Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Neverwinter new pics - OH GAWD ITZ HEAVAN

J1M

Arcane
Add me to your guild channel or whatever.

odin@warforgedbard

Gerrard

Arcane
The "Treasure" items are thee only to be sold and take up your inventory space I assume?

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Play Ragnarok 2 instead. Released today, free to play. A proper MMORPG. It's kawaii too. :smug:

Crispy

I feel... young!
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
598514-ro2ss.jpg

GTFO

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
So, against my better judgment I started to play this yesterday and the non-horrible combat kept me going longer than any other MMO I can remember, as they usually lost their charm after two hours tops.

Not sure if this will last (probably not), but coincidentally I am on the Dragon shard too (had the shortest queue then), so I would be interested in joining the guild, with the diclaimer that I might stop playing at any moment without any forewarning.

I am at work atm, but will check charname@username when I get home, provided I will be able to log in...

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Btw guys, when you send friend invites to me it'd be good if you Tell while you do it that you're from the Codex. Saves time.

anus_pounder

Arcane
So apparently vaarna is on my friends list already. Guess the friends list carries over every cryptic game. What about that chat room we had? I know it works in both CO and STO, does it carry over here?

Stokowski

Arcane
Fortunately my download sped up. I've rolled up a rogue on Dragon server, so add me if you feel like it:

Quinn@legion10

Although I've not gotten too deeply into it a rogue feels pretty squishy (more than expected) so boss combat has been all about kiting and pew-pew. Hmmmm.

For a Beta it all seems pretty polished so far, which is a bit of a surprise. Wished they hadn't bothered with the voice acting though: the very definition of mediocre.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
For a Beta it all seems pretty polished so far, which is a bit of a surprise. Wished they hadn't bothered with the voice acting though: the very definition of mediocre.
They could not have gone without voice acting in today's age! What do you think this is 1987?

I'm playing with sound off anyway.

Vaarna_Aarne

Damn, how many of us are using a Rogue by now?

Also, your info is wrong Stokowski. Either you're not using the correct username (you can check ingame), or you're not being case-specific.

As for Hellraiser, your username still needs posting if you haven't contacted me already.

For future reference, you can send the invite and a quick mail to Ashur@vaarna_aarne

J1M

Arcane
I like the crafting in this game. Reminds me of those starbase projects you guys were doing in STO.

Not really a fan of them directly importing the currency system from STO though. Refining astral diamonds is pretty weird and dealing with them in the thousands is jarring.

Does this game have a subscription similar to DDO? So far it seems like all of the content is available to everyone with a la carte prices so high there must be some sort of bundled option.

Vaarna_Aarne

Most of the stuff in the Zen store is either useless, convenience or glitter. I kinda like the term Pay2Manwhore.

The bundles are essentially what you get with the Founder packs they sell.

Rivmusique

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Downloaded, anything that the guild is flooded with or short on? Had a quick mess around on a rogue, but not really attached and could change.

Vaarna_Aarne

Well, by my reckoning it seems we've got a LOT of Rogues, a good deal of Guardian Fighters, a notable number of Great Weapon Fighters, a handful of Clerics, and me as the Wizard.

Gerrard

Arcane
I wish the stats:
a) weren't in a tiny fucking box where I have to scroll to see them all
b) actually updated properly with all the buffs you get
Or is the "Disciple of Strength" feat simply broken and not working at all?

J1M

Arcane
Do rogues have significantly different gameplay? I remember in DDO there were sometimes entirely different approaches to the basic "enter room, kill group" in missions for rogues. They could skip groups of enemies and climb around in the rafters to locate the high value targets they were looking for to complete the quests.

I'd be interested to know how gameplay changes at level 10 for each class. When my cleric got the ability to channel divinity I noticed I was approaching things differently. (Basically it is a mode you can enter where all of your abilities are boosted. Using them depletes a meter. You can enter and exit the mode free of charge.) Some abilities get new features, such as AOE damage or knockback when I channel them.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Do rogues have significantly different gameplay?

As opposed to what?

The stealth ability you get at lvl 10 is only for a few seconds - I suppose you could skip a mob pack or two every now and then, but it's not meant for that.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom