Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mass Effect New Mass Effect confirmed

Self-Ejected

Joseph Stalin

Totally not Auraculum
Hello? Didn't you read their Twitter? They've all but confirmed via *wink wink* that it's a sequel to Andromeda as well. So a huge time skip. So no Shepard.

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I'm ok with no Shepard. He should get a nice retirement package and a statue on the Citadel, which we'll still be able to admire 500 years later.

He did his job and should spend the rest of his years with an alien girlfriend of his choice (I guess most players romanced Liara or Tali anyway).

The Jester

Cipher
Hello? Didn't you read their Twitter? They've all but confirmed via *wink wink* that it's a sequel to Andromeda as well. So a huge time skip. So no Shepard.
6G5xuhx.png
I don't consider this a "confirmation"

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Sooo does anyone know what was the end canon of mass defect 3?

Well, Liara doesn't have weird cybernetic green shit on her and the relays are destroyed (?), so...
Geee i have noticed that,surprisingly their trailers for me4 and da4 were pretty devoid of sjw garbage. Still i am curious about what was deemed canon when me3 splashed outside of the toilet.

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
One good story would be use Lazarus to bring Shepard back but he's half human-half reaper showing internal struggle but also learning about origins of Reapers.
Reaper part in him was used to bring him back. He learns how to control the reaper inside of him while doing other awesome stuff.

One in a long list of fan theories that will show more talent than the writers of the game.

Tyrr

Liturgist
The only way they get me back into the series:

Shepard wakes up on the Normandy SR-2. "Now that was a horrible dream. Shouldn't have eaten than cold pizza yesterday night. Let's save the universe from that Reaper invasion!"

Tyrr

Liturgist
Hmmm.
They best thing about a new ME could be new/improved models for "independent filmmakers" out there...

Vorark

Erudite
Shepard should be done, Liara being in it doesn't imply otherwise IMO. Unless the video talks about him, I was too apathetic to watch it. How long do Asari live? I forget. If they're like elves and live for a few hundred years or whatever they could set this pretty long after ME3 and be pretty vague about what happened in it. Though you'd still have to pick a canon ending to some degree (which I am absolutely fine with). More games should pick canon endings, it allows for better narratives and only autistic weirdos really care.

Other way they could go is Liara traveling to the "outer rim" equivalent and barely mentioning what's going on in the main part of the galaxy.

Thought the same about Liara.

There could be a big timeskip up to/past the point of Andromeda happening (circa 600+ years in the future) and it wouldn't be far-fetched for her to be alive and kicking back in the Milky Way. She would be one of very few to remember the reaper war and THE SHEPARD (cue her digging that N7 plate from snow and going down memory lane). Would be a way to soft-reboot the whole franchise.

That being said, I have little to no hope left for a good game in this universe.

HarveyBirdman

Arbiter
THE BAR PLOTTED AGAINST MY HOPES (at X)

THE BAR
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
X___________________________________ MY HOPES

Great news for them. At the very worst, they will meet my expectations.

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
It's not just asari that have a long lifespan, guys, krogans do too. The oldest krogan in the trilogy is Okeer, who is implied to be 1,600-2,000 years old, and he still showed no significant signs of aging. They could bring back Grunt or even Wrex and Wreav if they really wanted.

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
It's not just asari that have a long lifespan, guys, krogans do too. The oldest krogan in the trilogy is Okeer, who is implied to be 1,600-2,000 years old, and he still showed no significant signs of aging. They could bring back Grunt or even Wrex and Wreav if they really wanted.

Why would anyone care how long krogan live

Padzi

Arbiter

Why would anyone care how long krogan live

Because nerds are like:
tumblr_inline_orkrtqnJEC1rjs7p1_500.gifv

vortex

Fabulous Optimist
Nerds? More like LOREMASTERS! :obviously:

My brain is on fire. I have another theory for Mass Effect. After Lazarus project, you hear a familiar voice. As you open one eye, you see Keanu Reaves as Cerberus undercover agent telling you: " Wake up Shepard. We have a gallaxy to buurrrrrnn!"

Last edited:

Padzi

Arbiter
Nerds? More like LOREMASTERS! :obviously:

My brain is on fire. I have another theory for Mass Effect. After Lazarus project, you hear a familiar voice. As you open one eye, you see Keanu Reaves as Cerberus undercover agent telling you: " Wake up Shepard. We have a gallaxy to buurrrrrnn!"

Shut up nerd.
Now money and lunch.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom