Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

New Silent Hill Announced

mord

Novice
Angela voice is even worse than her face, and what's up with the goofy preorders, this is a horror game and they giving out funny hats.
deluxe-edition-pre-order-600x338.jpg

Zlaja

Arcane

Remake design is worse in all three examples. In the first example his wife's look-alike does not look seducting enough (the whole point of the character is to seduce James). In the second example, Angela looks more goofy than tormented, and in the last one, the little girl looks a little too cute and not creepy enough (she's supposed to be little creepy).

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
What does Maria even have around her neck in the redesign? Looks like something that would injure you just by wearing it. And they have to have those goofy-ass vaguely square-ish and androgynous faces, of course :roll:

911 Jumper

Learned
Getting DMC vibes now...

Looks like a cute homage.

“Cute” is the last thing I'd call that. More like it's a reminder that Blooper ditched Maria's superior original outfit for something that is inferior and forgettable.

Maybe it's just a cute homage.

I noticed you recently also said Zelda was “cute”. Females and homosexual males tend to use the word cute to describe things.
:philosoraptor:

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Environments look stunning. I could even accept new characters, but the new camera is a serious downgrade. I'll wait for player gameplay reviews, I guess.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
GRYOnline.pl

As a regular representative of the genre the new Silent Hill 2 is quite good, and should deliver lots of fun to gamers that like this kind of games. But as a remake of one of the most important horror games in history this new version looks extremely mediocre, which in my eyes is a greater crime than making a simply bad game.
Ehh, so what I've expected. They also wrote:
PROS:

still a great script;
despite obvious flaws, it's still a decent horror that can scare;
new puzzles;
music, new arrangements and sound design;
nice graphics, play of light and really atmospheric fog.

CONS:

the original atmosphere of surrealism and anxiety has disappeared somewhere;
sluggish pace of the action and story;
too much annoying combat;
in a few places, inappropriate artistic changes;
in places, visible budget in animations and technical condition;
occasional drops in fluidity during fights;
diversification of the gameplay by demolishing walls and moving containers, seriously?

Yuber

Educated
Bloober team should be ashamed. I despise them.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom