Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

New Silent Hill Announced

Morenatsu.

Liturgist
there is literally no reason to ever use shitty old pc ports of any emulatable console game anymore

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
Just gimmi a proper remaster of SH3 and I can die happy.
Why do you need a remaster of SH3? Was it not good as it was?
I don't have a ps2 ass.
E M U L A T I O N ?
He doesn't have a PC either.

That said, don't you have PS5, SDG ? Doesn't it play old PS games?

If not... isn't PS2 cheap nowadays anyway?
Didn't someone mention that SDG finally bought a "gayming" PC/laptop?

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Just gimmi a proper remaster of SH3 and I can die happy.
Why do you need a remaster of SH3? Was it not good as it was?
I don't have a ps2 ass.
E M U L A T I O N ?
He doesn't have a PC either.

That said, don't you have PS5, SDG ? Doesn't it play old PS games?

If not... isn't PS2 cheap nowadays anyway?
Didn't someone mention that SDG finally bought a "gayming" PC/laptop?
Isn't his "gayming PC/laptop" that Valve handheld?

JDR13

Arcane

Konjad

Patron
Pathetic that after all these years this will only be the 2nd SH game on Steam. Konami needs to take a page from Capcom.

Are the Windows ports of SH 2-4 worth trying to play? I heard they were pretty janky. Also, what about SH: Homecoming? I have it on Steam but have never even installed it.
I played SH2-4 on PC only, so I can't answer you what's the difference between them and PS versions, but they are great games. Homecoming was shit though, I abandoned the series after that turd.

JDR13

Arcane
Pathetic that after all these years this will only be the 2nd SH game on Steam. Konami needs to take a page from Capcom.

Are the Windows ports of SH 2-4 worth trying to play? I heard they were pretty janky. Also, what about SH: Homecoming? I have it on Steam but have never even installed it.
I played SH2-4 on PC only, so I can't answer you what's the difference between them and PS versions, but they are great games. Homecoming was shit though, I abandoned the series after that turd.
If I remember correctly, only SH 1-4 were made by Konami. All other SH games are from outside developers even though they were still published by Konami.

Wunderbar

Arcane
Are the Windows ports of SH 2-4 worth trying to play? I heard they were pretty janky.
SH2 had some serious issues (worse sound quality, worse fog effects, incompatibility with multi-core CPUs, bugs, etc), but all of that was patched by the fans. Check out Silent Hill 2 Enhanced Edition, it makes PC version the definitive version of the game.

SH3 is pretty much good right out of the box, the only thing you'd need to install is a widescreen patch since by default the game only supports 4:3 resolutions.

SH4 had some issues as well, but not as serious as SH2. Most of those issues were fixed in GOG's release, plus there's a patch that restores some of the missing ps2 hauntings (check pcgamingwiki for the links and installation instructions).

Homecoming is garbage.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
https://www.ign.com/articles/bloober-team-ceo-silent-hill-2-interview-piotr-babieno

Speaking to IGN at DICE Summit 2023, Bloober Team CEO Piotr Babieno says it wants to change the way it tells stories. He wants to move beyond games that lean on simple mechanics typically found in “walking simulator” games – a term that Babieno acknowledges still attracts undeserved derision from gaming audiences.

Instead, he wants Bloober to be making games with larger scopes and more complex and involved gameplay mechanics on the level of other giants in the horror genre. He wants Bloober to be known as the studio that defines the future of video game horror, especially as he observes more people turning to horror for catharsis amidst increasingly chaotic and terrifying real-world events.

“We still would like to make meaningful games, we still would like to keep our DNA to tell [stories] about things which are important to us,” he says. “However, not by environmental storytelling, but by full action, to have much more mass appeal. And I think that this is the reason why we have chosen Silent Hill.”

nobody expected the unexpected

Konjad

Patron
u1aum6g1omua1.png

Baron Dupek

Arcane
People had hopes?

You have Konami and modern devs not undestanding the series or being forced to do.... this.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom