Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Mass Effect New Mass Effect confirmed

Xelocix

Learned
Hearing about a new Mass Effect game is like hearing about a new Star Wars film coming out. Both companies had their chance to make something original and blew it, so now they just want to milk the IP for cash and pump out as many shitty soulless sequels/remasters/remakes as possible. I really couldn't care less about ME anymore, especially since I'm assuming ME5 will just be another hollywood blockbuster game like ME2+3, or an SJW cringefest like Andromeda.

I might get a little interested in the series again if they restore the old retro sci-fi vibe of ME1 though. ME was so much better back when it focused on mystery and intrigue.

Last edited:

vortex

Fabulous Optimist
I suspect with next-gen ME5, char creator shall look something like this

Also, I'll make prediction Billie Eilish shall have a title song or even a voiceover in ME5 since her mother voiced Samara.

Last edited:

J1M

Arcane
This type of tech is why all of the women in modern games look like men.

Tyrr

Liturgist
It's because most "women" in the games industry today are really men.
When you are making games and the office is full of trannies, you may think that women look this way.

J1M

Arcane
It's because most "women" in the games industry today are really men.
When you are making games and the office is full of trannies, you may think that women look this way.
I have to think it is more along the lines of the diversity crowd essentially performing a soft strike by wasting time bitching about "representation" until the characters look as ugly as they do. Management gets frustrated at the 'distraction', and orders a change, not realizing that for the activist/trust fund employee these distractions are the main reason they are in the industry.

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I suspect with next-gen ME5, char creator shall look something like this

Also, I'll make prediction Billie Eilish shall have a title song or even a voiceover in ME5 since her mother voiced Samara.

I know this has been done to death, but remember the days when RPG gamers were talking about how great it was to play a RPG and have the character's face just lacking actual features?. So you could kinf of imagine it was almost you, but not have the 4th wall breaking uncanny valley of seeing your actual mug in the game.

Now I expect we're just a few button presses from uploading your face into a game from a phone. Or whatever those things are that people stick to their faces and hands these days.

Wunderbar

Arcane

pEWtQOg.jpg

looks like a geth.

J1M

Arcane
What's the surprise? We already knew they were making a new game.

Last edited:

Wunderbar

Arcane
No one is surprised. I'm just reposting an official picture, that sort-of confirms geth theme.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
One thing about the new ship, its extremely small. This means that the game could have less companions or that they hang out at a central location like Skyhold in Dragon age Inquisition, and the ship is just transportation between hubs.

J1M

Arcane
Good. I liked the Geth as baddies more than Blue Sons or Cerberus thugs. And they better get Legion back. I need it to help me kill heretics.
Legion as protagonist, absorbing new abilities from destroyed heretic platforms!

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Looks nice. I'll take a more compressed Ebon Hawk-style ship and crewmates over the Normandy anyday.

and maybe one without loading screens between the different parts of the ship.
Though one thing that was interesting in ME3 was having the characters that sometime change positions around the ship, it felt more alive and less static

quixotic

Learned
Did nuBioWare learn anything from Andromeda?
Only time will tell...
And time’s a dickhead, so no, they probably didn’t.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom