Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Niggling problems remaining in new Codex - also for identifying possible bugs

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
Uh, you have clickable up and down arrows at the bottom right side of every page. Though Twiglard 's set them to hide immediately, they reappear every time you slightly move/scroll up or down any forum page.

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
I don't think there were any buttons that would go only to the top of the post, that wouldn't make any sense since most posts aren't that long anyway so it'd be a useless link in the majority of posts. I checked my XF1 install and there are no such links in posts.

Semiurge

Cipher
Now might be a good time to finally implement proper encryption. I've gotten warnings about the site not supporting https for two days now when at first connecting to the forum, then after visiting another site I don't get the alert anymore. This is because 'https everywhere' is enabled, as it should be. This might be an issue caused by encrypted connection scanning as well.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
I don't think there were any buttons that would go only to the top of the post, that wouldn't make any sense since most posts aren't that long anyway so it'd be a useless link in the majority of posts. I checked my XF1 install and there are no such links in posts.

I'm pretty sure I didn't imagine that existing. It was in the bottom right corner of every post and I used it very often in the screenshots thread and in various LPs. Fairly certain it was a recent addition too.

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
It's possible that DarkUnderlord (?) manually added an anchor link there, but something like that would have very limited practical use and would just add another largely unnecessary link to every post. Maybe potentially useful if it was limited to LP/screenshot forums only, but given that nobody's missed it so far, I expect that it was not a feature many people used. If it did exist at all -- I've gone over all the XF1 template modifications before the conversion to XF2 and I don't remember seeing any custom anchor additions inside posts, otherwise we'd have reimplemented it already.

Taluntain

Most Frabjous
Staff Member
Now might be a good time to finally implement proper encryption. I've gotten warnings about the site not supporting https for two days now when at first connecting to the forum, then after visiting another site I don't get the alert anymore. This is because 'https everywhere' is enabled, as it should be. This might be an issue caused by encrypted connection scanning as well.
"Proper encryption" has been implemented years ago. For the issues that you're having, post screenshots and browser information. More often than not on the Codex, the problem is users installing a dozen privacy addons that not surprisingly eventually end up conflicting with normal functioning of the website.

Peachcurl

Cipher
Did visible signature size decrease? I noticed I could fit like two quotes in my signature to appear (the ones stay "hidden"), now I can't even fit two one-line quotes. Feels like signatures are 50% smaller now
Pretty sure that's to do with the font-size increase.
I decreased my font in the signature, but it still had the problem.
Yeah, I noticed that decreasing font size seems not to do much in terms of saving space. If you go below 12, any decrease in font size just leads to respective increase in line spacing.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
I miss the statistics about every poster, which sub forum they posted the most in

FriendlyMerchant

In the alerts page in the account settings, there still is no way to go to the post the alert is for by clicking the alerts. You can only do it with the pop-down menu for the alerts.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I just noticed a forum-breaking issue with button ratings.

The regular parrot is bigger than the top hat + monocled parrot. I'm boiling at the disrespect of natural hierarchy.

If anything, the prestigious parrot should be taller on account of his hat. Like the smilies: :M+M

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
Sigh. The "upgrade" isn't as bad as it used to be, but it's still just straight up inferior to the previous Codex.

Alex

Arcane
It's possible that DarkUnderlord (?) manually added an anchor link there, but something like that would have very limited practical use and would just add another largely unnecessary link to every post. (snip...)
Yes, roxor. Stop suggesting useless features like that. The Codex needs it's limited link allowance for things that are actually useful like putting dozens of buttons on the end of every post

mondblut

Arcane
Is it just me, or is display of names and badges garbled? Regardless of length, something is cut short for everyone.

0AJrcrt.png

mondblut

Arcane
UHag7qj.png

Not even the royalty are spared circumcision, unless their tit(t)les are long and pretentious enough.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Is it intended that if I'm ignoring a user, I can never see any thread they started, nor any part of it?

I got a notification about a new reply in a thread for a game I care about a lot, but since the first post in that thread happens to be by someone I'm ignoring, I can't read any of it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom