allegedly broken and the developer abandoned it - again iirc.

Reading the comments in the thread, it didn't seemed that broken. And the dev just went under

Edit: Zombra, what do you mean?

Last edited:

vonAchdorf

Arcane
Reading the comments in the thread, it didn't seemed that broken. And the dev just went under

I played it more on mobile (even though I have both versions) and didn't have the alleged game breaking (save bug?) bug on PC. Some of the devs formed a new company and released Warhammer Quest 2 - which is a worse game than the first. The are currently making an Age of Sigmar digital boardgame.

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

So this game, which was P2W on mobile?

Paying wasn't really necessary if I remember correctly. The PC version is allegedly broken and the developer abandoned it - again iirc.

The game worked fine for me on Steam, and I played it through the end.
The PC version doesn't have the P2W elements of the mobile one (as in, you cannot purchase lootboxes), but it inherits its card-based loot system (with a much more generous drop rate, like 5* faster).
The game is relatively grindy, with slow AF animations, BUT it also has a very good level design and combat system, so I would recommend it despite its flaws.
You can use Cheatengine to make the game faster iirc (and to get more loot).

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I don't care about Warhammer Deathwatch. This thread is supposed to be about the upcoming Necromunda game. It doesn't bother me to mention another game here and there, but if there are 10 posts in a row that have nothing to do with the topic, it's time to think about a new thread. There's already a thread specifically about Deathwatch for chrissake. Why not go talk there?

hoothoot

Arcane
Patron
Is this game even coming out?
Its probably gonna be so bad.
Should follow bloodbowl example and just do a near copy of original game to pc and done but probably we will get some sort of nu-xcom abomination

hoothoot

Arcane
Patron
Played it on my phone for awhile before uninstalling and not thinking abt it until this thread where people keep mentioning it and i recall it with distaste

i'd like to know what phone that would be when mordheim isn't a mobile game, triple nigger
There's actually a tablet/phone implementation of Mordheim (iOS IIRC, don'tkniw if there's an Android version, I saw some gameplay of the beta on an emulator some time ago). It uses grid-based movement and movement points, but the rolls are lifted straight out of the tabletop game (it uses d6).

hoothoot

Arcane
Patron
Its payschemed and grindy as fuk and just as slow as everyone is mad abt.

Is it different than the PC game?

hoothoot

Arcane
Patron
Either way if anyone wants to play necromunda tabletop ive been thinking abt trying it on vassal. Send PM

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Still no gameplay, huh?

https://store.steampowered.com/newshub/app/566440/view/2245554624189468660

Welcome to the Underhive!
ZxRlwJJ.gif

Greetings, Gangers,

Necromunda: Underhive Wars, the tactical RPG and first video game adaptation from mythical tabletop game Necromunda, is coming to PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC this summer. Today, plunge into the depths of Necromunda, one of the most famous Hive Worlds from the legendary Warhammer 40,000 universe in our new story trailer.

Get a glimpse of what awaits you before delving into the depths with the Orlock, Escher, and Goliath clans in search of the most valuable treasures of the nightmarish, polluted hive cities of Necromunda. As the three clash in savage third-person tactical battles, who will come out on top and who will be doomed to failure?

hL8YhhU.jpg

The most famous Hive World of Warhammer 40.000 in a compelling tactical RPG
Necromunda: Underhive Wars takes you closer to the action than any tactical game before, giving you an over-the-shoulder view of every lethal takedown and sniper shot. Dive deep in the twisted, vertiginous, dark tunnels of the Underhive in this tactical RPG where rival gangs fight to the bitter end for personal power, wealth, survival and the honour of their Houses. Lead, customise, and grow your gangs of Esher, Goliath, and Orlock and bring them to the fight against AI or online with up to three other players. The choice, and consequences, are yours - only the strongest survive.

We’ll reveal more information about Necromunda: Underhive Wars very soon.
4jun6QX.jpg

Necromunda: Underhive Wars launches this Summer on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC. Players can pre-order the game now on Steam.
Don’t hesitate to join our official Discord, as well as follow us on Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Facebook and Twitch to be among the first to know more about Necromunda: Underhive Wars.

https://necromunda-underhivewars.com/

Last edited:

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Yeah, multiplatform doesn't bode well. Next thing you know they'll introduce some kind of horrible console-centric UI.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
I beg to differ, because XCOM is as popular as ever. Yes, I'm painfully aware of the fact that it is not true to the originals, but I still welcome it being on the rails of the genre

:shunthenonbeliever:

Mate, the sins of nuXCOM are too many to list. 2ap, enemies only spawning as you run into them, pitiful deployment strength, and so on. Just... go away and rethink your taste.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom