Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mass Effect New Mass Effect confirmed

Ebonsword

Arcane
I liked Mass Effect: Andromeda more than most people, so I want to be optimistic about this...

..but I just can't see them doing anything interesting in a continuation of the Shepherd story.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
..but I just can't see them doing anything interesting in a continuation of the Shepherd story.

Shepard should be done, Liara being in it doesn't imply otherwise IMO. Unless the video talks about him, I was too apathetic to watch it. How long do Asari live? I forget. If they're like elves and live for a few hundred years or whatever they could set this pretty long after ME3 and be pretty vague about what happened in it. Though you'd still have to pick a canon ending to some degree (which I am absolutely fine with). More games should pick canon endings, it allows for better narratives and only autistic weirdos really care.

Other way they could go is Liara traveling to the "outer rim" equivalent and barely mentioning what's going on in the main part of the galaxy.

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
So the new main character is going to be someone who follows in Shepard's footsteps. It'd be fitting if his name was Sheep.

Wunderbar

Arcane
IFNHlrf.png

Self-Ejected

Joseph Stalin

Totally not Auraculum
I can already imagine the SEETHING if/when BioWare confirms "Destruction" was the canon ending. Let's face it - they have to, not only to make a proper sequel, but simply because the other two introduce so many changes to the universe it'd be ridiculous to try and portray them.

Lambach

Arcane
I can already imagine the SEETHING if/when BioWare confirms "Destruction" was the canon ending.

Still a better idea than moving the setting to a different galaxy with people and events nobody gives a shit about. Given that this is Bioware, tho, the story will inevitably revolve around saving the Galaxy from some Big Bad ™, so I have no idea how they plan on topping the Reapers on that front. A more grounded game about rebuilding the Galaxy and the challenges involved in it during the aftermath of blowing up the Relays sounds pretty good, but again, Bioware.

Self-Ejected

Joseph Stalin

Totally not Auraculum
I can already imagine the SEETHING if/when BioWare confirms "Destruction" was the canon ending.

Still a better idea than moving the setting to a different galaxy with people and events nobody gives a shit about. Given that this is Bioware, tho, the story will inevitably revolve around saving the Galaxy from some Big Bad ™, so I have no idea how they plan on topping the Reapers on that front. A more grounded game about rebuilding the Galaxy and the challenges involved in it during the aftermath of blowing up the Relays sounds pretty good, but again, Bioware.

Oh, you sweet summer child, you haven't seen their tweets, have you? It's a sequel to both Mass Effect 3 and Andromeda. So expect a large time skip and no Shepard.

Padzi

Arbiter
There's a DEAD-FUCKING-REAPER on the background (and she's probably climbing on another dead one).
If it's no destroy, then I don't know what the fuck happened.

iidck19i4i461.jpg

Xeon

Augur
Didn't Shepard die on earth? The Citadel was dragged to earth, right? I assume after he chose destruction, the entire Citadel got destroyed, he managed to fall to earth. Wouldn't other people still live on earth by that point and find him a lot sooner or did Shepard was sent somewhere away or something.

Wonder if some Reapers manged to survive, then they will make EDE survive as well or something.

Padzi

Arbiter
I assume after he chose destruction, the entire Citadel got destroyed, he managed to fall to earth.

The Citadel is fine. They re-build it after ME3 events (even destroy ending comfirmed that). Besides all reapers are dead.
But the Leviathans are fine. And they can be real threat.
latest

Xeon

Augur
Man, I am kinda alright with the Leviathans becoming enemies but at the same time I hope not, to me I think meeting them in ME3 was by far the best part. The underwater part looked fucking amazing, it gave me chills. Really wish they had an amazing cutscene of them fighting the Reapers during the final battle or something since they are supposed to be OP, tho I kinda wish after getting all the troops from all three games, each addition showed something during the final battle to make it worth it instead of just +readiness or whatever.

Padzi

Arbiter
Yes. For me Leviathan DLC was the best DLC (ok, ok, The Citadel DLC was the best but let's be clear - it's just meme run and shit and giggles so I'm not sure if I can count it as "true" DLC).
Besides I said that few times on codex aldready but I'm going to say it again. I would like prequel about First contact war.

Last edited:

Frozen

Arcane
HAHA

They are really desperate if they had to pull Shepard out of their ass lol

Good thing is its a big FUCK YOU to all synthesis defending retards. Destroy was always the only option.

ASS EFFECT 4: THE SEARCH FOR SHEPARD

lol

Frozen

Arcane
They will retcon the shit out of it. EC already gave them room because all that blowing up of relays was kind of lolz no, they can be rebuild in 2 months!

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas

Other way they could go is Liara traveling to the "outer rim" equivalent and barely mentioning what's going on in the main part of the galaxy.

So expect a large time skip and no Shepard.

The best way to make a new ME game would be to have a sort of mercenary captain (which could be of any main races) flying around the hinterlands collecting bounties, tech, ship upgrades, whatever. Can still assemble of team of quirky npc's from various races. Being more of a free agent working for whoever pays would be OK.

But biowhore always has to be EPIC™ so its not going to happen.

I would like prequel about First contact war.

Don't fall for the prequel meme bro, they always suck.

vortex

Fabulous Optimist
Man, I am kinda alright with the Leviathans becoming enemies but at the same time I hope not, to me I think meeting them in ME3 was by far the best part.
I can't see Leviathans being mad about people but some villain could use Leviathans to design new reaper based army going rouge.
Old man shepherd when?
Not necessarily since they can rebuilt Shepard from his remnants to his preview look.

There's a DEAD-FUCKING-REAPER on the background (and she's probably climbing on another dead one). If it's no destroy, then I don't know what the fuck happened.

Some reapers were deactivated, crash-landed on nearest planet. Since they have tough armor they can't be easily destroyed.

Last edited:

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

So expect a large time skip and no Shepard.

The best way to make a new ME game would be to have a sort of mercenary captain (which could be of any main races) flying around the hinterlands collecting bounties, tech, ship upgrades, whatever. Can still assemble of team of quirky npc's from various races. Being more of a free agent working for whoever pays would be OK.

But biowhore always has to be EPIC™ so its not going to happen.

Don't use the word hinterlands. Don't give Bioware any ideas!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom