Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Good Old Games
Donate to Codex
News Content Gallery About Donate Discord Contact
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NWN Neverwinter Nights (NWN & NWN2) Modules Thread

Jack Of Owls

Prophet
The mod devs still did best with what they had to work with, I mean this is the best looking NWN module I've played

Post a few screenshots if you want and show us the candy; preferably in zoomed out overhead isometric view. I personally always liked how NWN looked, providing you didn't get in too close. I wish Beamdoggie added more models with a higher polygon count since some of the stock characters still look like blockheads with hip/spine problems.

Jack Of Owls

Prophet
Don't worry, they're all still there, the Brofist on the right opens a pop-up panel with all the buttons.

Oh, I feel so silly. I'm thankful I only bitched about it 3 times before I caught it thanks to your help. Otherwise I would probably have gone on & on & on.

Poseidon00

Arcane
New Beamdog models work just fine with animation changing mods and it all looks...good. I actually enjoy watching my character now. If the monster models could be updated (they won't) it really would look like a brand new game.

Question though. Are Beamdogs half orcs broken and glitchy or are they just not a good fit with my current mod loadout?

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Does anyone have a good Cleric/Rogue build?

basically take Trickery and Travel domains

u get haste and improved invisibility which are incredibly powerful

go dex based if high magic setting, go str based if low magic

start with rogue at lvl 1 for extra skill points

race prolly human for no exp penalty, extra feat will mean a lot

attribute distribution will be tricky, u'll be spread thin with this kind of build

thats all i can think of for now

Jack Of Owls

Prophet
New Beamdog models work just fine with animation changing mods and it all looks...good. I actually enjoy watching my character now. If the monster models could be updated (they won't) it really would look like a brand new game.

Question though. Are Beamdogs half orcs broken and glitchy or are they just not a good fit with my current mod loadout?

There's that Q-Project add-on/mod thingie, I think, that gives the base game/expansions higher resolutions and better monster modeles. I used it with SoU and HotU in my last playthrough 3 or 4 years ago and I must admit, it made the game look really nice. But if you play modules with it- well, you'll be in God's hands since some of the monster models are bigger than their originals and can no longer fit through doors. Even the author of the Swordflight series doesn't recommend it. I personally encountered a bug with the Q-Project where dead beholders still had their alive animation after being killed. I notified the author about it and he was very receptive to the idea of fixing it soon, despite being a cranky french guy that scolded me, implying, "Okay, I'll fix it but NOT UNTIL AFTER THE WEEKEND because I'm in a mood right now, damnit!"

Robber Baron

Savant
how many active people?

i played on a bunch of great PWs over the years, dont know how many of them still exist

Very little, like 5-8 daily and ~20 on weekends, you'll also need to keep in mind what type of crowd plays low populated RP servers

Top Bottom