Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mass Effect New Mass Effect confirmed

SumDrunkGuy

and how badly they had distorted the looks of the model that they paid to model female Ryder.
I'm not sure why some people are ashamed by the beauty of attractive females.
Insecurity. It's the dominant trait in all fat pink/blue haired tranny/lesbos.

Shackleton

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
I'm just telling the god's honest truth. DA Inquisition is one of the worst abominations I've ever played and from what I've heard DA2 and Andromeda aren't much better.

Andromederp is WORSE.

It wasn't easy to make something worse than Inquisition or ME3, but they managed to pull it off. It's not just the hilarious glitches and bugs. Even with those fixed, there's no good game underneath.

Actually, fixing the bugs made it worse since those were the only entertaining parts of the game.

I've been trying to play Andromeda having seen a couple of posters say it's not *that* bad, but it's just so damn boring! Every char has reams of dull, pointless exposition about shit that no-one in their right mind cares about. The combat is pretty entertaining, but they got the balance of combat to talking really, really wrong. Made it to the second big planet, the ice one and just can't take it anymore. Even roleplaying as someone who makes passes at every female alien and scorns his own species has lost it's appeal.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I played it all the way through. Trust me, it doesn't get better.

In fact the ending sucks. It's hard to have a disappointing ending to a shit game but they managed.

Duraframe300

Arcane
I'm just telling the god's honest truth. DA Inquisition is one of the worst abominations I've ever played and from what I've heard DA2 and Andromeda aren't much better.

Andromederp is WORSE.

It wasn't easy to make something worse than Inquisition or ME3, but they managed to pull it off. It's not just the hilarious glitches and bugs. Even with those fixed, there's no good game underneath.

Actually, fixing the bugs made it worse since those were the only entertaining parts of the game.

Bioware had already been on the decline for quite some time even before Andromeda... But I do recall one of the Andromeda devs as an exceptionally useless piece of shit, the "gameplay designer" who happens to be a Pajeet street shitter named Manveer Heir "My brown ass got talked to all the time about speaking up."

The best part, he blamed the game reception/state on Bioware's "homogeneous" leadership, all white men... I dunno, Black Isle, Troika, Early Bioware and a host of other "homogeneous" devs/leaders were able to make some damn fine games...

https://archive.ph/mhv0G#selection-1245.0-1245.60

View attachment 25918
- Rants about white people

- Uses photo for his profile picture with brightness played up that makes him look like your random, slightly tanned, white douche.

:hmmm:

SumDrunkGuy

I can't imagine anything being worse than Inquisition. I've been watching let's plays of Andromeda to help me fall asleep and I haven't seen anything remotely as offensive as what's in DAI. Granted I pass out like 10 minutes in or I'm on my phone not paying attention. It's a bit of both.

Honestly smartphones are the worst thing humanity has ever invented. They are worse than nukes.

Aarwolf

Learned
I can't imagine anything being worse than Inquisition. I've been watching let's plays of Andromeda to help me fall asleep and I haven't seen anything remotely as offensive as what's in DAI.

Inquisition has some redeeming qualities, some characters are decently written (Dorian, of all people) and some maps are quite nice and pleasant to traverse. Andromeda, on the other hand, has no such things. I've endured few hours of this shit and everything was boring or ugly or mindnumbing, and I couldn't force myself to play it further (and I always liked Mass Effect better than Dragon Age).

Still, it's like arguing what is better, some mediocre 4/10 game or completely retarded 2/10 shit - better avoid both of them.

SumDrunkGuy

I can't imagine anything being worse than Inquisition. I've been watching let's plays of Andromeda to help me fall asleep and I haven't seen anything remotely as offensive as what's in DAI.

Inquisition has some redeeming qualities, some characters are decently written (Dorian, of all people) and some maps are quite nice and pleasant to traverse. Andromeda, on the other hand, has no such things. I've endured few hours of this shit and everything was boring or ugly or mindnumbing, and I couldn't force myself to play it further (and I always liked Mass Effect better than Dragon Age).

Still, it's like arguing what is better, some mediocre 4/10 game or completely retarded 2/10 shit - better avoid both of them.
I wish I could agree with you, but there's nothing redeeming about DA3. It is butthole cancer from start to finish. When I die I will blame that game. I don't care what the "experts" say. DA3 will be the reason I am dead.

Semiurge

Cipher
and how badly they had distorted the looks of the model that they paid to model female Ryder.

Their stubborn belief that making a woman uglier would magically enable men to see the depth in her, and as a consequence educate them about treating women right. As if plain and ugly women are seen as "people" automatically because they don't make men's bits tingle.

MuffinBun

Educated
In some cases maybe. But mostly it goes back to simple MEN LIKE IT --->SHUT IT DOWN behavior, rooted in extreme animosity. There's zero thought put into what people like or how it affects them. Not everyone is a wholesome humanist chungus like you and I.

I've been trying to play Andromeda having seen a couple of posters say it's not *that* bad, but it's just so damn boring! Every char has reams of dull, pointless exposition about shit that no-one in their right mind cares about. The combat is pretty entertaining, but they got the balance of combat to talking really, really wrong. Made it to the second big planet, the ice one and just can't take it anymore. Even roleplaying as someone who makes passes at every female alien and scorns his own species has lost it's appeal.
You need a solid resolve to get through that planet. Probably my least favorite part of the game, most boring despite the fact that this is where the game's big reveal takes place.

Last edited:

Hellion

Arcane
https://www.ea.com/games/mass-effect/mass-effect-legendary-edition/news/n7-day-2022

mike-gamble-16x9.jpg.adapt.1920w.jpg

danielle-enns-16x9.jpg.adapt.1920w.jpg

mary-de-marle-16x9.jpg.adapt.1920w.jpg

parrish-ley-16x9.jpg.adapt.1920w.jpg

Inspiring leadership.

Their stubborn belief that making a woman uglier would magically enable men to see the depth in her, and as a consequence educate them about treating women right. As if plain and ugly women are seen as "people" automatically because they don't make men's bits tingle.
Women, even straight ones, also treat ugly women worse.

Ugly men are treated worse than good looking men too. But only hiring ugly actors and only allowing pictures of ugly people wouldn't change that. You'd have to engage in some kind of multi-generational ugliness eugenics program or something - hey wait a minute...

RepHope

Savant
I’m just waiting for the shitstorm that will erupt when they announce that they had to canonize some choices because they can’t reconcile all the different deus ex machina endings from ME3.

Oh and somehow Cerberus returned because fuck you :dealwithit:

Lemming42

Arcane
Ready for this. I find myself in the sweet spot of not liking the series enough to care if they fuck it up worse, but liking it just enough* to be excited for a new entry.

*or, perhaps more accurately, being enthused by the unfulfilled potential that the series had

J1M

Arcane
I hope the new main character is a try-hard kid who grew up on the Citadel idolizing Shepard based on news reports and novellas. And the line between the man and the myth he is trying to emulate is blurred.

Or they could just do the frontier space investigator thing properly this time.

vortex

Fabulous Optimist

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom